Would you trade Wilkerson for Rivers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetastic, May 27, 2015.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It explains your weak ass rebuttals. 87 is a genius level IQ in your "special" group.

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Rivers is aging, okay, every player is aging. Declining? If anything, he's rebounded. We could lose Wilkerson and Leonard Williams and be fine on defense. We need a QB that is championship caliber. If Rivers can help win us a Super Bowl, you make the trade. Worry about after Rivers...after Rivers.

Rivers

2013 SD 16 378 544 69.5 4478 279.9 8.2 5 32 11 28 72 4.5 2.6 0 0 2
    2014 SD 16 379 570 66.5 4286 267.9 7.5 4 31 18 38 104 6.5 2.7 0 0 2

Geno Smith

2013 NYJ 16 247 443 55.8 3046 190.4 6.9 1 12 21 72 366 22.9 5.1 6 0 4
    2014 NYJ 14 219 367 59.7 2525 180.4 6.9 2 13 13 59 238 17.0 4.0 1 0 3

I mean come on. The defense did just as good with Wilkerson hurt at the end of the season.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

What about Rivers is "championship caliber"? He hasn't won anything and has 2-4 more years of football before he's done. He's never carried his team to a title, despite having defenses that were every bit as good as the one we have here. Besides, this is all stupid speculation as he is likely to re-sign with SD and doesn't want to come to NY.

nyjunc likes this.
  4. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

I've not commented as to the likelihood of this trade occurring, but Rivers is a top ten QB in the NFL and he doesn't need to carry the team. The Jets' non-QB roster was ranked 4th on nfl.com I believe, and we're definitely somewhere around there. Outside of QB and o-line, these are the best guys we've had in years.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

one of the kicks was a near 60 yarder on grass, he missed 2 makeable FGs. Did he throw an INT from his EZ up 7-3? was he not able to get SD into the EZ until it was too late? To suggest Rivers played well and wasn't to blame is just beyond laughable.

it's tough to see when a QB doesn't put up great fantasy #s, the average fan thinks a QB has to throw for 250-300 yds, 3 TDs, etc... to have a good game. Mark made 2-3 big plays for us and limited mistakes- things the great Philip Rivers was unable to do. Mark outplayed him that day.

We went up 10 and didn't throw anymore. since only #s help most fans let's look at the #s of the QBs that day when we went up 17-7 in the 4th.

Sanchez: 12-23, 100 yds, 1 TD, 0 turnovers
    Rivers: 19-29, 189, 1 TD, 2 INTs

after we made it a 10 pt game al SD did was throw and all we did was run so it affected #s. This is hard to see for folks fixated on fantasy #s

Mark's TD was a GREAT play that was HUGE. 3rd and G, scrambling to buy time throws an incredible pass to Keller for the TD to give us a 10-7 lead. If that is incomplete it is a game changer only pulling w/in 1 rather than taking the lead.

The biggest play of the game was Rivers' throw up for grabs from his EZ that resulted in a Leonhard INT which set up that Sanchez to Keller TD.

6. nyjunc

there's no need for the retard comment, I get you are flustered and have nothing but please keep that garbage off the board.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd ask you to keep your garbage off the board too but we all know that isn't happening. Please stop trolling with your nonsense and attacking all the posters on this site when you cannot force your demented point of view on them. You ruin many threads with this.

TNJet, NCJetsfan and James Hasty like this.
  8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Wilkerson for Rivers pending that they sign extensions? Yes, please. I'd even throw in Smith and a low pick, too. Over the past few seasons, Rivers has played with a lot of heart -- through fractures, sprains, tears, everything -- and while there's cause for concern over the mileage, he's a safer bet than anything on the roster or anyone reachable in the draft over the next two years (picks 15+).

It's funny - this came up last weekend at the bar. If Newton was available for a reasonable price (and could be reasonably extended), there is absolutely no way that I would not do that deal. He's 26 years old, has shown progressive growth despite significant degradation in the talent around him. On top of that, he's an upstanding citizen and jersey/t-shirt sales. Certainly, there'd be risks -- the offense would have be adapted to him, and the new environs could change both the person and the player. But, in my mind, the gains outweigh the potential costs -- Newton to the Jets would be franchise altering, for the better in my view.

EDIT: Nevermind the last part. (Cam to get megadeal.)

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Even at a not reasonable price, I think Cam would be worth it. He has the arm to succeed in the NE. He's a winner and competitor. He IS a solid citizen and that isn't going to change if he plays for the Jets. He would be worth every penny he gets. He would make the Jets an instant and perennial SB contender.

TNJet likes this.
  10. nyjunc

just b/c you cannot keep up doesn't mean a more knowledgeable poster is "trolling". Enjoy your fantasy stats and pretending like you know something.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Has this thread been junc'd too? Seriously, at what point do the mods start taking action against this guy? At first it was funny watching him flail and flounder, then it was annoying trying to actually have a convo with the guy, now he's derailing every single thread we have with his preachy bullshit and "I know more than you" garbage.

#SaveTGG

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

^^everyone's out of step in the big parade except you

13. nyjunc

#saveTGG by getting rid of the clowns we have acquired in recent years. You guys get roasted then just attack me and whine about me. It's pathetic.

Folks like you guys have ruined this board, it used to be great.

14. nyjunc

I don't care if al the nitwits agree and are against me, it doesn't change reality. be proud you are in a majority on a message board w/ average fans, that would embarrass me and should embarrass anyone who actually knows something about this game.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can't even block the guy because his reach goes far beyond his own shitty posts. He derails literally every thread. It's getting ridiculous.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  16. nyjunc

sit back and learn instead of just being a gutless whiner.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hey Junc, I bought you a costume for Halloween this year.

[​IMG]

18. nyjunc

the idiot brigade is out in full force.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The only way TGG can be saved is by permanently banning you. You are the least knowledgeable poster I have ever seen, yet hilariously, you think you are the most knowledgeable. You ruin this site. I have you on ignore, so normally don't read your BS insanity. Today, I was pretty certain who other posters were referring to with their responses, but I wanted to make certain, so I chose to see ignored posts. Sure enough, they were referring to you. You singlehandedly drag down the level of discourse on this site and make it dumber with your posts. Please just go away and focus on your beloved Tarheels who may be getting the death penalty (and it would be well deserved). They are a disgrace to the ACC and to collegiate academics as well as athletics.

TNJet likes this.
  20. nyjunc

if I am on ignore why do you talk about me? I don't get it.

You seem to know as much about the Carolina situation as you do football.

I love people that tell me I am on ignore and still can't stop talking about me. This site used to be great, to many buffoons on here now.

21. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You have gotten progressively worse on this board since I've joined.

The Mark Sanchez debacle completely scrambled your brains - you are now a delusional and delirious poster that is routinely embarrassed. Once somewhat knowledgeable, you have become a troll on this board with access to Jet related information on the internet.

TNJet likes this.