All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Is that a good or a bad thing.LOL :eek:

2. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I would start Fitz too for this game, much as it pains me to say it. It'll take Geno some time to get back into playing shape and get his timing with his receivers down. If you start him and he has a bad game against Miami then everyone would be screaming for his head. The Bye week gives the jets a good opportunity to get him up to speed and give him an opportunity to get his timing down with his receivers. I would start him the week after the bye, give him starting QB reps for those 2 weeks and have him work closely with the receivers. The Jets are also playing bad teams for 3 of the next 4 weeks after the bye giving him a good chance to work his way back into the game.

hornblower likes this.
  3. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Agreed, unless Fitz has a great game this week. Win or lose, if Fitz has multiple turnovers and the offense struggles again, there is no justification to bring him back as the starter after the bye.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

there is no practice during the bye week. cba rules.

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Pretty spot on evaluation of Fitzpatrick against Philly.

And no there were no positive tweets to post.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Just who is Cian Fahey??? Never mind.
    Cian Fahey
    Cian Fahey writes a weekly NFL column for Balls.ie and covers the Cincinnati Bengals and more for Rantsports and the New England Patriots for Irishcentral. He also contextualizes statistics for FootballGuys. You can follow him on Twitter: @Cianaf

Very telling that he covers the pats. Not that he's wrong. Fitz did suck all being most of the team did as well.

rammagen likes this.
  7. DoubleDecker87

Very smart up and coming NFL writer. A good follow if you have Twitter.

8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

really? I highly doubt it rant sports has such great articles like 15 sons who has past their father greatness and Miami dolphin fans give 0 F&*&s about anything.....My favorite is the hottest female athletes serious writing in those articles

9. DoubleDecker87

Not sure where that guy got his info.. He writes for Bleacher Report and Football Outsiders. He might have wrote for rant before that but I have no idea.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thanks, for a second there I thought Chan Gailey was misspelling his own name on Twitter.

Big Cat, FlaJet and DoubleDecker87 like this.
  11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go bragging about bleacher report either up until about last year anyone could write for them as long as they had an internet connection

12. DoubleDecker87

No ones "bragging." But if they were you said it best in the bold part, very respected today.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, Fitz had some really bad throws in this game. No way around it. The first one killed me.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Whoever this guy is, he's either an idiot or is intentionally being deceptive. Fitzpatrick didn't exactly "miss a wide open receiver" on that first play, and it had nothing to do with his "process in the pocket". It was a delayed blitz and he couldn't step into the throw because he was drilled in the chest by Barwin as he was delivering the ball. I'm watching the play as I type this.

Kind of an important detail to leave out.
    BTW --- the next play was Sproles taking our punt to the house. An unfortunate turn of events for us.

The missed throw to Smith in the end zone was atrocious --- no doubt. But the very next play he bought time in the pocket under pressure and delivered a TD pass to Marshall to end the half.

On the deep post to Marshall, the ball did hang slightly behind him but the real reason it was incomplete was that Nolan Caroll had a hold of Marshall's left arm so he tried to grab it using only his right hand. PI should have been called on that play. Officials missed it.

The INT on the pass to Smith came a few plays later, and that was a terrible throw.

This guy has zero credibility IMO. Only tells part of the story.

#914 truthbtold, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    FlaJet and rammagen like this.
  15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fitz was inaccurate and missing wide open guys all game from the start....Also, how many times is he going to underthrow guys on the deep ball? Every other team in the NFL is getting these crazy long PI calls and Fitz isn't even giving us an opportunity for the DB to inevitably do something dumb with the ball in the air, nevermind a chance for our WR to actually making a play

16. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

That was NOT average QB play on Sunday. 3 INT's, tossed nearly 58 passes and didn't break 300 yards in the air, 62 rating and countless missed wide open receivers. Fitz was complete shit on Sunday. Ask any Bills fan and they'll tell you his inopportune INT's and inability to throw the ball deep make him infuriating to have as your QB.

The defense needs to re-examine themselves too, having one of the worst offense in the league put up 24 on you before the half is not the sign of an elite defensive unit.

17. impure

impure Well-Known Member

17*, Special teams let up 7.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

geno is losing games for us

fitz isnt winning games for us but his play will allow others to win them for us

petty would lose games for us. he is in way over his head. i think in 2 years maybe he can start to be introduced into the field of play. he is so far off in so many aspects i cant imagine anything but ablood bath if he played

rammagen and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  19. jerseyjay14

IK destroyed an 0-3 start. as geno would have cost us the first 2 games for sure.

geno smith is terrible. fitz is below average but we can at least win some games with him under center.

embarassment is starting geno and having us go 1-15

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. jerseyjay14

spot on in both cases.