Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Can't believe people still want to support the guy who's not on the team anymore. No matter what you think happen geno is still here and he's not. Pkus he has multiple reports of this guy attacking ppl and punching them in the face lol. One in college when he meet a she man on fb didn't know got to the house and when the person wouldn't show his face punched him and jumped out a window lmfaooo

RexontheBeach likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Well if you believe everything you read that's put out by an organization to downplay an embarrassing organizational incident and you don't want to make any conjectures of your own, that's on you.

This is a board to discuss opinions. If folks aren't allowed to make there own conjectures as to what happened and we are only permitted to believe what is spoon fed to us, we should just be a board posting press clippings with no option to comment on them.

And the fact that he used "cold cocked or sucker punched or whatever you want to call it" is extremely telling to me.

That he had no idea what happened and he just wanted to put the fire out ASAP.

_

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Do you really expect a Press Release stating: "The New York Jets think one of our players totally deserved to be punched in the face. Further, we've asked all of our other players to explain to the press, in detail, exactly why this player deserved to be punched. In the face. Hard."?

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But, it wasn't just Marshall who has described the incident as essentially a physical attack.

Perhaps most tellingly, not one person in that locker-room (who I am aware of) has even so much as hinted at the possibility that Geno deserved what he got. I would feel very differently about it if there were a wide range of conflicting reports on what happened, or, if the Jets had, in addition to disciplining Geno, also bothered to discipline IK.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Bowles shut down the chatter so only one side came out. IMO, Bowles did the right thing by doing that and cutting IK. Where he may have missed was the root cause of the punch. A real leader doesn't let it get that far.

6. Cman68

Two things Geno can do at this point. One is, let his play do his talking thereby winning back both the lockerroom and the fanbase OR go find IK and either pay the man the 6bills or settle the fight. I have a feeling those two will cross paths again. We'll see just how "mad" Geno really is at that point but this running his mouth about how "mad" he is isn't making it look like anything but a spoiled little boy who got his jaw and his pride broke in one punch.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

him being a punk and his production on the field have no correlation. some of the best players in the league have been punks or even criminals. so not sure why you brought that up as if him being a beast sunday somehow has anything to do with his off field antics.

as far as him being a punk, its well documented. so im not sure what the debate is. pouting, tantrums, punting footballs into the stands in practice in defiance. domestic violence arrests, assaulting a police officer at a denys, DUI's. i mean me calling him a punk isnt something out of left field. it has nothing to do with his comments not support my beliefs and everything to do with him getting arrested and acting like a child.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nobody is going to say that Geno deserved what he got, even if he did. But Revis was one of the few eyewitnesses to what actually happened, and he placed responsibility on both of them for what happened. Sure doesn't sound like a sucker punch to me.

9. slimjasi

I agree entirely. However, conjecture, while a guaranteed privilege afforded to those lucky enough to be a poster on this message board, can still be classified as baseless, mindless, and ultimately meaningless. Unfortunately, virtually all of the conjecture in thread appears to satisfy those three conditions. People are essentially just taking an opportunity to aimlessly bash a player they don't care for, without properly acknowledging the mountain of evidence that suggests the incident in question was nothing more than a physical assault perpetrated by a known hothead.

Agree. But, the overall weight of his subsequent statements and actions makes me believe "sucker punched" was the much more precise description of what happened.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

hopefully, geno wont be here long.

11. slimjasi

Why not? Teammates throw each other under the bus all of the time. I just don't understand why people assume it couldn't possibly happen here. In fact, Geno is far from a well-established, tenured NFL starter, so, if anything, I would think this situation WOULD be a case where it would be prone to happen.

12. slimjasi

And therein lies what this is all really about. Fair enough. I like the honesty.

13. JStokes

It's only "baseless, mindless, and ultimately meaningless" because it doesn't fit with your agenda.

And this "mountain" of evidence that you point to is a molehill of corporate speak spoon fed to you by the organization that was trying to put out a fire.

Hahahaaaaa again with this nonesense.

Yeah, ok you're right, Bowles thinks Geno was sucker punched.

_

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So why didn't GeNO pay back?

If he had any worth salvaging in the first place.

I support Geno as long as he dons Jets Green. Fair enough.

But GeNO is not a franchise QB. Big arms, all the physical tools, and fucked up mentality. Does that ring a bell? Ryan Leaf, folks. You need to ask why he didn't grow into the franchise QB role. He had much more physical talent than GeNO will ever have. [Was drafted for #2 over all for a reason.] Get the point? Mental make up is a huge part of QB role - which neither of these clowns had any business of.

Fitzpatrick is indeed a long term solution. He may not be a long term starter, but he is a long term solution. If Jets are smart enough, Fitzpatrick will be locked up for good 3-4 years for a backup role.

And right - we don't know what we have with Petty - but that does not necessarily mean you have to put up with shitstorm that is GeNO.

#134 Zach, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  15. slimjasi

Another thing that bothers me about all of this: We know from the personal accounts of many, many NFL players, coaches, and executives that locker-room disputes happen all of the time. We all know Geno is not the only NFL player to ever have been punched by a teammate. So, why was this such a big deal? Because of the consequences of that punch - i.e. Geno broke his jaw. If the consequences of that punch had been far less severe, the entire incident would likely have never seen the light of day, or, at the very worst, reporters would have vaguely heard about a locker-room "skirmish" that wouldn't have gone much further than a few innocuous summer tweets.

So, in essence, all of this derision and phony outrage over Geno's supposed immaturity and implicit lack of leadership actually isn't a function of Geno's character, but rather, a function of IK's punching power.

FJF likes this.
  16. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

I'll say whatever I damn well please. On here and in real life. What you need to be told is that Geno Smith is a Jet and as such you should support him and hope he plays well. You shouldn't be supporting a hotheaded fringe player (one who already has a history of violence) punching a teammate. END OF STORY. Whatever you think about Geno is irrelevant. Your feelings, your thoughts, your opinion means absolutely nothing. The only thing that matters is FACTS, and the FACT is IK was 100% wrong. A real man handles business without violence unless as a last resort. We don't need that POS on our team. Period.

17. Cman68

Ummm.. no you won't... Not here anyway.. You might wanna invest in anger management therapy in your spare time.

#137 Cman68, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  18. slimjasi

Or, perhaps, the majority of known, firsthand accounts of the incident in question don't fit YOUR agenda.

Nah, if Geno had done something outrageous, we would have heard about it by now. Despite how inconvenient it may be for you to acknowledge, the fact remains that there is NO KNOWN EVIDENCE to suggest that Geno wasn't the victim of a physical attack.

I guess the fact that IK was immediately cut, while Geno wasn't even so much as fined suggests to you that the punch wasn't unwarranted? More to the point, what evidence do you have to suggest that Geno deserved to be punched? Oh, right, I forgot, I am the naive victim of corporate spoon-feeding. I guess we'll just ignore the preponderance of available evidence and go with that.

19. JStokes

Holy shit--well done there.

Where in any of what I've posted in the last 2 pages suggests that Geno deserved to be punched or that it wasn't unwarranted.

You keep believing he was "sucker punched" because that's what Bowles said.

I don't know whether you are naive or not, but you can't understand what Bowles said or what he was trying to say.

_

20. slimjasi

To me, getting hit in the heat of a verbal dispute, without proper cause or warning, constitutes being "sucker-punched." It seems like either you don't believe that is what happened, or at the very least, you are unwilling to acknowledge that the preponderance of evidence suggests that is more or less what happened. Maybe I just don't understand what you think about the incident?

As I made abundantly clear in a previous post, I don't believe Geno was "sucker-punched" merely because Bowles chose to use that phrase as part of a sentence he uttered while addressing the incident with the media, but rather, I believe Geno was "sucker-punched" because of the subsequent statements made and actions taken by the Jets organization, when assesed as a collective whole. Everything from the various first-hand accounts of the incident, to the statements made by the GM (both to team reporters as well as to hosts of various radio programs), to the decisive fashion by which the Jets chose to discipline both players tells me that Geno was much more of a victim than he was an instigator.

Personally, I don't buy this notion that the Jets were merely protecting Geno's reputation and putting out a fire. Geno is a wildly unpopular player in the eyes of both the national sports media as well as the Jets fan base. Furthermore, he was drafted by the previous regime. I don't see why they would feel particularly invested in him at all. If he were at fault, I think he would have been reprimanded appropriately. I think sometimes, you just get into an argument with a hothead who can't control his temper. Those type of guys don't last long in the working world.

I have now explicitly made this clarification twice. But, I'm sure you'll want to write more about the Bowles statement.

FJF likes this.