Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If grown men need to be treated like children while making millions of dollars then they should be cut or traded to Cleveland

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No way. Considering Favre's history and the Jets' luck, he would have thrown a pick six to lose the AFC Championship game. I said it then and still believe it.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's speculative thinking which is fine. I still belived if he was the uninjured Favre he gets us there.

To say he was playing the same before he was injured as he was after he was injured is just delusional hater revisionist history and ridiculous.

We all saw it, he was half the QB after he was injured.

_

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I made the same argument when I first joined here and was essentially attacked by your buddy there... MCjuncmaster, and another Rex apologist.
    That was a damn good team and they were on their way that year. If it doesn't fit their view they're the first to cry foul

5. NCJetsfan

You could be right of course. I admit that I am biased against him. When Favre started in the NFL, I quickly became a fan. Because GB is my 2nd favorite team, and actually had been the first NFL team I rooted for, I saw him play a lot. As the years went by, I liked him less and less because he never learned not to try to force the ball. He was still making the same stupid mistakes his last year in the NFL that he was his rookie season. He hurt the Packers about as much as he helped them. Then his yearly retirement BS was the final straw. I NEVER wanted him on the Jets. By that time, I despised him.

I didn't say he was playing the same as before he was injured. He should have cared enough about the team to take a seat on the bench and not keep playing for his consecutive starts record.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

"Personal Foul on the Defense and the player has been ejected"

...Camera showing Jace on the floor with "That look"

He just put himself on the hit list.
    It'll probably be backup so that a starter doesn't get suspended.

I just hope no one gets injured...It's gonna get ugly. -JMMFO

7. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

wasnt losing to jamarcus russell before the injury?

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i still love rex.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No, that was another poster who is legendary for making up things past, repeating it innumerable times then claiming it as fact.

Brett Favre wasn't hurt, he was injured. He had a torn bicep tendon that required surgery after the season and got us fined $125,000 for not putting him on the injury report. Yet someone keeps claiming he wasn't injured.

And his play before and after his injury is a tale of two markedly different QBs.

By any measure that have been used by anyone here for revising history.

Won-loss record.

Statistics.

The "eye test".

8-3 BEFORE the injury, 1-4 after the injury.

20 TDs-13 INTs, 71 % completion rate, 8 YPA and a 94 QB rating BEFORE the injury and 4 TDs-10 INTs, 56% completion rate, 4 YPA and a 56 QB rating after the injury.

And anyone who watched football back then saw a shell of the QB we knew to be Favre those last 5 games. He could barely throw the ball. He was clearly injured and was unable to do what he had done to get us to 8-3. We won BECAUSE of him, not in spite of him. And we lost because of him and not in spite of him.

Any thing else is revisionist history.

If he's not injured that year, we go to the Super Bowl.

_

#210 JStokes, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Walt White likes this.
  11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The whole lack of discipline and accountability thing is such a load of nonsense - there were practically no off the field issues involving the jets and we werent masively penalised on the field and from memory the vast majority of our penalties were related to vet players from other teams

geno was late for one meeting - one - and was otherwise so I understand a model member of the team - i am guessing no-one here has ever forgotten an appointment or run a bit late for something. .....

i get that lots of people on here really hate rex for reasons I don't really understand but at least stick to his actual faults as a coach rather than buying into this invention

Ralebird likes this.
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i havent looked at the original quote from amaro, but wasnt he talking about bowles and how they are accountable now more than talking about rex?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes.. That's exactly it but butt hurt Rex had to pound his chest over it

alleycat9, NY Jets68 and Cman68 like this.
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

obviously you know better than the player who was on the team. you're a certified rex apologist.

#214 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Sorry, mate, but imo you couldn't be more wrong. The Jets were NOT disciplined. For you to say that this is nonsense is absurd and patently untrue. No one was referring to off field issues. We were referring to segments of the team or the entire team not showing up for first halves of games, and sometimes not at all. We are referring to the sloppy play, blown assignments, and while they may not have had that many penalties, a lot of them were stupid and needless and certainly didn't help the offense sustain drives or help the D get off the field. We are referring to talking tough to the media and not backing it up on the field. We are referring to the horrible record following the BYE week (1-5). We are referring to Vick not being prepared to play. You will see a disciplined team play this season under Bowles.

You will see what a disciplined team looks like and you will realize just how wrong you are.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If A PLAYER says there were issues with accountability, there obviously was. Who in the hell would actually say or suggest they need more discipline unless it was a real problem?

Not to mention amaro wasnt the only player to allude to this over the years

17. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

There's no question that Rex's teams lacked accountability, but Jace Amaro comes off like a guy with a really big mouth, too

Clark Gaines and legler82 like this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

An NFL HC shouldn't be this rattled by some rookie comments. I'm not sure why Rex is getting all worked up over this.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm just looking forward to potentially having some timeouts in the 4th quarter

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The one thing Rex didn't do was deny what Amaro said.

Shit...I'm surprised Rex didn't make Geno team captain after he missed that mee
    Because it's true.

That's why he's so defensive about it.

Notice he doesn't deny it. At least he didn't make Geno a captain after he missed the meeting.