Green and White Scrimmage

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CONN-JET.2.0.3., Aug 6, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The practice was last night and it's been reported a dozen times what type of turnover it was.

Not that hard.

_

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Danny.

_

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Some lucky team is going to get Zach Mettenburger for next to nothing and will have one hell of a QB.

almbleamal, elgoman and Brook! like this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I was there, and yes it was a strip sack. Other than that, he looked sharp. He and Marshall looked great.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude.

Sorry but to question Geno's stones is just stupid. The guy was thrust into the starting lineup a year or maybe two years before he should have been. He had an effing dumbass for a HC and an effing dumbass for an OC. He had no talent around him to help him. He's been booed, villified, he has never complained and has answered the bell each and every week and game and did the best he could. There should be absolutely NO question about his stones. You think it's easy going out there in front of 60k fans in person, millions on TV, knowing you're playing poorly, getting booed, getting trashed in the media, and still going out there each week and busting your butt? I'd like to see you or some of you negative Nancy's (or any of us for that matter) go through the same thing and see how you/we handled it. Most of us would fold like a cheap tent.

Geno has obviously worked very hard and he finally is getting good coaching and the results are showing. Why not give the guy some kudos for his guts and hard work? At the very least, as a fan, be patient and hopeful that it will carry over into the season?

The past is the past. This is a different time and place. The GM is different, the CS is different, most of the players are different. I get what the Jets' history has been. We ALL get it. Just because previous GMs and HCs have screwed the pooch doesn't mean that this regime will. You're a knowledgeable fan and obviously intelligent. You're just making yourself miserable.

Even if Geno winds up flopping again, it doesn't mean the window will close. We have definite signs of improvement and legitimate reasons to have hope. By all indications, we have a great young respected GM with a real eye for talent and an idea of how to put together a team. We have a very experienced and quality CS. The HC looks to be almost perfect so far. He's thoughtful, tough, fair, the players seem to really like him, he's a great defensive mind and yet is trying much harder than Rex ever did to be a complete HC. We have a bunch of talent on both sides of the ball. The contracts for the FAs were handled in a brilliant fashion so that if some or all of them don't pan out, the team won't be hamstrung with cap problems. We have what looks to be true "substance" rather than mere "style" and personality like we had with Rex. We have the best backup QB we've had in a while who is capable of playing at a high level. We have a very talented, smart, hardworking young QB with great character who has an excellent chance to develop and be a topflight starting QB in the NFL.

If you can't be positive and hopeful now, when can you be? I wish that some of you guys would show half the stones Geno has shown, and get over your hurt, frustration, and disappointment of previous years and teams. That takes the same mental toughness that Geno has shown. I had to learn that. There will be plenty of time later to trash and boo Geno if he flops. Why not wait until he has, rather than continually questioning and bashing him? He's a Jet for pete's sake. Cut him some slack. Show some loyalty. Show some mental discipline and toughness, and gut it out.

#85 NCJetsfan, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That could be a nice safety valve for Geno....win a lot of jump balls. Cro looked overmatched on that TD.

Marshall is a tough match up. Those battles he had with Darrelle when he was with Miami were epic

zace likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

People seem to forget how badly Giant fans wanted Eli out before he won his first Superbowl. They were equally as impatient with him.

8. NCJetsfan

That just shows that it looks like stokes, I and others who wanted Mariota were right. ;)

9. Walt White

Some of them wanted Coughlin fired before the second SB too. I was actually laughing at the ones I knew with that mentality, jackasses

10. NCJetsfan

I'm not sure a rock solid year would even shut some of them up. They'd be claiming that the opponents conspired and took it easy on the Jets, allowed Geno to succeed to build his and the Jets' confidence in Geno so they would stick with him as the starter, and then they (the opposing teams) could then crush the Jets and Geno in the playoffs or in the succeeding years.

11. NCJetsfan

I think the problem is that Cro is "soft" mentally. He has a chiseled body. He's bigger than many of the receivers and yet he has never been physical. He should play more like Revis at the LOS, but he won't. He should fight players for position and the ball, but he won't. He allows himself to get pushed aside. He won't work to develop technique. He insists on trying to get by on his native talent and skills. He's just a pussy. I hope he will play reasonably well this year, but if not, I hope he gets his butt benched and then is gone next year.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Cromartie is realistically very skinny and not very strong. You say chiseled like he'd 6'1" 215 pounds of muscle when in all actuality he probably weights close to 190. Lanky dudes will get thrown to the floor by the Julio Jones' of the world if they try to bully them at the line.

He plays how he needs to play. He uses his speed and his long ass arms to his benefit. When he bumps and runs he gets pushed around.

13. NCJetsfan

Your asking that question shows your ignorance of the importance of home field advantage and how fan support can help lift a team when they're struggling. It doesn't sound like you've watched much sports at all. I'll bet your beloved Patsies wouldn't do so well if a large chunk of your fans booed Brady and Belichick for cheating and because they don't go 16-0 every year.

LAJet likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....and Stokes begins his crow eating, back tracking posturing.....you know, just in case.

Jay Bizniss and elgoman like this.
  15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Now it makes sense...

elgoman likes this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

good write up NC. I wonder if the Geno we have now entering year 3 is better than if Geno had sat his first 2 seasons and is starting for the fist time this year. We'll never know of course but I have to think the battle tested Geno we have now is going to be better than if he sat 2 years. We may be saying the same thing about Mariota in 3 years. Thoughts?

17. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

He's shredded, he looks like a smaller Tampa 2 LB or a big safety, size is not the issue with him, it's his mentality. He is soft, weak. He hates being physical, he hates contact. Very similar to Kerry Rhodes from a size / mentality standpoint. They are finesse guys. There are so many small guys who throw their own bodies around, who stick their heads in, going head to head with big running backs. Like a Buster Skrine, Ryan Clark or Cortland Finnegan. They thrive on being physical, they love to dish out punishment. Cromartie is the exact opposite. Which is fine. If he actually focused on covering people and if he excelled in coverage, that's a cornerbacks #1 job. But he doesn't, he gets embarrassed on a daily basis in camp, by a bunch of nobodies. That's not fine. If he can't be a little more consistent and if he can't stop getting beat deep I wouldn't be opposed to starting Skrine or Marcus Williams / Dex in his place.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

My man! Great great post.

Agree with every single point in this. Excellent

19. Walt White

Nice career....He was big for us with the Metsies too.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Cromartie is not the most physical corner but when we face of against 6'4" and 6'5" WRs his height and athleticism will make an impact.