Sheldon Richardson guarantees a Jets win at Patriots..... Here We Go!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrankieGN, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Until he gets hard.

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

no, it doesn't hurt anything but your sensitive ass feelings. Bulletin board fodder? This isn't high school man

grow up

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The very definition of indecision...

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Whatever. Thanks for the lessons, oh wise master! ROFLMAO

For the record, it has nothing to do with my "feelings" or being sensitive. I can't stand low-class, cretin-like behavior from anyone, but especially from players on a team I'm rooting for. With Richardson's off season and his showing what a dumbass he is, he needs to keep his mouth shut and let his play on the field speak for him. He needs to grow up. After re-reading the article when I'm more awake, I see that what he said wasn't really bad at all, but he would be better served by just saying "no comment." The days of brash, trash talking and boorish behavior are over with this team. If that's what you like, then you need to go root for Rex and the Bills.

#124 NCJetsfan, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    joe likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I disagree. I think "trash talking" is low class and for cretins. Either you can play and do your job or you can't. What's with the need to run one's mouth and act like a punk? IMO players should do their jobs and keep their effing mouths closed.

I love SR's play on the field, but lost a LOT of respect for him with the off season events. IMO he needs to keep his mouth closed, be non-controversial, do his job, and be a model citizen to regain the team's trust.

6. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

He didn't read the article and neither did the anyone else apparently.
    Step one - read only dishonest headline, become incensed.
    Step two - make post on internet board with same misleading headline.
    Step three - sit back and watch how others become incredulous at misleading headline.

All while nobody could be bothered to read at the very least his quote.

7. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

8. Geno007

To be honest I think he just doing it for attention.

9. Cman68

He's doing what Kris Kardashian is telling him to do. Then cashing the checks. All of that shit is scripted. Until Caitlyn cuts the dick off, he's a drag queen. Nothing more, nothing less.

10. Geno007

Didn't he say in the ESPN interview? He wasn't getting the sex change? I watch like 3min of it before I turned it. I believe he said that. I could be wrong.

11. Cman68

Then he's a fake just like all the other Kardashians. If he truly wanted to be a woman, he'd really BECOME a woman and have the sex reassignment surgery. Then to state publicly that he's NOT gay but wants to date, this guy is so full of shit there's not enough landfill in Staten Island to handle it. Its not like he doesn't have the cash, just doesn't have the "balls".

12. Geno007

I agree. But like you said he going to keep cashing those checks.

13. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Yeah totally correct. I did not even read the article/quote and commented on it like an idiot (terrible posting on my part). Richardson was telling it like it is.

greaser likes this.
  14. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from and by no means do I wish to endorse SR's extracurricular activities like those that got him suspended. That was stupid and I couldn't agree with you more about losing respect for him. OTOH, some of the most memorable moments in sports history come from what we call trash talking today, such as Namath guaranteeing victory in SB3. That is perhaps the quintessential example of trash talking. But this made me realize something that I hadn't thought about in quite some time: for me there is being confident verbally and then there is trash talking. But EVERY TIME a player says anything that sounds confident nowadays it gets labelled as trash talking. I've come to accept this as a matter of course, but I think this is why I accept some of this so-called trash talking and you object to it. I suspect that what we are talking about are perhaps slightly different things.

After all, if you look at what SR actually said, it really is implying that the if the Jets play their game then they absolutely have the talent to beat the Patriots. Is that expressing your confidence or is it trash talking? Or is it just semantics today where EVERYTHING like this said gets labelled as trash talking?

I don't know if I've done a great job of describing this phenomenon, but I can't be the only person who feels this way?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How can moderators not have banned your fake fucking ass long ago? It boggle mind.

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Ouch...

I think?

Should've kept on reading, I posted that before everything was put into context and I admitted my error.

So, please, aim your uneducated insults at someone who may actually give a fuck.

17. Geno007

Maybe I don't attack people like you do and some others. I don't come on here to be little people. Stop doing dumb shit like that and maybe you will stop getting ban.

18. NCJetsfan

I agree, there is a difference between the two. In this instance, I agree that it sounds more like confidence rather than trash talking, but if I'm not mistaken, SR has been guilty of trash talking before.

I think Namath's prediction was brash and cocky, but it was confidence.

Trash talking to me is when players say something to get the other upset and distracted be it in jest or serious, or make a put down or statement like, "I'm gonna beat you today like a runaway dog." or "You're no good and I'm gonna embarrass you. " or "I'm gonna hit you so hard you'll wish you were never born."

Of course cretins in the media are going to lump them together if it suits their objectives to stir up controversy and sensationalize in order to sell papers or advertising.

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

How on earth can anyone attack him for saying, "we will win if we execute." What's he supposed to say, if we execute we will still lose? It's not like Bellicheck and Brady need any billboard material to get pumped to beat the Jets. As long as Richardson comes out fired up and executes on the field (rather then the highway) I don't care what he says.

20. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Leave it up to our shitmedia and crybaby fanbase to piss off its best player/s. And then you wonder why no QB wants to deal with this dumpster of a franchise.