All we've been begging for is average QB play and folks are complaining?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Sep 21, 2015.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

That's the key to me. And when the Colts cut it to 3, he took us right down the field when he had to. You have to give him credit for that.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Fitz would be a lot more limited in that aspect.

3. JetsLife3

JetsLife3 Member

We have a decent team, and somehow many people's standards of our team sky-rocketed. How about we take it slow, and hope for a good play by our QBs? That should be a good start. We're 2-0 and we just beat a potential contender whose offense is supposed to be elite, AT their home.

And honestly, when we needed him to, Fitz led the offense to a TD, and put us in the position to win. Seriously, what gives?

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

and bad teams would have exploited geno.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The Colts were 15:1 to win the SB, the number 5 pick.

Maybe they aren't that good but looking at our schedule, what game were we more likely to lose than week 2 AT Indy?

Geez can we not take credit for a great win?

_

Freddy Mondo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Don't disagree.

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

He's exactly what we need right now,an excellent backup/stopgap QB.

Now that role has its limitations, and so does he. but we can give an adequate amount of credit for some of the offenses effectiveness without calling him great or an answer to our long term woes.

Our offensive success will mostly be related to outside talent like Ivory, Marshall, and Decker and how Gaily makes the pieces work. Fitzpatrick is kind of a neutral element with relatively quick decision making that can operate about as well as the talent around him gives him. give him our 2013 set and watch him flop, make him face an elite D he'll struggle, but we can make due with what he's given for the time being especially with pass protection firing on all cylinders.

And thats all we want him to be. Once again, he's an excellent backup, what more do ya want?

Brook! likes this.
  8. JStokes

If we don't go 22-0 folks are going to be pissed.

_

9. jerseyjay14

if sanchez or matt simms had the game fitz just had people here would be calling them "winners" and comparing them to the leagues best players.

ajax likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I love how all you on this board convienetly forget the fact that this is a completely different team. Youre singing the praises of Fitz like hes better, but we didnt have Marshall last season, or a defense that played lights out Decker was hobbled most the season, Kerley missed games, Its Amazing that when they all get back and healthy, we looked like a decent team at the end of the season.

11. jerseyjay14

it doesnt matter who we had. when you throw the ball to the other team and are reckless in your own end you are always going to suck. Geno would suck with pro bowlers around him. he is terrible and that wont change

Big Blocker likes this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No we really are a very good team. Our QB limits us

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Except during the offseason, hes was so head and shoulders above Fitz, Geno was the only option to start.

14. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Think a lot of it is people seeing the ceiling with Fitz. There's only so much he can do for us but regardless it's an upgrade from the past. Geno has the talent to run this offense far more effectively but from what we've seen in the last two years he lacks the ability to not turn over the ball and Petty isn't anywhere close to being ready to play regardless of what people want to believe. My guess is people see how good our offense is and how great our defense is and realize Fitz can only go so far. Regardless, Fitz shouldn't lose his job based on the assumption that Geno or Petty could take this team to the next step. He will do enough to put us in a position to make the playoffs which is all we can ask for after the last four years. For the time being we can hope his Harvard education and the new regime is doing their best to fix Geno's decision making and turning Petty into a pro. Until then I hope he continues not to screw up.

15. JStokes

GNite guys, I'm done.

Folks are going to line up how they want to.

We're 2-0 and that seemed unlikely going into the season.

Gotta give Fitz some credit for that.

_

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! Most of us had chalked this game up as a loss before the season started. Even the most ridiculous homer would have predicted it as a loss if we had told him our running game would suck in the game. Yet, we won.

It's sad that people can't be happy and celebrate the win. Instead they have to try to find something to complain about and pick it apart. I guess they can't help it. We Jets fans have been teased, disappointed and crushed so much in our history of watching the team, that we're not used to winning, to getting TOs, to getting good coaching, that evidently some just can't believe or accept it. They have to believe that it's all a mirage, or if they start drinking the Kool Aid, it's all gonna blow up in their faces and be made fools of yet again and have their hearts broken yet again. I understand where they're coming from.

I thought the Jets were gonna blow the game tonight. I wasn't happy that they were so conservative. All that matters is that they DID come through in the crunch and they won. If it continues, hopefully the doom and gloom crowd will come around and be able to enjoy it. If not, it's their loss.

NYJetsO12 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet you cry on the outside whenever you see a woman of breeding age.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

okay, not gonna disagree that Smith had a better offseason till the incident or that he would bring solid play to the table himself had he started, but c'mon man. Fitz hasn't done poorly in lieu of Geno and if all holds he starts all year (IF)

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

No shit, the beard is the best we've got right now, and despite him trying to force it to Marshall a few too many times tonight, with the game on the line, he took us down the field for what was essentially the game-clinching score. I don't think many people here are deluding ourselves into thinking Fitz is good. But, he's been serviceable for us. Give the guy some fuckin credit.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He hasn't shown enough to keep it either. We won because of our defense today and I've no doubt we will win next week either. When we start playing better teams you'll see what I'm saying.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk