Would you trade Wilkerson for Rivers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetastic, May 27, 2015.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

hell no! what exactly has rivers won in san diego, with a top-notch receiver core, plus decent rbs?
    he lost a home playoff game to the wild-card jets!
    not exactly my idea of an improvement. he doesn't do well in cold weather either. we need a guy who can throw in cold weather in places like foxboro, buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc.

nyjunc likes this.
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Don't be mad at me b/c I know more than you. Just keep going about your business of rating players based solely on out of context stats. That should help you.

3. nyjunc

but he has great fantasy #s! that's what the average fan wants. never mind w/ much more talented teams in weaker division he couldn't win in SD. He'd win 5 SBs here! you can't make this stuff up

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You know the bare minimum.

Continue to look at the game-logs, the play by plays on ESPN, and Wikipedia - you aren't fooling anyone. You know nothing about the concept of a team.

Oh look the fantasy #s thing again - you say the same dumb shit over and over and it doesn't make your argument look good at all.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can we all just make a pact to ignore him? Just not even respond. This place has become unreadable because of him. I stopped responding to him and it still was impossible to get through a thread without seeing his bullshit. If we all just ignore him, he won't have anyone to preach to. Apparently the mods aren't going to be doing anything about it, so we have to.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. nyjunc

my argument doesn't look good to some3one that doesn't truly understand this game. To those that do they look great. I don't worry about what folks like you think, my arguments are outstanding if you take the time read and understand what you are reading. Many folks just use perceptions and don't understand what I am posting like those that think that I think mark Sanchez is great and Peyton Manning sucks.

Just keep looking at stats w/o context for your great arguments.

7. nyjunc

all b/c you can't keep up in debates. so sad.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Your argument wouldn't look good to anyone, not even the greatest of NFL head coaches / GMs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. nyjunc

here is an interesting idea. If you don't like my post and don't want to debate then don't respond. If you don't like it and like to debate please respond and we can have some fun. If your idea of fun is trying to get me to change my opinion then I would suggest moving on though if your info is really good it can sway me a little.

10. BroadwayAaron

Just stop. Don't contribute to the mess. He preaches about how he knows so much more than everyone else, yet there isn't a coach or analyst alive that has the same viewpoints as him. You're just feeding his nonsense. I've ignored him, but the only way to get rid of him is if EVERYONE ignores him.

Ben Had and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes

Don't blame me; I reported him a week ago when he started doing his best to defecate in the thread (just like he does in every thread). As far as I can remember, he's the first person I've ever reported on a message board in over a decade. Mods don't care, apparently.

Maybe if we all put him on "ignore", he'll go away?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. nyjunc

quite possibly the worst poster on the site bashing me. you cannot make this stuff up.

13. BroadwayAaron

Well like I said in the post above... the mods apparently aren't going to do anything about it so we have to. Just have to stop responding to him if you don't want to put him on ignore for whatever reason. It's the only way we are ever going to get back to actual football discussion on this site.

Go figure, things are looking about as up as they ever have for the franchise and we have been spending our days battling some internet troll instead of talking about the upcoming season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why do you keep referring to yourself as a knowledgeable poster?

That would imply that you have the wisdom to learn from your mistakes, especially when others point those mistakes out to you repeatedly.

What you have done to and said about Ken O'Brien is nothing if not trolling.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have followed the lead... the ignore button has been pushed !

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. nyjunc

the fact that you would bash me about being knowledgeable and bring up the Ken O'Brien discussions shows how clueless you are. instead of bashing me how about try to debate me? show me where I am wrong about Ken? Ken was my favorite player as a kid, I'd love to be wrong about him.

17. nyjunc

oh boy, now we have people that don't contribute a lick to this board bashing me? this is too funny.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I have had junc on ignore for some time now, and it has greatly increased the quality of my experience posting here. Sadly I still see the effects of his thread derailments, from the obvious way that posts by others to him reflect his insidious and odious presence here. His boasting about how great and knowledgeable a poster he is goes back to before I put him on ignore; i take it from responses he still is big on boasting, and pretending to lament that everyone else here is an idiot.

I am not sure what the view of him generally is among the mods, but obviously they tolerate his presence. And he in fact enjoys people attacking him, since he combines a sociopathic mentality with a persecution complex - you don't need a degree in psychology to see someone who is clearly dysfunctional and has issues.

The net take on this is if enough other people put him on ignore, he hopefully will get bored and go somewhere else.

Of course I am sure he will attack me for saying this, and I post this knowing he loves even negative attention. But I think my support for use of the ignore feature is worth stating despite that unfortunate consideration.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

20. nyjunc

and now our worst poster chimes in.