Trap game vs Redskins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjets2sb, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I agree but I don't think it going to matter. There front 7 is very good.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Trap to me implies looking ahead to the game after Wash. Some players might not be focused or are never focused. Gotta agree that Bowles will compare this Washington team to one of best in the league (of course they are not). They got a win against a team that beat us (without our best players). So to me it will be a gutsy win where we might be trailing in first half.

lots of teams just suck after a 2 week layoff so it will be another test for Bowles

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

There's too much parity in the NFL for there to be true "trap" games. Plus, as someone else said here earlier, we're not good enough yet to have them. Philly took it to us, and Washington can too. We sure could lose this game. However, I'm confident in Todd Bowles with two weeks to prepare, and I like the energy Sheldon's return will bring. Also, the crowd should be lively after two weeks of not seeing the team. I don't see Washington scoring enough points to beat us, unless there's some crazy turnovers, punt returns etc. That's unlikely to happen again.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I've never compared who they beat vs who we beat. That's irrelevant. I just don't think they deserve as much praise for being 'great' as they are receiving. On neutral field, Green Bay and Arizona would be favorites over New England

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

geez...stop with the nonsense. trap games, pure garbage. if you prepare there is no such thing.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that Kirk Cousins is going to have a game he will dream about against our D. And you know what kind of dreams I am talking about. This is a good team. Sure they need a better QB. That guy does not exist on their roster. I think they will make the playoffs,if they improve their special teams play. If they do not, that "will" is just a "might."

#46 jdon, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Br4d likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Injuries will probably tell the tale for the Jets this year. If they can stay relatively healthy they'll be ok. If they lose Ivory or Marshall or Fitzpatrick the season will probably settle in at 7-9/8-8.

The OL has had one injury so far, which is what was expected out of 4 post-prime vets. Hopefully Colon was the sacrifice to probability.

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Kirk going to be a good QB. He doesn't have much starts under his belt. I think the Jets should win this game but all I'm saying it not going to be as easy as some think.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Trap Game? The Redskins are good solid team that we play well we can win. They are not a roll-over team and after losing to Philly this team does not give them their full attention we have to rethink the good feelings we are having towards this team.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

You know, I have only seen him play two games and in both he was an INT machine. I know that is not enough of a sample size for me. I was defending Geno into Year Two.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah Rex would have them looking past Washington (slap dick team) and focused on the Patriots. Only problem is that if you look past Washington and lose to the Pats they go 0-2. I'd rather us win the winnable games as there are enough for us to go to the playoffs with. I won't be upset that they are 4-2 after losing the the Patriots.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Short answer, no.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's 1-5 I believe

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hopefully we don't prepare like Rex teams after a bye week.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol. i'm curious to know what he thinks a trap game is.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's a bad qb, I don't think he's really better than rg3 but he's more coachable

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Green Bay yes, Arizona I'm not so sure.

But more to the point, I was not arguing who's better so much as the "much" better contention, that is I don't think anyone at this stage of the season is 'much' better than NE.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, we will see. He has them coming back Monday which is actually a day earlier than normal and should allow plenty of time. We will see if they are ready or not by game time.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I kinda don't think anybody has really separated themselves.

#59 zace, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Philly was the trap game IMO. Coming off big win at Indy, 2-0 v 0-2, DeMarco out, at home before divisional game in London. We came out really flat and paid the price. Hopefully, we've learned from that experience and will show up energized and ready to play.

abyzmul likes this.