Chris Ivory

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by yanks9596, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Bell? Come on. There's nothing great about his game. He's another Demacro Murray, Larry Johnson. Good vision, good quickness, can catch the ball. But really, he does nothing REALLY good. Jamaal Charles is a one trick pony who needs an elite O-Line to function. Forte is a better and much older version of Bell, he's close to being done. Peterson is more gifted athletically, but also way more wear & tear. He's probably better, but I wouldn't take him over Ivory considering age and all that. Lacy? Please. Lynch is basically another Ivory. Again, "much older", as in a lot more wear & tear. If Ivory had the Cowboys O-Line he'd put up crazy numbers. He put up great numbers in NO, he's gonna put up great numbers here this year. If you look at the last 3-4 years Ivory year after year was either the best back or one of the top 3 backs in broken tackles, yards after contact etc. I agree that Peterson might be a better back, for another year maybe, maybe Lynch for another year. But if I had to start a franchise Ivory would probably be my first choice.

2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Loved them both yesterday. Ivory always looks like he's running down hill and Powell plays bigger than he looks (if that makes sense).

hornblower likes this.
  3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

One of the few moves Idzik made that has been a success. I wasnt crazy about that trade when it happened cause Ivory reminded me a lot of what Shonn Greene was. But he has really grown on me. He isnt great but he's better than average. I've said it a couple times but he looks faster this season too. Also seems to want to be involved in the passing game.

He was in the same position as Kerley with being on the outs with a new staff here..but he actually didnt take his playing time for granted and worked to get better.

Its paying off

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wowzers!!!

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Careful Idzik brought in Ivory, the worst GM of all-time the majority say around here

hornblower likes this.
  6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I love Chris Ivory he is my favorite Jet. He is so incredible to watch, he simply steamrolls through defenders like a runaway train.

The Ivory Express will put up big numbers for the Jets this season.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Durability and hands are what keeps Ivory from being included among the top tier of RBs.

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Chris Ivory is the best player in the NFL

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

More talented than C-Mart?

Ummmm.... Miiiight want to re word that first part of your post there op.

JetsLife3 likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I noticed a burst of speed in Ivory this preseason that I had not seen before. He had it yesterday too. Very excited for his season this year.

11. DaBallhawk

C-Mart was special. Comparing those two is like comparing Mike Tyson to Muhammad Ali. Tyson might be better if you have 1 round fights, but if you go 12 rounds Ali is going to beat the crap out of him.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good comparison. Although I wouldn't call Ivory an all time great haha

13. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

[​IMG]

All Gas No Shake and Ubiquitous like this.
  14. DaBallhawk

Had to settle for Tyson. The current heavyweights are so bad I can't even think of a decent one that doesn't have a padded record to fight a Klitschko in order to get paid.

15. DaBallhawk

I don't know why, but that was funny. Anway, I stick to my guns. And you'll agree with me after the season unless Ivory suffers some sort of injury that takes him out for a handful of games.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wonder how the season will unfold with Ivory, Powell, Stacy, & Ridley all available. We only suited up two last week (3 if you include Bohanan). From week to week, either Stacy, Powell, or Ridley will have to sit out. Gailey did mention Ivory can't keep up the violence all season and it's good to have other guys who can get it done. Ivory only has to average 62 yrds/game to get his 1000 rushing yards for the season, so I expect Gaily to limit Ivory to about 70 yrds/game on avg which is about 17 carries a game. The rest will get split up.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Any chance we trade one of Powell, Ridley, or Stacy? Did anyone pick up Richardson?

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...he's got good vision and the ability to hit it upfield hard.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. DaBallhawk

[​IMG]

So explosive and fast. No wasted moves. Looks completely different than last year in terms of quickness. Gets 20 yards out of a play that last year he probably would have gotten 5 yards out of. Max.

Also, Danny Shelton is fat as fuck.

20. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Ivory and Marshall look like they mean business.