Week 6: Washington Redskins at New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

They tackled Sproules properly.

If we can cut down the penalties and not regress in our tackling again........I think we can head to NE with 4-1.

Looking at the Pats schedule........we might be the team most able to stop them going perfect thru October!

2. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

More likely the entire year. The way that offense is clicking reminds me way to much of the perfect season.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the week 7 thread which I hope will be subtitled "How the fudge do we stop Gronk?"

4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like TB likes the white jersey at home, I guess it's his call. But we had that against Filthy too :confused: with white shoes too, no?

I like the white jersey at home tho. They looked great in their uni's vs Filthy...but played like shit...

Anyway, lol, I like the white at home and the subtle changes they made. I hope they keep doing this, and maybe some other changes too

I read somewhere the white jersey thing at home stops after the Redskins game. I have a feeling they will wear the green pants as they are 3-0 wearing them and they may be superstitious LOL...
    I can't see them coming out flat especially after what happened with the Eagles game......this should be a win going into Foxboro.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say Jets 34 Redskins 17,Cousins throws 2 ints and has a fumble and Devin Smith scores his first TD

Walt White likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Any Jets fan who thinks we could lose to the 'Skins needs to have their testosterone levels checked.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Effective immediately, Daniel Snyder has agreed to change to name of his Washington Redskins to remove the offensive portion of the team's name. Starting today, they will be known as the 'Redskins'

9. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I don't think the Redskins will let Ivory run wild like the Dolphins. Fitzpatrick is going to have to win the game. I can't say I'm confident that will happen.

The D will step up and do their part

I say Jets win ugly 13 - 3 or 17 - 10

Cman68 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Look, I get it, the Pats are great. But, way, way, way, way, way, way, way too many people are talking about them going 16-0. Yeah, they have somewhat of a cream puff schedule. Yeah, they are going to win a shit load of games. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

They still haven't played 25% of their games and people really didn't start talking this way until they put up 51 on the fucking Jags of all teams. It's early. Let's not suck them off until we absolutely have to (or in this case, until it actually makes sense). Deal? One bad day, and posts like this look silly.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're vastly underrating their defense unless you're figuring we get a couple defensive scores in there. They have a very good front 7 and play a bend but don't break strategy on the backend that doesn't have great talent.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They have no one to cover Marshall or Decker or Smith. Haha. If they do test Fitzpatrick and he is on, a 34-17 score is very possible. (Well, I am not sure how the Skins score 17.) :D

13. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Our boys will be coming off a full seven day rest with no practice. THAT gives me some trepidation about calling a Jets win. Historically, they seem to tank after a bye week.

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this would be true if fitz didnt always throw to his first read, irrespective of coverage

15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how Brandon Schreff has been playing. Could be fun to see him facing off against the Big Cat

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

he is completing 61% of them so it seems nobody else has caught on.

ajax likes this.
  17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

teams havent done a great job of taking away our ptimary read. thats why i dont get people getting on gaileys play calling, there is usually a guy running free in the secondary ... but if the open man is not the guy fitz identified pre-snap, then he doesnt get the ball. hence the habitual throws into double coverage

abyzmul likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is exactly right and will be the blueprint against the Jets for the rest of the season. They will try to slow the run, take away second and short, blanket Marshall, and put the pressure on Fitz to make plays by passing under pressure.
    Not having a third WR or TE that can catch and be a legitimate open threat will be to our disadvantage moving forward. Attempting the long bomb under Fitz is not the answer either.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that NE will exploit that to the max. And against them, we will probably be in a catch up mode which is a double whammy against Fitz.
    Gailey needs to balance the game by forcing the opposition to really respect the pass. Accurate screens, more quick throws to the middle, even some reverses. The OL will be key, and Fitz will have to step it up some.
    I like our chances against the skins, but against NE, well that's a different story, and will require no mistakes, and almost flawless execution. Not only we would have to beat the Pats on their cheating turf, but we would have to overcome the refs as well.

RochesterJet likes this.
  19. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

He's been up and down but has played well against top competition. Their tackles is the issue. Trent Williams is good but they lost their other one for the season I think and the replacements are suspect at best.

Their front 7 is underrated and solid. Their CBs are suspect, even when Hall is healthy. Problem is, Im not sold on Fitz ability to take advantage of their weakness. This is a game where we could use a back in the passing game because, while they get a solid pass rush, their LB's aren't the fastest.

On defense, we need to stop the run. That kid Matt Jones is really good and, if it weren't for fumbles, he'd have Alfred Morris' job. We should be able to get push up the middle. As long as we don't have mental lapses are far as tackling is concerned, we should be good. Gang tackle and strip strip strip when it comes to Jones. If we stop the run and Cromartie does his fuckin job, we should be able to expose Cousins and make him look like an aunt. He's incredibly robotic and makes stupid mistakes when things break down and don't go as planned. Bowles should give him multiple looks and make him panic.

ajax likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Luckily the game is at home, against a team coming off a road game, playing another road game. Even if the Jets come out flat, hopefully they can get back on track pretty quick.

greaser likes this.