Banned Users

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sometimes the truth needs to be told without bias.

I am . . . . a REALIST!

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Which topic was the culprit?

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The "Would you trade Mo for Rivers" thread.

Surprisingly, and quite unexpectedly, he derailed the thread when he went off claiming that he'd rather have Sanchez than Rivers because, you know, Rivers has always choked in the big games and Sanchez has always been stellar in big games. That Rivers is a perennial pro-bowl level QB is for average fans who only look at fantasy stats.

In fact, if you ask 1000 REAL football fans, 995 would take Sanchez every time.

He then backtracked into the money aspect, but by then the damage was done. I only read it in abstentia, but it didn't look that bad so I suspect that some of his posts were deleted.

_

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

It was in the "Would you trade Wilkerson for Rivers?" thread where he went full-junc:

#284 joe, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. JStokes

You know when people say "Trust Me" it's time to check for your wallet.

Or if it's a Priest, make sure you are wearing two pairs of underwear.

_

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm shocked. I would have assumed he'd claim only five would take Sanchez but that's because the other 995 fans aren't true fans and don't understand what they are watching.

BeastBeach likes this.
  7. JStokes

To be fair, he didn't add that--that was my editorial take on what he was claiming.

_

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Question was answered but Junc went full retard in that thread holy shit. I think the Sanchez era and how that ended put him in a deep stage of delusion, he wasn't like this always I felt. When I joined this board I thought he was a good poster.

9. JStokes

It's funny--in that sad pathetic type of way--how the dude fights with EVERYONE and turns nasty in multiple threads at the same time. Nearly every thread he enters somehow goes off the rails and ends in folks getting nasty with each other and hurling childish insults--me included.

You and I had massive fights about Mariota and Cook, but in other threads we could talk civilly and when we said our piece, it was over.

If you mention Manning or Favre or O'Brien or Sanchez or any of his other predilections when he gets back, it's going off the rails again.

_

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's a hypocrite because, he would bitch and complain when people would throw insults at him, then he would go back and call people a buffoon or a clown or whatever ... call everyone retarded. Him and his Utopia state of mind. Hell, remember me and you got warned cause of him?

Even though we had some pretty big fights about QBs, we never let it get to a point where we would go completely off-topic and start throwing insults. That's respect right there. I am sure we will have more debates about players in the future, and I have no issue having those discussions with you what-so-ever.

IMO at this stage, I think if we mention ANY QB to Junc, he will go nuts - it's inevitable.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i didnt read the thread but its been like that for as long as i can remember. he was like that with herm edwards. whom i HATED as a the jets coach. every single time the name would come up he would in the thread standing up for the guy. i used to do it just to see how long it would take him to find it and put in his two cents about how great herm was.

he was like that with schottenheimer if i remember correctly, i didnt really get involved in that one.

he really went off the rails with sancho, i was a guy who didnt like sanchez from the start and i couldnt come on here without arguing with him.

i was waiting to see what the next opposing position he could find was, he never really came with another one yet. but he still found plenty to argue about with his outlandish comments about manning, manning, favre, rivers, flacco, joe namath, etc...

he was always picking the wrong side of the battle, i honestly think he enjoyed being a douchebag and annoying people.

and the board became much more fun when i ignored him.

hopefully he stays gone, and new posters dont get bamboozled by his bullshit. many of my posts with him were simply to expose him as a douche so that newer posters wouldnt fall into his vortex.

12. JStokes

The funniest thing is he thought that "short" jokes bothered me.

They did. In second grade,

After that I started to ignore them and when I started playing sports in about the 5th grade, nobody made jokes any more. Only fools, and I ignored them and used them as a source of inspiration.

Then I started to use it as a strength and I don't think I'd be who I am today without my lack of stature--most folks are surprised when they meet me in person because of my personality--my opening line is "I know, I sounded taller on the phone" which always brings a laugh.

He thought his digs bothered me. What an obtuse fool.

But you know when Joe and I started calling him a non-matriculated UNC superfan, that TOTALLY bothered him.

_

alleycat9 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. JStokes

Sig worthy.

_

14. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

How short are you?

15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

His reply to that was so strange. To paraphrase, he had perfect justification for being a UNC fan, but it was a private matter that he could not discuss.

Kinda creepy.

As for justifying MY fandom, I take you back to the night Villanova beat Pitt to make the Final Four:

[​IMG]

BeastBeach likes this.
  16. JStokes

5 -3 and 7/8ths.

Not very, but I like to make fun of myself.

_

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Childish, if you ask me, making fun of people like that

silent scream likes this.
  18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Height is relatively unimportant, you have a great outlook, especially with what you've been thru with your wife and everything, good for you Stokes...

19. JStokes

Because it WASN'T a private matter, he has NO connection to UNC other than becoming a fan boi as a child or teenager.

He's just too much of a fraud and embarrassed to admit it.

He had no real insight into the cheating scandal other than what he read in the paper.

Look, there are large portions of Duke and Notre Dame and USC and Texas and UNC fans that became fans because they watched them growing up--kind of like us with the Jets.

Nothing to be embarrassed about there.

But if you went to the school--your bond is on a higher plane. I went to Syracuse for 7 years, my late wife for 6 years, my one son graduated in 2012 and my other son is a rising junior (and my older daughter who decided not to go to SU I didn't talk to for weeks--I kid, but I wasn't happy, but I wanted what was best for her--and she regrets it now). Half my wardrobe is Orange. I go to 2 football games a year and probably 1-2 BB games now that they are no longer in the Big East (that was another stupid derailment by junc).

You can't be the same type of fan if you didn't live on campus and immerse yourself in the culture and the life and history and the ups and downs, go to games on campus years and decades later, have roommates and classmates you still interact with during big games.

You can still be a super fan if you aren't matriculated, it's just not the same.

He defends UNC like he's a 5th generation legatee.

It's embarrassing.

_

20. JStokes

Why? I make fun of big dopes all the time :D

_

matt robinson 17 likes this.