All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

You take this shit too seriously man. Take a break from the keyboard

2. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Geno has 2 years of NFL experience. He was also outplaying Fitz in training camp and the last month of last season he played very well. It takes a while for a young QB to learn how to be an NFL quarterback. Most young QBs have a lot of turnovers their first two years - Peyton Manning had a huge number of turnovers his first two years, I guess the Colts should have given up on him. Also, you have to take into account that Geno had the worst receiving corps in the NFL for his first two years - any quarterback will force throws they shouldn't in that situation and a young quarterback even more so.

I don't know if Geno will play well if he's given the opportunity, but the simple fact of the matter is that no one else knows either. We don't know until they give him a shot and play him. He may stink up the place, but then again he may not. I personally doubt he'll throw 5 interceptions in three games.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually, you've been acting like a fool throughout this thread and he's right about you.

Take a break from breathing.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

There is so much stupidity in this post.

Geno throws the ball downfield but it always gets intercepted...Well, at least most of the time.

What is wrong with Pennington? At least Pennington could make the intermediary passes, and sure Fitzy can't make deep passes regularly but he can make the short passes. There were some poor decisions but at least he doesnt throw the fucking ball right intot he hand mitts of the defenders like Geno or Sanchez.

These 3 Ints were all great plays...

MiaJets305 likes this.
  5. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

Listen I understand everything you're saying but we all as Jets fans know what Fitz is.and isn't from facing him for many years when he was with the Bill's and we know he is very limited and when it comes to Geno he like Fitx is a turnover machine, does he have talent yes but he has no brain which in turn leads him to not be able to read defenses.
    Now you say Petty is a rookie and will make mistakes that might he true but when you're other 2 options at the position have made it a career in turning the ball over, Petty doesn't look that bad of an option just for the simple fact that the kid can be special. We know the other 2 have hit their ceilings......Geno really bro?

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

until we have another option besides geno smith fitzpatrick is and has to be the starter. period.

Geno makes no sense short term. since he is awful and gaurantees loses

Geno makes no sense longterm, since he has a super low ceiling as a player

rammagen and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

rammagen and MiaJets305 like this.
  8. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

Exactly....Geno is Futz with arm but no brain =same results. If we make a qb change imo it has to be Petty and see if the kid got it or not....the other 2 are a waiste and wont be here after the season

FlaJet likes this.
  9. jerseyjay14

no need to go to petty until we are out of it later in the season or fitz has liek 3 terrible sanchez like performances.

from what i seen of petty, he is years away. we still have a shot at the playoffs, until that changes he should sit imo

MiaJets305 likes this.
  10. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

Bro I totally respect where you're coming from but honestly and maybe I'm wrong but I think Petty is our best shot at the playoffs. Those other two aint winning us games unless the defense is.completely dominating which if that's the case Petty can also win those games. This is the one qb (Petty) that I think can handle coming in this early of all we drafted so far

11. jerseyjay14

petty is far off. like years away. he has a long way to go. he stares one guy down, he is too quick to scramble. he doesnt have much pocket presense. he panics. he too foten predetermines where he is going with the ball. i think he can play in the nffl, but i dont think that time is now.

i think he would be a trainwreck if he played now.

rammagen likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

obviously you haven't seen my 2015 madden season with Petty starting.

NY Jets68, FJF and jerseyjay14 like this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I agree with this. No reason to destroy the kid

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rammagen likes this.
  14. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

I don't think he is bro, really those two (Geno and Fitz) are not going to win us games the defense will and for that put in the kid who I was aposed to putting in but I really think he will make us better and will benefit from it....he can handle it, the good ones always can

15. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I guess my view here is that we don't know that Geno has hit his ceiling. I think its very premature to say a young QB who played two years and had some good play intermixed with bad play has hit his ceiling. Young QBs frequently have many turnovers, especially when they have bad receivers. If he hadn't had any good play then I'd say you're probably right, but for the last month of last season he was one of the better QBs in the NFL. Frankly, you may be right and he may have hit his ceiling and he'll never be more than an OK NFL backup QB. The point I'm making is that we just don't know until we see him play with this offense and these receivers.

I've never seen a veteran NFL QB throw into double and triple coverage as much as Fitz has, even Favre and Marino who were hall of fame QBs with absolute cannons for arms and were known for taking risks have not done it as anywhere near as frequently as Fitz does. It's amazing to me that he only has 5 interceptions through three games. He could have easily had twice as many. Since we know that Fitz is not the answer and he's made a lot of terrible decisions with the football for the first 3 weeks of this season, what have we got to lose by playing Geno?

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Nicely put but Geno hit his ceiling when he got punched out. Meaning he has continually showed lack of maturity and leadership. He will get his chance this year but I expect a continuation of old Geno.

rammagen likes this.
  17. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

This

18. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Fitzpatrick named starter in London. Get ready for another embarrassment. This guy IK, lb bum, possibly destroyed a possibly great season.

The longer we wait to get geno his reps, the worse it gets, the more frustrated the defense becomes.

Please, TB, give the job back to the starter. Put the backup back on the bench where he belongs.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

19. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Is that you Geno???

Big Blocker and rammagen like this.
  20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Geno wouldnt be caught rocking a MetroPCS phone.

All Gas No Shake likes this.