Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Cherry picking a good game and tossing that stat out is lazy. He also threw a pick in that game, does that pick come off his bad ledger?

If you think his play was the same before 8-3 as it was after and we went 1-4, then you are just denying reality.

_

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he got hurt in October, played his best football in November. the injury is an excuse.

3. nyjunc

again, he got hurt in October and while his #s were worse he looked like the same guy throwing balls up for grabs not caring what happened.

he had as many as 3 TDs in just 2 games, the Cards game and then the garbage time against SD. that's 9 of his 22 TDs in those 2 games.

9 TDs, 3 INTs in those 2
    13 TDs, 19 INTs the remaining 14 games.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

And in unrelated news..........

Jets' Willie Colon backs Jace Amaro in spat with Rex Ryan
    BY Seth Walder
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, April 20, 2015, 11:48 PM
    [​IMG]
    Howard Simmons/New York Daily News
    Willie Colon backs up Jace Amaro's claims that lateness and accountability were issues for the Jets last year under Rex Ryan.
    If Rex Ryan believes Jace Amaro is spinning a tall tale about the Jets’ accountability and lateness issues last year, then he’s calling Willie Colon a liar, too.
    Amaro found himself in Ryan’s crosshairs when, on April 6, he said the Jets had an issue with tardiness and accountability a season ago. While Ryan has been on a mission to counter Amaro’s claims, the tight end has now been backed up by his teammate, Colon.
    The offensive lineman, who re-signed with the Jets this offseason, also said lateness was an “issue” last year.
    “It’s the little things like that, the little things you just don’t talk about,” Colon said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on April 10, via the show’s host Alex Marvez. “You be on time; you be accountable for your actions.”
    Colon said he generally tries to keep those sort of problems “in house” but that it was an issue. “It’s one of those things where as a pro ballplayer it’s not hard to be there on time,” he added

5. nyjunc

as he should, Rex is on another team now and Willie is a leader backing his guy.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Rex will never learn to just let it go eh.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He better back it up!

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

exactly. whats the worst case? tebow also sucks and we lose?

not trying to see what can happen was a dumb move. tebow sucked in denver too but somehow they won games. was worth a dice roll

9. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Wow, Willie Colon talked so much shit in that article, I wonder when Rex is going to call him out too

I don't think he will, let me predict his response : "I had already taken a BACK SEAT in my job by the time Willie Colon was signed, I don't know what he is talking about because I spent most team meetings rubbing cocoa butter on my stretch marks now that I am so skinny"

#409 Charlie Kelly, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  10. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because he is a loudmouth jerk that never backs up his bravado, what a complete jerk he is

DMSMaven likes this.
  11. nyjunc

it's amazing how people don't understand Rex after watching him for 6 years.

12. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Jace is 6'6", 260 and built like a truck, I hope to god he runs over a defensive back on his way into the endzone when we play Buffalo next year.

There was clearly a lateness/discipline issue that Rex did not adequately address last year, and instead of owning it like a man he ran his mouth like a punk.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Colon better back it up, yes.
    It is nice for Colon to get behind his teammate as Colon is no bum
    Hopefully as a leader Colon can help crack the accountability problem and put these issues in the rear-view
    I just wish these players would've said something posterior to last season but hopefully Colon can now help stick it to Rex where the sun don't shine!

14. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Agreed .... Lotsa talk for someone who as a head coach is a TOTAL bust ...

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Right. The poor dysfunctional loudmouth

16. JStokes

This is pretty funny. I needed the laugh today.

Hurt not injured, still sticking to that fallacy.

_

17. nyjunc

ohhhh so he got hurt in October then mysteriously during the week leading up to Denver got INJURED and derailed our season turning his "great" season into crap all b/c of the injury!

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd rather have him sit on the bench. Colon talks too much.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Amaro's built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
    also wasn't very receptive to any suggestions or criticism from coaches about learning to play the game more physically.
    came across to me as a bit arrogant as a rookie who hasn't proven much yet, which is why i believe the comments from him prompted Rex to respond in his own unique fashion.

in terms of Colon, i doubt you'll hear anything from Rex about him.
    there is mutual respect there. Colon's comments were also directed at teammates themselves.......something specific he expects them to take more seriously and improve on. it was a leadership move more than it was a knock on past coaches.
    i'm glad he's still on the team.

20. JStokes

Hahahaaaa so for 3 games in a row Favre's got a 77% completion rate, 5 TDs to 1 INT, an 8 YPA and a QB rating of 110 and the very next week he has 53% comp rate, a pick and no TDs, a 5.6 YPA and a 60% QB rating. And proceeds to a final 5 weeks of 4 TDs and 10 INTs, a 56% comp rate, a 4 YPA and a %^ QB rating.

Nobody knows exactly when he tore his bicep tendon yet folks can't put the pieces together and figure that out.

That's just dismissing reality to promote an agenda.

Look, I don't care that folks hate the guy--he needed to sit once he tore the bicep tendon.

But dismissing reality to foster an agenda this time it doesn't carry any weight.

We Jet fans all saw it fall apart in front of our eyes.

He got injured and that ended our AFC title aspirations. Not because he didn't want to be here or didn't prepare or was texting dick pics--that's all irrelevant, red herrings and had not effect on reality.

_