All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You can only play the teams on your schedule.

Nobody cares about injuries or deficiencies on the Jets so I'm not giving any other team credit for their injuries or deficiencies.

_

hornblower and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Hey, this is not a season for evaluating players. Like Bowles said if we're 1-3 after 4 games maybe. But if the team is winning they'll go with the hand that's working. No more tryouts for Geno, he's had 30 starts. Unless Fitz is injured or ineffective. I have no problem bringing Geno into a game if the offense is stale after a half and seeing if he could jump start it. I like the idea of using your backup Qb as a relief pitcher if things aren't going well. And then going back to your starter the next week. Most teams don't do this but I think it's an idea that will eventually be more popular. Like for example with Sanchez in Philly. If Bradford is having a mediocre day or the Philly offense isn't moving the ball bring in a new guy to try to change things around. Plus the backup Qb isn't really contributing to a team even though some of them are making good money. If you do this then you have to give the backup more reps in practice. Some teams do. I think it's smart.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What are you 12 years old?

And nobody gives a crap about your Tapatalk and your SM-N910V-BS86. Get your mommy to help you take that off your posts.

5. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I don't think you understood what I was getting at with my post but that's okay, I agree with yours.

6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That true,but we have to look at that when judging this TEAM.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well when you can afford one outright then you can talk to me. Like I said mind yours retard.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are a Smith Fan. SMith Fans do not understand the game. You have no point.

This is about the team. Not taking chances on Smith ruining the season. You'd have to be crazy to put Smith in there. That or not know the game. or both.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

We are 2-0 with Fitz and Fitz is the starting QB until further notice. He is not the long term answer at QB, but he's our guy so long as we are winning. Fitz has a history of injuries so it is likely we will see Geno under center again this season, at which point everyone will scream for Petty. Then people will demand a trade for RGIII, then Cutler, then rinse and repeat.

hornblower likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The run was getting stuffed last night early on. If Fitzpatrick doesn't take a few shots down the field that trend would have continued. It looked bad but the Colts kept their safeties in a 2 deep zone most of the game after those shots.

The other thing is that Fitzpatrick is going to be at a disadvantage when the other team is playing a lot of zone. That's because there are a *lot* of eyes on him in that situation and he doesn't have a particularly good arm to drive balls into the holes and seams in the zone.

He did really well last night in my opinion. He made just enough deep throws to keep the Colts honest and he didn't force a lot of balls into layered coverage. That last drive was all money. If he can keep on doing that we've got our game manager as long as he can stay healthy.

Chad used to throw one deep ball a game before halftime to keep the other team honest. Same principle here. If you're throwing everything in the intermediate range and the safeties are up you're going to have problems.

hornblower, NYJetsO12 and Big Blocker like this.
  11. Faux machine

Was my post really not sarcastic enough?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So when I mention Fitz throwing into double and triple coverage at least 5 times last night, does that qualify as "picking his game apart"? Because that game could have easily flipped on its head if the cornerbacks who were in coverage weren't 3rd string scrubs.

13. JStokes

Judging them how?

Like in an ESPN Power Ranking?

You understand those rankings don't effect our playoff eligibility or seeding, right?

_

14. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

This team somewhat resembles the 49ers from a few years back when they had Alex Smith starting. While Alex Smith was the ultimate game manager, they knew the offense would be limited with him starting. Eventually they gave the starting role to Kapernick (unproven at the time) because he gave them the best chance to go far.

So far Fitz has looked OK. He hasn't played a top defense yet or been forced to play from behind so I'll reserve judgement. If he keeps this up, he should start.

hornblower and FJF like this.
  15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, it's only two games so I'm not saying anything is conclusive. But imo you can win with an average Qb if he is smart. And doesn't turn over the ball regularly. We'll see about Fitz who has been inconsistent during his career.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Is it ok to be happy about the win and still question the sustainability of what we saw last nite?
    I mean we probably won't see a worse secondary than that.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. JStokes

I agree with your views there. Totally.

Gailey needs to see that, Fitz needs to watch that on tape and correct it.

100%.

_

hornblower, Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit about power rankings. We have a lot more games to play and against some very good teams.

19. JStokes

Of course you can.

Our earlier conversation was about trying to draft a Mariota and having a guy to build around for a decade.

Fitz is our stop gap this year--he's not here more than 2 years tops.

That's not a sustainable model for consistently competing for the division crown.

Unless we struck gold in Petty, which I feel good about.

_

20. Faux machine

I think that's about where everyone who understands the game is right now. If our run game can't get going like it wasn't last night, asking Fitz to throw the ball that much is going to cost us games.

hornblower and FJF like this.