Great Game, Jets are for real.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyIommi, Oct 25, 2015.

1. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

That game is why we all watch NFL football. The Jets were very much the equal of the Pats today. Hope Mangold is ok. That back door cover doesn't hurt the bettors who took the points either. And please can we end the myth that the Patriots "cheat" by using the pick play. As we saw today, it seems to be in the playbook of all NFL teams. I know that you fans and the Jets are beyond moral victories, but the Jets proved they are a threat and NOBODY will want to draw them in the playoffs.

JetLifeLo, Vida, srains and 5 others like this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Our offensive line was dominated all game. Other than that, coaching is by far the majority of the reason we lost today. Piss poor coverage calls lead to the Patriots offense succeeding.

jerseyjay14 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Sorry...right now I just can't take ANY positives away from a game we SHOULD have won. I disagree on one front...that is NOT why I watch NFL football. I watch it for the NY Jets to win football games...not moral victories of we being "equals" and crap.

Not only was our o-line dominated but our pass rush was non-existent and we, yet again, couldn't stop the damn tight end.

Diabolical_Jet_Fan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Seems as if you've lost your mind. Settle down, big guy.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Still would like to know why Bowles didn't use any of the time outs.

6. Jason05

Jason05 Member

We are for real means...we are a good football team but not good enough to win it all.

7. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I never realized how many pussies we had on this board. I can't believe some folks actually have an agenda against Todd Bowles. He coached a great game. If Marshall makes that catch then who knows where we are. Losing Pryor hurt as well since Bailey was in on that 3rd and 17 play. We played a great game and I'm proud of my team.

That last play by Fitz worries me the most. We couldn't even attempt a Hail Mary bc of his lack of arm strength. Times like that is when I would just plug in Geno for a hail mary pass lol

Will, PhillyJet52, NCJetsfan and 6 others like this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Knew we'd get a "nice match, chaps" message from an Pats fan, but I hate seeing you win I don't care how good or bad the Jets play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fansince90 likes this.
  9. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

You were 4-12 last year. Playoffs and a win in the post season is the logical progression.

Vida likes this.
  10. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Along the same line, I wonder where the resident Bills fans are right now.

11. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Not using a TO immediately after the play following the 2:00 warning was, sadly, as inexplicable a lapse as anything Rex ever did or failed to do.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

They had what felt like a record number of drops, and we had a lot of longer 3rd down conversions. We just didn't play quite as well. Simple as that.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Good, but not good enough. We let this one slip away.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the sentiment, but to me it looks like just another loss. Concerned by how bad we looked in the 4th quarter. The team faded. Questionable coaching decisions down the stretch. Losing Pryor was huge. Would be nice to actually come up big against a quality opponent.

15. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Go fuck your self.... Online and in real life.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We played the World Champs and lost. However, we had them on the ropes and was holding serve against them but the tide turned aftyer Marshall flubbed the TD catch.

Surprised we diidnt blitz more sucessfully. Everytime I looked another Jet player injured. Ioan Eagle and Fouts should go circle jerk with Patty fans. Only D Dierdoff was worse CBS announcer practically giving NE another parade with their pundits

NE was definitely scared shitless the first half after that duuno..

17. patsrulenfl

patsrulenfl New Member

Pats fan here. Just my practical observations from the game.

1. Jets are definitely for real. Any other team and they win this game. I think any other QB not named Rodgers and they still win this game.
    2. Jets dropped a TD which was the killer, but the Pats (mostly Lafell) dropped 7 balls and one (Edelman) which would have be a TD, so I think that offsets that.
    3. I was worried about the good Jets pass defense but I wasn't too much impressed with it. The Pats were predictable all game long. Everyone knew they would pass but they still couldn't stop them.
    4. I was actually pissed as to why the Pats didn't run much, even just to keep the defense honest. I just think they might not have the right OL combination to run hard but who knows.
    5. I think the away game at Metlife will be tough for NE. It could either way but it also depends on how and what position the teams are at that moment since it's so late in the season.
    6. Good Luck for the rest of the season. It will be hard for the Jets to win the division after today's loss but a wildcard is almost certain. But stranger things have happened in the past.

18. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Maybe the football's were too inflated for them?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. Bobdigital

Bobdigital Member

You just lost a close game to the world champs at home. To be 100% I expect the Jets to win in their house after watching this game. Pats merely held serve and barely at that.

Vida and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

The problem for the Jets is their pass D is somewhat negated by how the Pats attack the field. They throw to the middle and underneath. Jets pass D excels more against traditional outside WR teams. What I was most disappointed in was the lack of a pass rush. I thought we would consistently get more pressure on Brady but that didn't happen. You guys made big plays when it mattered. And I thought your front 7 played great, you made our running game mostly invisible. The Pats deserved to win even though I hate them

Vida, tiger8mush and NCJetsfan like this.