Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We weren't winning with him for two years. He was getting worse. There was no way he was going to stay the QB of this team.

2. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

Both

3. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

fixed

Jets69 likes this.
  4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Geno has 2 strikes in my book. I want to see the kid behind a real oline, and with real weapons.

The oline is B- at best, but the weapons are maybe A- now.

This is it for the kid. I think he is more talented, definitely more mobile and will beat out fitz with ease.

Rex is a blowhard .. Instead of worrying about what a rookie te said try to learn offense

Pocket Jet and FJF like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The bolded part in your last paragraph had me laughing my ass off when I read the article. Coached their asses off my ass! That shows what a clueless dumbass Thurman is. He has no idea what good coaching is.

6. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

That's such a Rex homer comment. I could win as an NFL coach with enough talent on the team.

Fact of the master is, Rex doesn't make players better, or put them in a position to be better. He took Mangini's team, added a few pieces, and breathed some life into the stuffiness with his shtick and got them to the title game twice, but then every year they got worse. And Rex homers blamed it on Tanny and Schotty and Sparano, and Sanchez and then Idzik.

Rex defenders have been saying all along that bad personnel decisions like Tebow and and Burres and cutting Cocherty --getting rid of good locker room guys like Ihedigbo and adding knuckleheads like Holmes, was GM moves and not Rex's fault, but he essentially said he was the boss until Idzik came in, so he was responsible at least in part for turning the 2010 team into the 2013 team.

Thurman Thomas makes the comment that he didn't like coming around the team when Doug Marrone was the HC but now with Rex it is so much fun. Maybe Marrone was more interested in coaching and preparing, and he didn't want ex players hanging around.

I think Rex is in a very similar position he was here in 2009, inheriting someone else's project with some really good pieces. I think his shtick will work for a bit and Buffalo will play well for awhile, but he will fuck it up. It's just who he is.

Pocket Jet, RexontheBeach and hwismer like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I can't wait for the Jets to lay two beat downs on that assclown this season. I hope they beat the Bills like 56-0 both games and show everyone what a clueless twat Rex is.

Pocket Jet, Newyawka and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Rex Ryan is a classless buffoon and he always was. I cannot fathom any of u liking him as our coach let alone now. I Rex supporters are clueless duck morons. Enough already.

9. NCJetsfan

I don't even think he did a good job Geno's rookie year. His first two years Rex benefited from having talent and veteran leadership in the locker room and on the field, and from being a breath of fresh air following the uptight, anal and repressive Mangini. He then helped remove those leaders from the team and the team started going downhill. He benefited from a lot of lucky breaks in Geno's rookie season. Once his luck ran out and the talent was gone, he and the team were screwed because he was too stupid to learn and adapt.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

How is making a comment about the lack of accountability on the team last season not letting go? He hasn't made a series of comments about Rex. He made one comment.

11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Exactly THIS........!

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The part I disagree with here is Amaro "not taking accountability". Just the opposite here. He put his name to it. No anonymous source. He owned it and called Rex out based on his opinion.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just like Rex to get into it with a 2nd year player.

Totally bush league move. What an ass.

Pocket Jet, FlaJet, Jets69 and 3 others like this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly when I first read this. Very easy to see why other teams/fans hated us so much.

15. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I honestly think what really happened when they fired Tanny and hired Idzik was that they just realized that although Rex is a very good coach, he really doesn't have the ability to make huge personnel decisions and they needed to hire a new guy to take over that roll. Just happened to be a horrible hire, and they ended up having to let Rex go. And yes, Rex was an 50/50 with Tanny in running the team's personnel decisions, and he lost those powers when Tanny was fired, which was NOT a bad decision! Rex is not a great talent evaluator...he thinks everybody is great. What he's great at is coaching, so you can't give him those powers. Who knows, if they would have hired Macaggnan 2 years ago maybe Rex would still be the head coach. Either way, Bowles is here now and lets hope he's a more than adequate replacement.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No Big Blocker Rex never said or implied he was forced to play Geno because he actually was never forced to play Geno.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I don't think you're in a position to give advice on phrasing.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, where are the Amaro quotes? A lot of comments here about what Ryan said, but I haven't found what it was that Amaro actually said.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He didn't need to make a comment at all, completely unnecessary.

20. NCJetsfan

I disagree. Maybe he felt the need. Maybe he was totally frustrated last year with Rex's lack of accountability and being such a clown. I know you like Rex, and I admit that I don't, but I think the players should have the right to comment when there is a coaching change. All comments can be taken with a grain of salt, either pro or con, because players, like fans, will have opinions about their coaches too. Did he go out of his way to hunt down a reporter and make the comment? No, I don't think so. He was asked and responded honestly.