Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yanks9596, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Chris Ivory is clearly better than Jamaal Charles. :rolleyes:

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

ivory was limited in practice today with a groin and is currently listed as questionable (according to espn ff)

#102 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Yes as Charles is a "one trick pony".

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

OMG Charles fumbled the game away, it totally proves some idiot's argument.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

damnit, Ivory is my gem in fantasy football.

I mean when's the last time the Jets had a relevant player in FF?

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Did some super homer actually try to claim ivory is better than charles? smh

abyzmul likes this.
  7. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Two fumbles, one lost the game for the Chiefs in crunch time. But I guess that giant hole in the middle on his 40 yard TD run that any RB could have scored on makes up for it.

[​IMG]

8. 101GangGreen101

I would keep these opinions to yourself. They hold no true value.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Same guy also tried to claim that Ivory is better than Bell, Lynch is basically just Ivory and if he had to pick one running back to start his franchise it would be Ivory. It's been a pretty tough thread to follow and I love Chris Ivory.

10. DaBallhawk

It's easier to rank the RB's based on rushing yards I know but for some weird reason I rather judge what they do on the field.

11. 101GangGreen101

yeah take off the green shades, you'll realize who the better RBs are in this league

12. DaBallhawk

Once again, I don't judge RB's based on their rushing yards. If you want to do that that's fine. But that doesn't mean what you think is the "truth" or factually right. We're not arguing who the leading rushers are. And nobody by the way claimed that Ivory is the best RB in football. I just find it hilarious that after THAT performance you have somebody here bump this thread and basically go "did you see how amazing Charles is?!". The guy looked like shit. Costing the Chiefs a win in the process. Great job. Unless of course all you did was look up the stats on NFL.com. But again, that's like people arguing Golden Tate is a better wideout than Calvin Johnson.

13. 101GangGreen101

Did I once mention anything about statistics in this argument? Don't pull that crap on me dude. In terms of talent - RBs that are better:

1 - Adrian Peterson - One of the best RBs ever
    2 - Le'veon Bell - Can catch 50 balls, makes you miss, patient runner, breakaway speed
    3 - Jamaal Charles - does it all, has carried teams to Ws - almost won a playoff game by himself against the Colts a few yrs back
    4 - Marshawn Lynch - Better version of Ivory
    5 - Matt Forte
    6 - Arian Foster

That doesn't even include players like Jeremy Hill and Eddie Lacy who are also better talents then Ivory. Those guys can get around 300+ touches [receptions and rushes] and will be a difference-maker on the field. I would like to see Ivory put together a full 16 game season of beast-mode first before putting him in that category.

You can put on your green shades again.

14. DaBallhawk

Again, I'll give you Peterson and Lynch. Based on age and wear & tear I'll stick with Ivory. Is he better at this point and more proven? No. Will he be the better back in the next 3-4 years? Yes. Unless he can't stay healthy of course but I'll take that risk. I also love how people suddenly jumped on the Bell bandwagon. Two years ago the same people called him a bust, suddenly he's elite. Sounds reasonable. You forgot to mention Ridley by the way but I guess he's not the flavor of the month anymore.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

In 3-4 years Ivory will be 30 years old.

I don't think you realize how old Ivory is. Jamal Charles is 28, Adrian Peterson is 30, Arian Foster is 29, etc. Ivory is 27 years old. The guys you are comparing him to were amazing at his age. Ivory doesn't have 3-4 years. He's in his prime right now, especially with his running style.

I love Ivory. I think he's fuckin awesome and exactly what we need but he's no Jamal Charles

DaBallhawk likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

How the hell could you have watched Thursday's game and come away thinking Charles looked like shit? Especially when the only case you can possibly make is his two fumbles, but you don't want to just look at box scores right?

Please just lock this thread.

Jets69 likes this.
  17. DaBallhawk

Fair enough, but Ivory has been splitting carries his entire career, he never missed a season due to injury so he really has fresh legs. His age isn't a big deal, he's not run down. He's got fresher legs than some of the 24-25 year olds. Charles is just a year older but he tore his ACL already and he's got twice as many carries over his career (600 vs 1200). Plus he lives off his speed. There's no way he'll be effective past the age of 30. How many examples are there of 30+ year old home run hitters at RB still dominating late in their career? I can't think of any. Ivory can still be an effective power back in his early/mid 30s. And I agree, physically Ivory is in his prime right now and his next 3-4 years will be the best years of his career. But you can't say that with any of the other guys outside of Bell maybe.

18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Thomas Jones and before him Curtis Martin

19. DaBallhawk

Why don't you just show us all the impressive runs he had in week 1 and week 2?

20. BroadwayAaron

I don't really want to waste the time because you're really the only one that is asking for it. Pretty much everyone else with two eyes, a brain and a television knows that Jamaal Charles is one of the top five running backs in the league and it has nothing to do with his numbers.