Booing Geno

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetster, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I know - Genover is worlds better than Matt Moore. *rolls eyes*

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree with your bolded sentence. Booing a rookie and 1st year QB is flat out stupid when he's out there doing the best he can. You yourself said the Steelers were awful, so how exactly was he keeping them from winning? Even if he was with his TOs, he obviously was the best QB they had and the CS thought he gave them the best chance to win. Fans who boo in a situation like that are not really fans, and their teams are better off without them.

Little League has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of having class or not having class and being a good fan or being an asshat.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great post! I couldn't agree more and couldn't have said it better. I really wish some of our fanbase would go root for another team.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hey! You don't boo a team player in football..... oh wait, that's soccer. My bad!

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's the goddamn green and white scrimmage! No opponents, just us. Our defense is really good. They've been at TC for a week! By all accounts, Geno is having a strong camp. And yet, the moronic assholes and ignorant fools among us will still boo Geno no matter what he does. They want to fail. Fuck those slobs.

#65 Jetaho, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You copped out and punted. Who you would have acquired is not nly relevant, but essential if you continue with the "anyone but Smith" posts. If you don't have a legitimate alternative to Smith, then stop the ranting. If it were so easy to acquire a top flight QB , every team would have one, not just 10-15 teams. Matt Moore? He's the keys to the kingdom? Trade up for Mariotta? Were the Titans soliciting offers? Fail.

stinkyB, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Vida

Vida Active Member

I read about this and had to laugh. What the hell is so crap in people lives that they have to take out their pent up anger/frustration by booing a player of a team they supposedly support at a pre-season training session! It's quite ludicrous.

stinkyB, NYJetster and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. juss

juss Active Member

Pretty poor at a practice, before a preseason game let alone a real game has been played this year.

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

... by specifically naming a player, just as you asked me to do?

Strawman argument. I didn't advocate getting a "top flight QB"; I advocated getting someone capable of competing with Geno (which is pretty much the entire league).

Nope. He's just better than Geno and wouldn't have cost anything to acquire.

10. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

I doubt that Maccagnan, Bowles and Patullo would have better access to Geno than you do, and so there's no way they might be better placed to assess him than you are.

And I think we can all agree that your knowledge of football is probably far, far superior to theirs.

But unfortunately - even though I'm sure that, like me, all the other posters on this message board would love to have you running the franchise - for now it looks like we're just gonna have to make do with these ass clowns calling the shots.

#70 NYJetster, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's preposterous if people want Fitz to start...people just want ABG (anyone but Geno) to start - doesn't matter who it is, they just want a new chew toy.

FlaJet and Footballgod214 like this.
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Totally speculative but my guess for the reason Geno was booed was a mix of:

1). Fans wondering why we couldn't upgrade at the QB position. "Why are they still starting Geno when the rest of the team has improved? Why not give Fitz a start?"

2). Fans who have spent 0 time reading about training camp reports.

3). Other fans getting sucked into the mob mentality of booing a QB who hasn't played an official snap this season yet.

At first I thought Fitz would come here and start, but he seems to be banged up and looks old. Perhaps he is technically a better passer than Geno at this point, but Geno at least has his legs and athleticism. So if the CS takes the possible upside of the guy. I trust them. There is no point in booing a QB before the season has even started.

FlaJet likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You have to be a total moron to boo a player on your own team at a glorified practice session

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The jackoff beat guys are getting exactly what they want. They have the fanbase talking about it, they have the national media talking about it. They are stirring up crap to get clicks. But here's the best part:

Geno finished 10-13 with two TDs, one each on Revis and Cro. I guarantee you there were people cheering about that. Why isn't that in the headline? It's buried 5 paragraphs deep in a story most people won't read. I'm not talking about whether or not Geno is the guy and I'm certainly not basing it off of an intersquad scrimmage. I'm talking about sifting through the bullshit and not feeding into these media-driven narratives.

Speaking of bullshit, this gem of a line from the Pats/Bills/Dolphins troll had me laughing:

So the entire league is capable of competing with Geno, yet Geno is mopping up the floor with Fitzpatrick. Talk about a strawman. Your math doesn't add up, troll a little harder next time.

FJF and NYJetster like this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Thats total crap. If Geno can just string together a few televised games of those numbers though, we wont hear about this anymore as anyone with eyes can agree Geno has improved.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You fail to realize the Jets are trying to develop a QB. Matt Moore hasn't done anything big in this league; hell, he's completely content on being a backup QB. Geno has far more potential, if he process the play quicker, he's going to 10x better than Matt freaking Moore. I reall

As someone who wasn't (still isn't) a fan of Geno Smith, he's got all of my support. Maybe you should root for a different team, if you want to see the Jets QB fail. I suggest becoming a Browns fan - fits you well.

Jetaho likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

Wait, which part is total crap? I feel like you're disagreeing but then agreeing one sentence later.

18. BroadwayAaron

Well first things first, he already roots for a different team. As you can tell by his unbelievably ridiculous posts, he's just here to troll us.

Second, I completely agree with you. Matt Moore would have been a nice little stopgap if we were completely giving up on Geno but obviously the coaching staff sees something in him that they think they can work with. And although we have a ridiculously small sample size, 90% of what we are seeing supports their theory.

Third, when the hell was the last time Matt Moore played meaningful snaps? Two or three, even four years ago? I don't even want to waste my time looking it up. Is there any guarantee that he would even be better than Geno as a stopgap if Geno didn't improve one bit?

Fourth, he returned to Miami where he's been for the last half decade. How do you know that the front office didn't go after him and he chose to stick in Miami for probably equal money and not relocate his family?

And now here I am feeding the troll…

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Having class and being a "good little fanboy" has nothing to do with it....are we suppose to cheer and erupt into a "J-E-T-S Chant" when Geno throws a int or misses a reciver by forty yards?A lot of Jets fans have spent there entire lives without seeing the team win the Superbowl ....so when we see a guy like Geno under center who hasn't taken that big step foward that we were all praying for its a major dissapointment and its easy to get frustrated and start booing him off the field.....

TNJet and FlaJet like this.
  20. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Personally I would have not booed Geno, I'd save my booing for the real thing. LOL :D
    Truthfully I am hoping Geno turns this thing around and becomes our Saviour, at the same time I'm not holding my breath.
    He wins we all win. He losses we all lose.

TNJet likes this.