All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Don't forget post injuries Chad still won Comeback player of the Year TWICE, and a Division title for the Dolphins.

At his most limited, He was never as bad as this board played him out to be.

MiaJets305 and FlaJet like this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We have plenty of talent on offense, qb is the only real doubtful position. Everything else is more than passable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

And the year we dump him he lead the dullfish to the playoffs.

MiaJets305 likes this.
  4. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I have zero idea if Petty can ever be the answer for us at QB but I'm 100% confident Fitzpatrick can't. So by default, I say throw Petty to the wolves and let him take his lumps lol

MiaJets305 likes this.
  5. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Fitz doesn't take care of the ball. He's thrown 5 interceptions in 3 games and he could easily have 3 or 4 more. I don't know how you define "taking caring of the football", but as I define it that ain't it. He keeps throwing into double and triple coverage. He does get rid of the ball quickly and he does know the offense, but he's a limited QB and there's a reason he is where he is. He's an OK backup QB, but nothing more.

Geno during the last month of last season was not a turnover machine and this team has much better receivers than that one did. He's a young QB wih tremendous physical tools. Young QBs makes mistakes, especially young QBs with terrible receiving corps, and the question is does he learn from them. I though he made pretty good strides last year. He may not be the answer, but unless we play him we just don't know.

Section 336 likes this.
  6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

fitz sucks most of the time

geno just sucks

the search for a QB goes on

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick wishes he was Chad Pennington

MiaJets305 likes this.
  8. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

We where screwed when we went down 24-7..... Our supposed great D got gashed today.... As long as we don't put Fitz in situations where he has to throw deep he will be fine... The bigger concern today was the defense not being able to keep the Eagles out of the end zone......

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

but but but but but Fitz has a stronger arm than Chad.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Fitzpatrick is what he is.

Geno would have done no better with no running game and 1 wide receiver the other team needed to worry about.

Today was about the Jets missing their #1 RB and their #2 and #3 WR's at the same time. It was about a punt returned for a TD at a bad time. It was about a truly boneheaded play by a vet you'd have expected more of that led to 7 points for the Eagles and a 24-7 halftime lead. It was about a desperate Eagles team that went to their #2 RB and then opened holes for him all day long.

After you take all of that into account it was about Fitzpatrick not being able to get things going with many of his playmakers sidelined and a few bad breaks.

I can't even imagine what Geno would have done all day long with Brandon Marshall doubleteamed and the Jets rushing attack foundering anyway. It's not like his legs would have made the difference because Fitzpatrick uncharacteristically scrambled several times to good effect for the Jets. It just wasn't enough on a day when Ivory and Decker and Owusu were all out and several swing plays went against the Jets.

NYJetsO12, FlaJet and Cman68 like this.
  11. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Because Fitz couldn't throw for a fucking first down.

That's why our D was gassed!

12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Problem with Geno chucking it down the field is that it tends to come back up the field rapidly with 6 points attached to it.

Geno Smith is NOT the answer (unless the Question is "What do you call someone who makes you long for the Sanchize?")

13. cbman13

They where outplayed from the first series...... Don't even try to make excuses for them

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He wasn't inaccurate, he was just as accurate as he usually is, which is average. The first pick was not a great throw and the second one got tipped by a guy coming loose in the middle of the pocket. Those are going to happen when the Jets are down several scores and need to pass the ball.

Fitzpatrick is a game manager. There was no game to manage today. The Jets had no rushing attack to play action off of and several swing plays went against them. That just is what it is.

Any time that Fitzpatrick has to throw the ball 35+ times the Jets are in big trouble. He attempted 58 passes today because the Jets couldn't run and the bounces went against them big time.

58 passes. How did that happen? Where is the Jets depth at RB? Ivory is injury-prone and if he goes out for the year this team might go 4-12 again.

NYJetsO12 and FlaJet like this.
  15. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I don't know why you think Fitz will be fine. He threw 2 interceptions in the first 2 games and he keeps throwing into double and triple coverage. He could easily have thrown another 3 or 4 interceptions in those games. Fitz needs to learn to throw the ball to people other than Marshall and Decker, especially when they're open and he needs to stop throwing into double and triple coverage. If the jets keep getting 5 turnovers a game then Fitz could win those games (and probably a lot of other mediocre QBs could also).

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Only bitch here is the someone too stupid to know that all they have to do to save themself from looking like a complete dipshit by fabricating what they must have or have not said to dispute is to just push that simple "view user posts" button.

17. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

The D really only gave up 17 points. Plus Fitz just sucks. He should had been picked off 5 times in that game.

18. cbman13

Fine.... You guys are right... Let's throw in Geno

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The defense wasn't bad at all today. They only gave up 17 points 7 of which was gifted by a bogus call. The offense hasn't really been explosive at all, and Fitzpatrick is a major reason why. He doesn't have the arm to make defenses respect him and I suspect you'll see the same in London next week.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

20. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

I was totally against is at first but I would not mind Petty getting in there, the more interviews I see tye more I think he can handle it. I mean we have the defense.to make noise but aside from a rookie qb we have no one that can get under center that I have confidence in......kind of sad really