Sheldon Richardson guarantees a Jets win at Patriots..... Here We Go!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrankieGN, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let him talk.

This is football not underwater basket weaving. I just don't like when the entire team starts chirping or our head coach.

Aewhistory and socaljetfan like this.
  2. Falco21

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with what he's saying.

We will win Sunday if we execute and perform the way we should. We will end up the top dog of the AFC East.

I think this is more the media not fully quoting the entire sentence in their headlines

3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Big Mo is a more versatile player, has accomplished more to this point, and isn't a knuckle head. It's clear he should get the contract.

The question is do you keep Richardson for a few more years or trade him?
    What's his trade value currently, pre suspension decision Vs after?

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

someone post the link. i never trust the headlines, need to see the quote in its entirety

quick look, cimini nor the nydn have anything on it, guessing someone was quote mining

5. Falco21

Here is quoted what he said:

“This is going to be another win for us. We’ll let you all write the columns about validating wins and stuff like that. This is going to be another win in the win column if we go out there and execute and do what we’re supposed to do"

“We’re going to be up in the division, that’s how we’re going to look at it. We’re going to be the front-runners, that’s how we look at it.”

6. FJF

Doesn't sound too much like namath, wonder what the question was to get that answer. Probably asked him what the team mindset is going into this game. Pretty harmless imo

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Now Gilchrist said that preparing for Brady is the same as preparing for Kirk Cousins, meaning that you have to be intricate and prepared no matter your opponent.

Media is blowing it up like he compared the 2 QBs. It's gonna take a while for the preconception of any quote being shit talk to fade away. Fuck Rex. I want him out of my screen name.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  8. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I just watched Daniel Murphy hit 6 home runs in a row. There are two things that could result of Richardson's guarantee. We win. We lose. Only one or the other.

FlaJet likes this.
  9. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

No, we already have the result of his "guarantee". This thread.

Whether we win or lose will be determined by how they show up on the field Sunday. Nothing else matters. Certainly not this quote.

FlaJet likes this.
  10. FrankieGN

FrankieGN New Member

if we do win...he can talk all he wants...i just hate it if we lose then we look like the old sexy rexy team talking shit!

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Same. I just don't understand the point of saying it. Don't get me wrong, I want him to feel that way. I really do. Confidence is everything in competition. But, why say it to the media? I'll just never get it.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

"This is going to be another win in the win column if we got out there and execute and do what we’re supposed to do,” Richardson told Metro.

Well, he's right. What's the problem?

SonofDinger likes this.
  13. FJF

its what they do, thats why brandon marshall waited to weigh in on geno till he was on national tv where everyone could see him talk and know the context. the ny quote miners just need you to say words, they will make them sound the way they need to to get clicks.
    never forget dustin keller when asked what the circus was in ny. his response, the media is the circus around the nyj. espn's headline: keller calls jets a circus.

14. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Media hype bullsh^t - Richardson never mentioned the word 'Guarantee' in any thing he stated...

“This is going to be another win for us. We’ll let you all write the columns about validating wins and stuff like that. This is going to be another win in the win column if we got out there and execute and do what we’re supposed to do,” Richardson told Metro.

“We’re going to be up in the division, that’s how we’re going to look at it. We’re going to be the front-runners, that’s how we look at it.”

Richardson made his season debut last week after serving a four-game suspension handed down by the league. He recorded three tackles and half-a-sack in a win over the Washington Redskins.

He will be counted on heavily in this game to get in the backfield and pressure Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. His task might be made easier with the injuries that have hit the Patriots, in particular on the offensive line.

“We stack up well but they always find a way when they’re not stacked up well to find a way to win anyway,” Richardson said. “Them losing a left tackle, it doesn’t end up being another void because they pull out another win.”

socaljetfan likes this.
  15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The media would be doing it anyway. Rex just made it easy for them. That's one legacy that TB can do without. Good move moving on from Rex tho :)

TB is learning who the special need guys are tho....cough cough Cro, Sheldon. Don't make it easy for these rats in the media

SonofDinger likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can make that happen..

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's the whole thing about 'talkers,' they're generally not winners because their actions cannot backup their outlandish claims.

Regardless of how he said it, he said it and needs to realize the media is completely fine with turning the headline into "Richardson guarantees Jets win," because those are the words that came out of his mouth. I tend to agree with you. It wasn't volatile. But the NFL or maybe teams need to send these guys to classes or seminars on how what they say is always going to be spun into something else. It keeps the media alive.

18. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Cman I may need you to make that name change happen. Give me a day to brew something up.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hit me up when you're ready.

jxc and RexontheBeach like this.
  20. FJF

except those are not the words that came out of his mouth. there was nothing wrong with what he said, it is just getting twisted because of the opponent this week.

FlaJet likes this.