Week 7: New York Jets vs New England Patriots thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We were 4-12 last year so this game shows just how far we've come in a very short time. We may not like the Pats, but they are the champs so they get the respect they deserve. Calvin Pace was spot on. You don't win that many rings by cheating so lets just put our emotions on hold and view this game for what it really is. The Pats are where we want to be one day so this should be a pretty good barometer as to where we are in the big picture. We're a long way from 4-12. Lets see how close we are to being in the SB conversation.

ajax and dawinner127 like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Fair point Grandpa. Go ahead and respect them but I don't. You are right on one thing, this is a good barometer. Not for our D or anything. I just want to to see how Bowles adjusts in the second half against one of the best second half adjusting coach in Bellichick. This is one thing I have liked so far from Bowles. Second half adjustments. Will we see them again this week or no? So many questions for me will be answered in this game. Can't really wait.

socaljetfan likes this.
  3. TB4XSBC

TB4XSBC Trolls

The best player on your team didn't seem to mind joining our organization and winning his only SB ring with us.

The only ring he will ever have was won in a Patriots uniform.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Neither can I Brook. I'm just closer to the TB outlook than most. Just the way I roll... :)

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

So what's your point? I don't get attached to any player as I know they are in this for money. We as fans spend our own money, go to games, get upset over losses but for players it is business. So I don't care what Revis did or what he will do in the future. I only care about the Jets and the Green and White uniform. Everything else is secondary.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That last sentence of yours is right on the money for where my head is at. I want to see what we are made of. If we can hang with the best teams in the AFC. The Patriots are the crop of our conference right now so going in there and beating them would be an amazing starting point for our run to the postseason. Yes; if we beat New England my expectations for this team are to make the playoffs and compete.

8. TB4XSBC

TB4XSBC Trolls

Just pointing out that Patriots legend Darrelle Revis had no qualms about playing here and has had nothing but nice things to say about the organization.

9. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Is he for sure being activated? It sounds like the Jets are activating Ridley for this game.

10. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

$$$ talks. He didn't mind saying your team team cheats either.

11. Brook!

Jets are truly a feel good story this season. Not saying we will but IF we win the Superbowl look at the story lines.

A journeyman QB in Fitzy,
    An overlooked beast in Ivory
    A WR who had to deal with mental issues in his past in Marshall
    A HC who hails from the ghettos of New Jersey only to bring a championship to the team that is in the shadows of Giants.

Man I hope it happens. Hollywood will definitely come up with a good movie about this season if we win.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  12. TB4XSBC

TB4XSBC Trolls

It's very probable that he plays, but he will likely be limited in his first game back. They cut a player yesterday to make room for him.

Big Cat likes this.
  13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont know. maybe he gets better over time. but its pretty clear he has sucked so far this year, and is their worst player in that secondary

14. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Lmao. Yeah, after the way the Patriots treated Revis and his mom this off season why wouldn't he just say the nicest things?

FlaJet likes this.
  15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This isn't a must win game, but it's pretty big and a huge test to see exactly where we are for this season. We NEVER ever have good fortune up there (minus the divisional game in 2010). Last time we beat them up there in the regular season was with Favre...

Can Fitz rise to the occasion? Can Ivory pound the shit out of them like he has other teams? Can our defense contain Gronk, Eddleman, and Lewis?

Play our game, control the tempo, get after that fucking pansy Brady, make his day hell, and we have a good chance. We'd be tied for first in the division.. But this Pats team looks lethal. They put up a lot of points.. Our D has to get some take aways that result in points for the green and white. Just win, baby.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I think we'd have the #1 spot by beating the Pats**** even with both being 5-1. We'd have the tie breaker...for now.

The Dark Knight and Jets Esq. like this.
  18. jerseyjay14

this game will be close unless we fall behind early. then i can see them running it up on us.

we get down 10 or 14 points early and it could be a blowout. if they make us 1 dimensional and make fitz come from behind we wont be very successful. our D should be good, but if we get turnovers lie our WRS fumbling last week or special teams gives up or sets up a score for them and they will likely capitalize on those things.

but if we dont turn it over it should be close, and winnable. our dline has to start winning matchups in the passing game

19. jerseyjay14

yea i agree with you on this one... which is why although we did need a deep threat i though we should be looking at guys who could make people miss and take short passes a long way. moreso then just a deep downfield guy. we needed more of a desean jackson

20. jerseyjay14

it really doesnt matter if you run your mouth and thump your chest or take a more reserved business like approach. all that matters is execution.

you can say rexs teams played on emotion and played stupid and you "cant do that against belicheck" but the results speak for themselves. anyone here would sign up a second to have the same success vs the pats under bowles that rex did.

Under Rex:

2009: 1-1 vs the pats
    2010: 2-1 vs the pats -> includes playoff win @new england
    2011: 0-2 vs the pats
    2012: 0-2 (overtime loss @ NE)
    2013: 1-1 (3 point loss @ NE)
    2014: 0-2 (with a horrible jets team, both games decided by 2 points or less)

4-9 vs the pats including a playoff win on the road and some close game the past couple years when our team sucked. no to mention holding the pats under 20 points in nearly half those games.

its a losing record vs them, but mostly because they had vastly superior teams most of those games, and during that span not many teams fared better vs the pats then we did