Quincy Enunwa?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm can be hard to pull off online.

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

yeah, but he catches likehe out of three all year though. I think the Jets like his measurables and his extra effort. Hoping he will hang on to the passes at some point.

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Time for him to hit the waiver wire. Don't understand why he has a roster spot. Was terrible last year and still terrible this year. Must be married to some relation in the Jets org.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mixed results at best today for sure.
    but exactly what about him on the practice squad was terrible last year?

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He was alright today.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Kerley should have Enunwa's snaps back.

NYJalltheway and abyzmul like this.
  7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Q sucks.. he can't catch, he can't block (both were extremely evident today) and he's a liability.. Fuck him. We missed Owusu and Decker badly. YES, OWUSU!

8. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Both Enunwa and Smith did ok today.....

jxc likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

just curious, not picking on you guys. but how can you guys say Enunwa was "alright" and "did ok"? what are those statements based on?

ignoring what he's done in previous games.. the type of player he is and everything. just simply Enunwa's play on the field TODAY. How can you possibly say it was not a poor performance? because im perplexed at those comments. I thought he looked bad and the guy who's job he was supposed to have taken made him look even shittier. Either he was invisible out there or he was making mistakes. That's the game I saw from him

10. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

He ended with 5 catches for 50 yards........ There's room for improvement, but it wasn't terrible

11. BrowningNagle

thanks for your response. Surprised to hear he had 5 catches. I watched the whole game and only remember one. Irregardless I thought he WAS terrible today. That's not saying he will always be terrible. you are right there's room for improvement. he can improve and not see the amount of snaps he's been seeing IMO

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Shows flashes but just too many drops so far... Not saying he should be cut, but Kerley deserves more of his snaps going forward

13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Had a nice catch over the middle but made some mistakes...He probably practices well and has a lot of tools that coaches like...But Kerley is a much better player when it matters...it's obvious

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

are we grading on a curve?

Cause he did about as well as expected of a TE/WR thats only played 3 professional football games… but not consistent enough to get the job done. had some crucial drops, maybe he's asked to do too much, but thems the breaks. with Amaro gone and Decker and Owusu hurt it was next man up, he only started showing up when it was too late.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He dropped 2 passes but it happens I won't kill him for it. He made some tough catches, like the diving grab, and the one handed grab that was thrown behind him, as well as the play where he dragged some defenders after another behind him throw.

jxc likes this.
  16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The fact that he was on the practice squad says he didn't exactly impress last year in TC. In other words, he was probably terrible but they kept him for some reason unrelated to his skill as a pass catcher. I will say this in his defense: 85% of the success of a WR depends on the QB throwing the ball. Enunwa, with P. Manning, could end up catching 90 balls and over 1000 yds. But on the Jets, if you're a WR, you have to show something special and I don't see that with him.

17. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

He's clearly got talent but he is too raw to be playing so many snaps. This offense is lacking a true tight end.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

but you really don't know,the last coaching staff was so good at spotting talent on the offense.
    so far i haven't seen anything to regret he was picked in the 6th round. still raw, made some mistakes and some plays. no reason to cut bait yet

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

how can you say he was terrible so definiteively when you admit you missed FOUR of his catches? hahahha come on dude......he wasn't good but he wasn't TERRIBLE

greenbeanz and jxc like this.
  20. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I actually think Enunwa is pretty solid. Definitely a bit too raw for the role he has been put into, but we don't have much of a choice. He'll learn as he goes.