Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Actually, a month or so ago Mangold did imply that Rex ran a very lax ship.
    Someone asked him to compare Bowles to Rex, he said Todd was more about accountability and discipline.

I don't recall exactly, but it was along those lines.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not disagreeing with what Amaro said, I just don't think he HAD to say it - I'm kind of hoping we let our play speak for itself, to show why this CS is better - go out and perform. The team is an extension of the HC, I think of Bowles as a silent assassin.

3. 101GangGreen101

I agree, no sense in playing these games with the enemy. Especially Rex Ryan. This is what he does. I think going forward the Jets need to stop talking and start playing hard every snap.

They embarrassed themselves enough last year.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They've been taught that talking shit is OK by their former HC and its gonna be a hard habit to break after 6 years. I hope Bowles puts his foot down and hammers anybody talking Ryan style bullshit this summer. We all know who the "talkers" are on this team.

NCJetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This seems to get Rex more defensive than anything else. When someone questions his HC'ing qualities like discipline, accountability, etc. There's some truth to it and he's very sensitive to that.

Anyways, I agree that it's time to move on from Rex Ryan and build a new, more professional identity under the Bowles regime.

6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Well if truth be told the team he took 2 AFC Championships was not build by Rex. That team was inherited from Magini.

7. 101GangGreen101

If you talk, you need to back it up on the field simple as that, that is the art of accountability - Bowles being a former NFL player from the bottom to the top, gives him that credibility on the locker room. Not to mention his professional demeanor.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Ryan's response just punctuates what a great call Woody made in getting rid of the buffoon.
    Anyone who thinks Rex has learned something from his first HC stint can read the response from Rex and know nothings changed. The inmates will always run the asylum on a RR coached team, I'm so happy to be rid of that clown.

Conversely, I love that Amaro called Rex out on the way the team was run. it shows me that the kid wants to win and holds himself accountable, otherwise why bother saying anything.

Buffalo is going to be like the Jets were when Rex first came in, very good defense, some offensive weapons and a question at QB. Only difference is Cassell, if the guy wins the starting job and does just enough not to lose games then they can make a run, but ultimately I think Rex will still show he's not HC material in the long run.
    He was handed a team stacked on defense but when he starts tinkering the ship will no doubt start sinking.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

how did Mangini do w/ HIS team? w/ a future HOF QB and no Brady to deal with no less.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's passing the buck, "we had no accountability" is blaming the coaches.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

But Rex made the Jets relevant.

jonnyd likes this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Amaro not being able to keep his mouth shut is now Rex's fault while Rex's early success is because of Mangini; it's funny how that works. This has nothing to do with Rex. Amaro came into the league with a big mouth and small hands; I wish it was the other way around.

13. legler82

LOL...and there it is.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, but at the same time it's funny/sad because he's in denial and refuses to see that as a weakness.

Cman68 and JetsNation06 like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

For those who don't think Amaro needed to say anything, I can understand where you're coming from. You want a classy team that does its talking on the field. Ultimately, that's what I want too.

I am glad for whatever comments that Jets players have made about last season and/or Rex to date, however. There are football fans and people who don't follow the Jets who may not understand why the Jets went downhill so badly. I think everyone should know just how clueless Rex Ryan is as a football coach so they'll quit buying into his bluster and bravado. I'm glad Rex responded as he did, because it helps show his true nature, and as I said yesterday, hopefully, Woody will learn from this and never hire another HC like Rex and never force a HC on a GM again.

That said, I hope the Jets won't say any more. I agree with 101 or whomever said that he hopes the Jets will do their talking on the field and that Bowles will stop all the talking to the media. The circus and all the talk should stop.

jonnyd likes this.
  16. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

He want 9-7. Same record as Rex the first year. Despite the "HOF" QB not being able to throw a pass the second half of the season because of a shoulder injury.

Favre doesn't hurt his arm, and the Jets go 11-5 in 2008 and win the East. And if that had happened the clown car never would have made a stop here.

Funny how it all works out.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  17. Cman68

Yeah its Rex's fault. If anything, Rex was the anti-mangini when it comes to constantly talking shit. Rex created and nurtured the atmosphere. Rex created the talk now, talk later mindset. His players followed his example all except the ones who knew better. Rex liked that his players followed his example ie: Lead with your mouth. Rex is still doing it up in Siberia.

18. Cman68

that someone was me... :)

19. legler82

Sorry Bud but Amaro was a sh*t talker before Rex, while under Rex and now after Rex. 5 years remove from Rex and he will still be spewing diarrhea from his mouth. That's just who he is not unlike Rex.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I have to say a change in scenery is just what Rex needed. He has some great qualities as a HC but when he came here he had no, zero, nada experience as a HC and all that goes into it. He was on a huge learning curve and made many mistakes along the way. Then how the team disintegrated with Favre, Revis in/out/in/out, Mark's ups and downs, Idzik coming in and gutting the team, Geno, on and on.

The Jets with all the churn would have been a remarkable HCing job for even a seasoned HC like Parcelles. And through all that Rex was almost named Coach of the Year for his 8-8 season with Rookie QB Geno. Rex came one game shy of taking two rookie QBs to the playoffs, something no HC has ever done before.

Now Rex has a fresh start. He's no longer a rookie HC with no clue. He's 6 years in and 'should be' in his coaching prime. He has a team that looks a lot like his dream team. If Rex has learned anything from his mistakes with the Jets (1- His Parcelles like obsession with aged vets, 2-His fear of making changes at QB when a change is badly needed, you guys can fill in the rest), then the Bills could be on a 1990's run fairly soon. (What? 4 straight SB appearances w/o a ring? haha probably).