All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It was never a competition, they thought Geno was a good fit to run the system and Fitz was brought in to be the backup and to mentor Geno and provide a security in case we need it. I'd say the closet to a honest competition in the Rex era was 2013, when they were splitting reps equally between Geno and Sanchez.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's true and I think it's because not all of them know the offense well yet.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This is quite a post, a real advertisement for that fine piece of electronics of which you are so proud. You do realize you embarrass yourself further with each post, don't you? And then there is that thing where you believe there is some kind of importance to every toss in practice and that preseason games actually have meaning. Sheesh!

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You don't even know what electronic it is obviously. So go Google it then respond like 4 hours later after you have to take some time to think of a response. I know you're not the quickest of wits so take your time. We can slllllllllloooooooowwww dooooownnnnn for you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Fitz will show you why he is Fitz

6. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Thats a ridiculous statement. Sanchez played fine in those playoffs. He outplayed Brady in Foxboro. Fitz would have added nothing to that team. Doubtful he couldve pulled off 4 road wins.
    Sanchez is better than geno and way better than fitzpatrick. Lol

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

7. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Agreed. Settling for fitzpatrick without giving geno a chance is retarded.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The days of Trent Dilfer are over. Get the list of the last 10 Super Bowl winning teams and look at the qbs

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No the vaunted Rex defenses lost those games by giving up way too many points quickly.

10. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

The Jets don't have a qb. They have a depth of talent on both sides. If the Jets lucked out with one, they would have a run like Seattle.

11. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

So, you agree with me. The only difference fitz couldve made was negative.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well. I'm not gonna go crazy but I'm pleasantly surprised so far. He is a solid, methodical grinder type guy that is making us competitive. Quite frankly better than we have had in a while.
    SB? I don't know about that? That is a huge expectation for anyone so it is hard to argue. But forgive me if many of us feel than he has shown us more so far than Geno, particularly when it comes down to reading defenses, much better control of the game and offensive tempo. He might not have the "rifle arm" that so many here appear to think is the only answer, but he is sure as hell showing us some key things so far: able to score when we needed to and the ability not to loose the game for us. Much more than can be said for Geno's performance to date. Geno might be the answer, but the fact remains he has not shown us much of anything yet but bad common sense.
    IMHO Bryce is the Future, but for the near term is very, very hard to argue against Fitz based on his two game performance. Geno has a lot to prove, and if Fitz keeps on winning unfortunately he might not have any way to prove it this year, because his past body of work ain't nearly good enough to pull the plug on Fitz.

13. Ralebird

Actually some of us have jobs that require our attention rather than spending the day creating nonsensical nonsentences - or is that a defect in your instrument? Surprising as it may seem to you, you are the lowest of priorities.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I def don't think Sanchez is better than Geno. I think Geno has more upside but they're about even now honestly. Im not saying we lose with Fitzpatrick but I don't think we win because of him. He was just as turn over prone then as Sanchez was when he played.

15. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Fitzpatrick is not winning a SB.

zace likes this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yet you seem to keep replying. Lmao I work nights moron. Trust me, you couldn't do my job.

17. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

Lets not forget the common variable for sanchez and geno sucking. They both had garbage receivers. Sanchez, with weapons, won four playoff games on the road. Four playoff wins. A jet qb. In his first two years. Ponder that.
    our receiving core was an absolute joke for four years. It takes two to complete a pass.
    Geno has NEVER had these weapons. Do you not think that having open receivers will cause improvement? At least willing to try??

18. Ralebird

I certainly hope that job does not require creating lucid sentences. Have fun at work, sucker.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah but that defense was one of the greatest of all time. We are no where there yet in those conversations. Lets pipe down...We had the same talk in 2010 and 2011

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Shitty QB play with this defense equals hoping to lose out so we can get the number 1 pick.

No thank you.

Been there, done that.

_