Green and White Scrimmage

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CONN-JET.2.0.3., Aug 6, 2015.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

as far as booing Geno, keep in mind the stands are packed....probably 20K ppl there, and most are not members of TGG and probably haven't followed daily camp updates. So....they're going on the Geno from the last 2 seasons. They didn't get the memo that Geno has had some really good days in camp.

Just a thought....

Ohhh....who's our 4th QB? Saw 4 red shirts in some of the jets.com pics.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Cro threw his hands up because he wanted a flag for the pushoff. I agree with the no call though.

3. Big Cat

Don't think he minded.

"'I think over two years, I've developed some really tough skin,' said Smith, who appeared to be in a good mood after Saturday's practice. 'So I know how to handle it now.'" http://t.co/SwUV85SAaG

But still, I don't like the showing on the part of the fans. It was just unnecessary. I guess the only positive is that he's getting practice now for what he'll encounter during the regular season and he responded well to it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Yes this is true. I think they announced at least 10k people showed up. I just don't understand how people can be loyal enough fans to go to a practice, and yet boo the player who is such an important contributing piece to the success of the team. During the season if he's really bad then maybe I understand, but during camp when these guys can use the confidence for a good start to the season as opposed to the contrary of feeling negative going into the season is just idiotic to me.

And Heaps is our 4th string.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Big Cat

More Geno on boos:

"We did it tonight [converting boos to cheeers]," Smith said. "Hopefully they're a little bit more patient during the season. I mean, it's a four-quarter game. The only thing that matters is that we win the game. You've got to understand that fans are going to be fans. You don't want to put too much emphasis on that. So I don't worry about it. I think it's more important for my teammates to see how I react to it, more than anything."

But what would Smith say to fans who are impatient with him?

"I wouldn't say anything to them, man," he said. "I hope they come out and keep supporting us."

Believe him or not, Smith said he truly does not mind being booed.

"That's when I thrive, man," he said. "That's when I'm at my best. I've been through a lot for two years, and going into my third year, maybe my rookie year it might've fazed me and I might've hung my head, or it might have affected me negatively. But at this point, it just rolls right off my back."

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Geno will have some rough moments, ALL QB's go through it at points during the season. You really can't expect him to be lights out on every game/practice. Fans need to stop acting like the sky is falling just because he started slow at a scrimmage practice. Just as long as the good is outweighing the bad I can deal with a 3 and out, a fumble, missed throw etc. Fans need to get it in their heads now, he's going to throw a pick, he'll make mistakes, but just as long as he's progressing he needs to be given a pass.

7. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Not with you. He needs to be able to channel all the negativity out. The only thing that matters is that he protects the football and throws TDs. I hate the booing but in the end I don't care. He needs to play threw it.

8. TestaverdeWinsGames

Every single fanbase has a significant number of moron fans. We're no better or worse than the rest of them.

hwismer and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good friend of mine is a huge jet fan, went to green and white scrimmage with me last year, has all the gear, watches all the games. He didn't even know we brought Fitz in. That's how disconnected a lot of fans are this time of year.

TheJetLife likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah but every single fanbase doesn't have a QB that gives away the football so easily

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Just got home from the practice . It was definitely a much bigger event than I thought. I was picturing maybe a few hundred fans getting a close up and personal look at the team.
    Once I got to the stadium and saw all the cars I felt dumb for thinking id get a chance to meet a few players. It felt more like a game day atmosphere... Just to watch the players stretch and do drills for most of it.
    The 11 v11 were fun though. It's kinda fun watching the O v D because you don't know who to root for. The people booing geno on his 3nout really irked me tho. These fools can't even wait for the regular season to start hating... Why not applaud the D for stopping him ???

All in all it was a cheap and fun trip for me and a few friends but I don't think I'll ever be driving an hour into the city for practice ever again.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fans can do what they want, that is why those that are dumber than dirt boo our QB after 6 terrific practices at the first mistake. So I guess you are both right, fans can do what they want, and yes, some are really dumb MF that boo our QB for every mistake.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The question with Geno is whether he has the stones to play QB in the NFL. So far the answer is no.

It's a horrible position for the Jets to be in because they have a tremendous sunk investment in him over the last two seasons. Now they have a roster that is about 70% good to go but Geno and the offensive line are the other 30 percent and without them we'll be in hell this season.

This is the third time I've seen the Jets make a huge investment in veteran free agents to try to get over the hump.

The 2003-2007 window was derailed because Chad, who was good enough to get it done, was injured every other season and lost his arm in the process.

The 2008 to 2011 window closed because Sanchez was just good enough to hold the job against weak competition and not good enough to keep a disintegrating roster together.

This window opened up suddenly with all the free agent signings this winter but if Geno is not up to the task and the offensive line has holes it won't matter. We'll be in the same place we were in in 2011 if we're lucky and last year if not.

With Geno it's not about physical talent. It's about reaction time and awareness. I don't know that you can teach that.

#53 Br4d, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

So according to CIMINI, Geno went 10/13 with 2TDs and was still boo'ed? Holy shit what a bunch of ignorant fucktards. There is a significant percentage of our fan base that wants to lose because they can only identify with losing.

NCJetsfan and RuJFan like this.
  15. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I think a lot of them are just miserable and tired of the QB play we've had for so many years. I don't think anybody can fault them for that, they just want to see a QB play well. But it is absolutely moronic to boo somebody for not being perfect. By all means Geno has been excellent so far. He's not getting any cheers for playing well. He makes one mistake and some of the fans are going after him like he just went 17 straight games without completing a pass, it's ridiculous. That's what I don't get. You're not getting anything out of this except for maybe putting more and more unneccessary pressure on him. I'd get it if this was the regular season and he posted sub 50 QB ratings the first few games. But why boo him after an incompletion? A sack? Even a fumble or an INT? What is this? Every QB gets picked in practice, plenty of times, they all make mistakes. The only way Geno can shut these fools up is to put together a rock solid year and then those fans will get off his ass next year and he will have a lot more room to breathe, make mistakes without the fans asking for him to be benched. Until then we all have to just deal with it I guess.

NCJetsfan and The 1985er like this.
  16. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Cro does that all the time, it's getting kind of annoying with him. It's his way of blaming the ref whenever he gets beat deep. You can see Marshall push off a little with his right arm before the catch but that's not a flag and Cro really needs to stop looking for excuses whenever he gives up a catch. It's always either a flag or him looking around to blame somebody when usually it's all on him. And while Marshall is a great receiver there is no way as a corner you let him beat you deep, he just isn't fast enough so I wouldn't put this on Gilchrist, I doubt he was asked to cover Marshall and make sure he doesn't catch a long ball on Cro. Cro does this every day, he gets beat deep every day by nobodies. I don't know what it is with him. Either he doesn't have the speed anymore which I doubt or he just doesn't react fast enough.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Cro threw his hands up because he was hand checked by Marshall.....Gilchrist still late on coverage though

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

some fans are just pathetic for booing Geno, I mean the kid is having a very good camp, lets support our QB!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I know its the rep for NY fans to be impatient but are those white collar Giant fans like this with their players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

How the hell do booing fans hold a team back?