First Quarter Grandes - Todd Bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 5, 2015.

?

How would you grade the performance of the season so far for Head Coach Todd Bowles?

1. A

63 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. B

44 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I'ma give him a B+ and close to an A- if not for the Eagles game.

But doesn't it feel good to have a guy who pays close attention to detail? Who seemingly has a great game plan to beat opponents? This defense seems to be in proper position more times then not and that's the thing I see the most out of Bowles. So far, so good.

jxc likes this.
  2. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

Among other things, I am encouraged by the coaching staff's ability to adjust after halftime. Under Rex, I rarely saw it.

3. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I gave him an A, but the special tams needs to be fixed. Hopefully the team finds another punter over the bye week.

TNJet likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

First Quarter A.

Let's see how the rest of the season goes. The Jets have a pattycake schedule with 6 easy opponents left and 6 tough ones. If they can win 2 of the 6 tough games they're going to the playoffs.

5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'm giving Bowles an A because when he and Mac were first brought on board I thought an 8-8 season would be a major step forward and a stepping stone into next season. He (they) have surpassed my expectations so far.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

In theory that makes sense but you know historically they will lose 1 or 2 of those easy games. We also are playing the NFC East........not good for Jets historical purposes . I THINK they'll handle the Redskins but I also thought they'd whip the Eagles. Dallas will have Romo and Bryant back in December and the Giants looked pretty bad a couple of weeks ago but have turned it around......also a trip to Oakland coming up soon. Again historically not a good thing....

johnny likes this.
  7. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I think Todd Bowles himself, Would give himself a B+ so I'll go with that. As we've heard already from a few of his press conferences, He would be the first one to tell you that they really need to improve in some areas. It's my hope that by the end of the season we going to find we have an A+ coach who really gets how to run a football team.
    I bet you a million bucks, old man
    Ross down in Miami, is kicking himself in the butt for letting TB get away

8. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

B+ I like what he does on and off the field. But that last challenge flag he threw, he needs to work on that.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Gonna say B .....To many penaltys and the Eagles game has to be accounted for.Can't just be a blind homer.This game against the Pats coming up in a few weeks is gonna be big....I think we are gonna both be 4-1 going into that game with the Pats losing to Dallas or the Colts

johnny likes this.
  10. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I understand your concerns regarding the NFC East but keep in mind- vs. the Beagles- we played w/o Decker & Chris "THE MVP" (The Most Violent Player) Ivory !!

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

He makes adjustments during the game.
    You can do that?

TNJet likes this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That's scary good. 3 more and he'll be tied with Rex Ryan's 21 consecutive 3rd down stops (2010). Hard to be believe this D could be as good as '10 but it looking up.

13. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Grade of A- considering where this team was last year...there are still some head scratcher moments, but overall the team seems much better run. Some of our deficiencies are just going to take another year's draft and free agency to tighten up I think, but with what Bowles has to work with, I think he's putting the best pieces in the best places to succeed in most cases. As most others have mentioned, special teams needs some work, and penalties need to be reduced.

Ghost50 likes this.
  14. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

I give him an A. if you think about it, mostly everyone on the field is playing to the level of their expectations, and some are exceeding them. This is the most well rounded team we've had in a while.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

wow. that's impressive.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'd give him a B+. He doesn't get an A because we fell for the trap game. Eagles are fucking awful and to lose because of bad gameplanning pisses me off.

With the talent we have and the quality of teams we've played, we should be 4-0.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OMG, so now the Eagles game was "bad game planning." ROFLMAO!!! Some of you guys are too damned much!

Red Menace and Kerley Shuffle like this.
  18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I voted B, but it would really be a B+ (People, ALWAYS opt for a more detailed grading scale when creating a poll, or grading anything, for that matter - the more information and context, the better)

19. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Anything above a B is blatant homerism. We should be 4-0, and were not ready to play the Eagles. It was a necessary evil for Bowles to learn on the job, and I hope we don't see any repeats. But I don't see how anybody could overlook that game and give him an A. Now lets hope its all A the rest of the way, and I think the team will be ready to maul Washington when Richardson returns.

20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member