Booing Geno

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetster, Aug 9, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez took us to "Two AFC Title Games" even though he really didnt

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Terry Bradshaw made a habit of getting booed off the field in 1970 and 1971. If you're playing poorly and your team can't win because of that you deserve to be booed off the field. This isn't Little League, where building confidence and teaching good conduct is part of the play. It's the NFL.

Bradshaw wouldn't have gotten booed as much if the Steelers were a good franchise but they were the Pitts at the time, coming off a league worst 1-13 that got them the Bradshaw pick after twenty one consecutive seasons of not making the playoffs. A frustrated fan base took it out on the #1 pick who had a terrible rookie season and a bad second year. In his first 27 games Bradshaw had 56 turnovers.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Really? Who should the new GM have replaced Smith with? Who was this starting caliber QB that was available for the Jets this offseason? I must have missed a few months of the offseason.

And a second "Really?" to your second statement. If the Jets are going to become a perennial playoff contender, Bowles should have named Fitzpatrick, a veteran journeyman QB who has never ever ever led a team to the playoffs in his 10 year career over a third year player who may have the potential to become a legitimate and successful NFL starter? Or we should have given in to ignorant fan and media demands for a preseason "QB competition" so that Smith can only get half the reps and PT while learning a new offense with a new OC. I'm sorry , but your post is ridiculously inane and, as a season ticket holder for 34 years, it gets old sitting near fans like you who ignorantly and stupidly boo every incomplete pass by the starting QB or who yelled "Tebow" in 2012 or who wanted Simms to start last year or said Pennington was "figured out" after losing a playoff game to the Raiders in 02. I could go on and on. I'm sorry, but those people who booed last night are just plain stupid, ignorant fans.

This team will never ever be successful unless and until it finds a true starting QB. Starting Smith is the absolute unquestioned right thing to do at this point. If he falters, then we all know a new QB is needed. Starting Fitzpatrick and may be winning one or two more games than a bad Smith does nothing to advance this franchise towards a SB. Fitzpatrick never has and will not be the answer for an NFL team. The GM and HC are not here to make you and the other whiny fans have a marginally more enjoyable 2015 season. His job is to build a winning team over the next 2-3 seasons. Get over it already.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Unhappyjetsfan is a Pats, Bills or Dolphins fan trolling us. No need to respond.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Exactly. Too much is made of building these guys confidence up. The better quarterbacks that stick in this league shrug off the interception rally their team come back and go on a scoring drive. It's what always had to bother you about Sanchez. Dude would throw 3 picks and still be in position to win a game but look like he was about to cry on the sidelines. After their first season, confidence shouldn't be a problem. You're on the roster and starting for a reason; wipe the puss off your face.

Eli throws picks at will sometimes and has no problem getting ready for the game winning drive. Same thing with all the best quarterbacks in the league. The Pats beating the Broncos after going down 24-0 is a great example of this in 2013.

Br4d and James Hasty like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The person most happy with Geno's progress is my dog.

NYJetster likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If this is your third year in the NFL, you should already have a thick skin. If not, you will fail regardless. Fans are fans. They will boo. If you are tough mentally, you should be able to move on. And first indication from Geno is that he is on the right track. Laugh it off and move on.

8. TestaverdeWinsGames

I am normally against booing but if a player can't handle booing fans, what hope did they ever have to play in the pros to begin with? Their failures on the field have much more to do with killing their confidence than some assholes in the stands. And do you think players don't get yelled at and cursed at by their coaches on the sideline??

Conversely, it's not like cheering on a lousy player is going to make him start playing well. This isn't some cheesy ending to a sports movie.

mgjetman22, James Hasty and NYJetster like this.
  9. NYJetster

NYJetster New Member

Totally agree with this. Not only is booing dumb in the sense that it doesn't achieve anything positive, it also says more about the "fan" who's doing it than it does about the player who's the target.

Sent from my 709v82_jbla118 using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The only time I'll tolerate booing is when the team is showing a clear lack of effort. If the guys out there have given up and are accepting an ass beating, then fine, let them hear it. But if they're giving everything they've got and just aren't getting results then what's booing gonna do? Make them better?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Let me know when the Jets have a "third year player who may have the potential to become a legitimate and successful NFL starter" on their roster and I'll give you an answer. Until then, I don't care who starts as long as it's not Geno.

mgjetman22 likes this.
  12. Unhappyjetsfan

[​IMG]

13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The crowd booed Geno; then cheered when he made plays later in the practice., which is exactly what will happen during the regular season.
    If he's successful; the fans will support him. If he plays like he did his first two seasons, he'll get booed mercilessly. It comes with the territory.
    You want to be an NFL quarterback, you'd better have thick skin, a short memory, and ultimately, you'd better produce.

FlaJet likes this.
  14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So who do you think should have been or should be the Jets QB in 2015? Give an answer rather than some BS response such as anybody but Geno.

15. Unhappyjetsfan

The point, as I am happy to point out for about the 50th time since our OC announced Geno was going to be the starter, it is the GM's job (and #1 priority) to find a QB (whoever it is) that was capable of competing with Geno for the starting job. If the GM was unable to locate a QB who was capable of competing with Geno for the starting job, then that's a glaring indictment of the GM - this is because Geno has been the worst starting QB in the league two years running.

Personally, if it were me, I would have acquired Matt Moore; I think he's clearly better than Geno and probably gave us the best chance of winning this year without trading up for Mariota. But again, who I would have acquired is irrelevant. The relevant point is that the GM was unable to acquire someone capable of competing with the worst starting QB in the league - that's his failing, not mine.

Big Blocker and FlaJet like this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i stopped reading at Matt Moore. wow

NCJetsfan and DMSMaven like this.
  17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Haha...me too

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're not the GM, he said Matt Moore lol.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

fixed your post

NCJetsfan and The 1985er like this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member