Bears having a fire sale?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BZanZ, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laugh, had to double check the posting date of this thread....

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Bears were crazy enough to trade Matt Forte he'd be the guy to go get. It would probably cost the Jets their 1st or maybe with some luck 2nd next year so it would be a huge value to give up for a 29 year old RB.

If Chris Ivory gets hurt this year the Jets are going to lose a lot of games. They need a running game in order for either of the QB's on the roster to have a chance and without Ivory they don't have that.

This Jets team is sitting right in the middle of a sudden window of opportunity. It doesn't have better prospects down the road than the ones sitting right in front of it right now. Too many important players are post-prime and there's no QB for the franchise to coalesce around before people like Mangold, D'Brick, Revis, Marshall and Harris age out.

Jonathan_Vilma and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

No one is going to give the Bears a 1st Rd pick for a 29 yr old running back with a lot of mileage on his legs. Bennett is the guy I would target.

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

LMFAO

5. PennyRoyal10

holy shit, so good...

6. PennyRoyal10

Those C cups are outstanding...

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Forte has been used fairly carefully by the Bears. He's getting 275-ish carries a year not 310. I agree that a 1st round pick is a huge price to pay but the Bears aren't going to trade him for a 3rd round pick. There's just no point in trading your most marketable player even in a spike season unless you have an incentive to do it.

He does have 1,876 carries in his career and he probably isn't good for more than 2,400 or so overall.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ok but what kind of bag of dicks? Is it like a plastic bag with a bunch of little dicks smooshed together like chicken livers? Is it like a paper bag with big dicks sticking out like French baguettes? Is each dick wrapped individually like a cheesestring? We need specifics man.

JetBlue likes this.
  9. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

TYVM! I admire that--it is hard to walk away before you absolutely must. I'm surprised at how little interest he was getting, but that seems to happen to some players while others manage to cling to life support far beyond their time. I've never done any checking on this or anything, but it seems to me that LBers tend to age out fairly quickly and once they lose a step no one wants them. I only say this because players like Urlacher and Polamalu are, in theory, as good as many of our LBers have been in recent years but with more experience. So why keep someone like Pace and not look at other options? It isn't upside, Pace doesn't have any. Perhaps Pace can play at a higher level today than a Polamalu or even Urlacher, but was that true even a few years ago when either might have been available?

I dunno, just sort of wondering really.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They can have Geno.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Aewhistory

Yea, I don't think I realized how little attention I've been paying. I started thinking about it after posting and after the 2013 season is when I stopped really paying much attention (long story). But I am glad I was able to bring some humor to the site. I think I might go back to sleep now..... will someone wake me when the Jets make the Super Bowl?

12. Aewhistory

French dickettes? Are those little French dicks? Is that redundant?

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Was all in good fun, think of it as an initiation of sorts :D

_

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac calling in B Marshall for Bears consultation

Brandon like the ones he can pitch a lateral to

15. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

It wasn't a question of interest from other teams, it was desire. At 35, he felt he was getting too old and too rundown to put in the effort that would have been required to latch on with a new team for a year, perhaps two. He might have bit the bullet for one last go around with the Bears.

“Although I could continue playing, I’m not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion[​IMG] that’s up to my standards. When considering this, along with the fact that I could retire after a 13-year career wearing only one jersey for such a storied franchise, my decision became pretty clear."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...acher-general-manager-phil-emery-chicago-bear

There was speculation that the Cowboys might try to lure him out of retirement a year later, but that didn't materialize. Now into his third year of retirement, it's pretty clear he's done.

Polamalu just retired this Spring. And was not a LB.

16. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

they do have Ridley coming back. He fumbles, but he he runs it well. Better than Stacy or Powell.

17. Aewhistory

Nice article, thanks! Really sums up what happened. Yea, it is clear he is done. Despite never playing for the Jets I always had something of a soft spot for him. He always struck me as a passionate, team first player who personified a sort of idealized "old time" type of athlete. I wish he had been a Jet....

Polamalu did play LB a few season ago, but you're right that isn't his natural position. I always seem to hear his name mentioned in relation to Harrison and Farrior and hadnt really thought about where he spent the bulk of his career (I think SS, right?).

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Geno, Winters and Walt Powell for Bennett and Slauson!

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lmfao @ the Urlacher thing.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trade them Geno for Martellus