Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

True, the Royals are winning it the right way.

All this talk about the Blue Jays, but to me the Royals are the team to beat...Last year's experience has helped that team so much and Mad Bum is not there to take it away this time.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

1-0! 3 more to go!!!

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Thats all well and good for them to have that mindset. I probably would too if I in their shoes. And the series isnt over by a longshot. But I think they will soon realize that Noah isnt Jaime Garcia who they Cards ran out there in Game 2 and deGrom isnt a rundown version of Michael Wacha who got the Game 3 nod.

Cards were a very different version of the team that won 100 games this year.

Not taking away from what the Cubbies did to them , but if we're going by that mindset we're gonna win this series too because we beat LA in Game 1 last series.

Tough to compare a 5 game set to a 7 game set too. Mets have the deepest starting pitching left by far. In 7 game sets that usually makes the difference.

Brook! and Red Menace like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yep. Wright and Cespedes (and definitely Duda) need to start making contact or at least working pitch counts...... quit swinging for the fences, and keep innings alive with guys on base / scoring position.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm surprised about Wright because when he came back from his injury and was inserted into the lineup he started hitting. And the old theory about at least part of his regression was that there weren't enough bats in the lineup and they could pitch around him. But I don't know about batting him second in the lineup. Esp. if Murphy is hot and hitting Hrs. It seems to be one of the reasons Murphy's Hrs are solo home runs. Maybe switch him in the lineup with someone like Flores.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have been saying the same thing, Wright is not a table setter, Flores or Lagares should be at the 2 spot.

This line up was hitting before David wright got into the lineup, I had a feeling that he would disrupt the chemistry of this line up.

People are too enamored with this guys past and not what he has become, a one dimensional hitter.

My line up would be:

Granderson
    Lagares
    Murphy
    Wright
    Cespedes
    Duda
    Darnaud
    Flores

I honestly don't trust Terry Collins, the pitching and Murphy is the only thing saving this team from his poor ability to manage.

#4426 Red Menace, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The way Lagares has been hitting I think he would be perfect to go back up to the 2 spot (against lefties), and in that case I would continue to sit Duda unless he breaks out against the righties first.

Granderson
    Lagares
    Murphy
    Cespedes
    Wright
    Darnaud
    Cuddyear
    Flores

However, I still would not be playing Lagares over Conforto against the righties which we will be seeing more of. I don't think I would bat him second, I would move Cespedes back up to the 2 spot (which TC has hit him in) in front of Murphy.

Granderson
    Cespedes
    Murphy
    Wright
    Conforto
    Darnaud
    Duda
    Flores

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

I forgot about Conforto, nice point. I would also consider elevating Darnaud ahead of Wright.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Cubs are damn good and their fans have just as much reason to believe they can win this series as we do. I expected them to beat the Cards who were injured and not the same team at the end of the year.

That being said, our staff is incredible and if they are at their best the Cubs don't stand a chance.

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Tough spot for TC with Wright. He's trying to get him going. Wright has had some moments, and he's basically worshipped in Metsville as the 'Captain'[not by me]. His presence along with the trades contributed to the surge in August also.

All these guys have ups downs and you just don't over react and change what got you here. But it's time now to consider moving him, way down the lineup. If the move had been made sooner it would've been a distraction. Terry has averted distractions from over reactions to crisis masterfully

Legares had great game last night and I like the Lefty/Righty matchups that TC uses. Our lineup is better that way. It's strengthens the bench, and matchups as the game progresses

You have to consider you're team D, and your team speed

If Cespy wasn't in LF that run would've scored. There's only a couple of guys that would've scored on that SF like Lagares

Conforto is gonna play plenty. He's just not gonna play against certain LHP's

This is the stuff that got you here. Where up 1-0 in the NLCS. Terry's moves have been Golden the whole fkn way....He's knows what he's doing. The game was won...things went beautifully.

The other team is there for a reason. They're good too

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Walt White

Tough one tonite against an excellent team, with a top pitcher and mgr., that are against the ropes

Break some bats Thor!

Gary, Keith and Ronnie went over the Wright thing on SNY in the pregame....

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What a dandy matchup tonight

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Geez I'm exhausted from the game today. Can't wait to go nuts again tonite :D

_

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THHOORRRRRRR!!!!!!

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Way to have our back! Pedro.

Love him lifting up the hammer and yelling THOOOOORRR. Classic

16. Red Menace

What was the gist of the their Wright comments? I did not see it.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I've seen him get this hot before but not like this.

18. Walt White

Lotta stuff...But nobody's blaming Terry for keeping him there tho. It's what got them here.

But everyone agrees that if it continues it's an issue...even Wright

As I right there goes a double!!

btw, that's how this team's gonna win....what just happened there.

They've also gone over how Murphy has changed as a hitter...even Sandy has

Red Menace likes this.
  19. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Is Murphy even trying?

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The Mets are a confident team. I'm getting a special feeling about them . . .