Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is typical Rex Ryan created drama, not media created drama

FJF and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what I find amazing is that our GM was horrible, our HC was horrible, our QB was horrible yet we were a game away from the SB twice(from 1969-2008 we made it that far twice). amazing how that works- oh and a horrible OC too!

it's ok to "hate" Rex now that he is coaching the "enemy" but let's not forget all he did for us in the process.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am talking about the way it might have gone down with Idzik and deciding on playing Smith.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Rex is destined for the Hall of Mediocrity, first ballot.

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Except what good does that do to watch tape of a tight end who played 40-50 years ago when the game has evolved and changed significantly? Amaro probably should have told Rex to go watch gametape of Bill Parcells or John Madden or Don Shula.

Amaro is just backing his new head coach and coaches, there's nothing wrong with what he said. It wasn't a bash at Rex so much as praise for Bowles but Rex of course takes slight to anything said against him since he's god's gift to the world.

NYJetsO12, TNJet and FlaJet like this.
  6. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

All the things that weren't so bad made up for those deficiencies. Tanny splurged in FA stacking our team to the point where a QB had to come in and basically just not fuck it up. Our o-line and run game coupled with that stifling defense was Rex's fantasy team.

After those one and two year contracts were up, money gone, and no one to fill vacancies, Rex's true colors came to fruition. A great defensive mind not so much up for the task of developing a complimentary offense.

I love him for all the memories as I have none from our SB era, but it was time to move on.

7. BakerMaker

I am sure a lot of people are happy for what he did but he isn't apart of this team anymore and he should not have a cover of "He was so good for us years ago" when he says something bad about the Jets. What do you want fans to say when Rex wants to "crush" these fan's team?

If Namath gets bashed for his outloud opinions, so should Rex.

Red Menace and FlaJet like this.
  8. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Rex is no longer a Jet. F # C K him and his Bills..

Vahncase, JetLifeLo, RuJFan and 3 others like this.
  9. nyjunc

he wanted him to be tougher and a better blocker, Ditka was a pretty tough player for any era.

10. nyjunc

we were so stacked that despite no Tom Brady and maybe the easiest sched we ever had we couldn't even get w/in a game of the playoffs in 2008.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Right on and surprise other Jet fans didn't note this.

12. nyjunc

hate him all you want but let's not pretend he was awful here.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I know what you meant, but you can't throw Idzik under the bus in that regard without running over Geno as well......

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He did a bad coaching job the last two years IMO. Too many dopey penalties, and didnt seem to have the team ready to play too often. When he had talent, he was able to run his scheme's to perfection, and it showed. He has talent now on Buffalo, so I fully expect him to compete for a playoff spot.

We had a GM who did a miserable job executing his plan. I loved his plan, but he did a piss poor job bringing it to life. Did nothing to accommodate Rex and his philosophies. Rex couldnt survive another GM firing. He had to go.

Lets be happy that it seems we have a GM and coach who seem to understand each other a bit better. Rex had two fantastic years here, but he had no business being the coach of the team this year.

15. BakerMaker

He should not be covered by AFC Title appearances anytime wants to talk about his flaws or what he is saying about the Jets now in hindsight. That's all really. It is understandable that fans got tired of how he ran things and also understandable how fans do not like how he did not take the high road upon his firing.

16. nyjunc

the issues had to do w/ talent not coaching.

17. nyjunc

2 years ago he did one of the 10 best coaching jobs in the league over the last decade. that was his best job here, last he did his worst job but 2 years ago he did an amazing job.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was a huge fan of, Rex. I still am, I think he is a great coach.

Being away from the team though, removing myself from my green glasses when it comes to Rex.. I am now realizing how polarizing he really was for this team, just who he is and the extreme flaws he has as an arrogant individual. It really does polarize a team.

I did not expect, by this team, I would be happy with the change in scenery with this team. I truly feel like Woody did a good job overall, it was a bad situation and I'm hopeful that we got the right people for the job now.

Time will tell, it's still too early to declare but I'm happy that I'm not still kicking my feet at the fact that Rex was fired. I thought for sure we would severely downgrade and we would be a extremely miserable team for years to come. It looks like we are going in the right direction, pleasantly surprised.

We will know what we have in Todd Bowles soon enough, the GM is already doing a fantastic job, so I'm just happy.

In conclusion.

Poor, Rex. His career is going to die as a Bill, that sucks. It was his choice to go to the Bills though, so I don't feel that terrible for him. Seems like another arrogant decision on his part, he wants more than anything to point the finger at the Patriots and the Jets, just to say I told you so.

Poor, Rex.

19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant 2 of the last 3 years. He did do a good job Geno's rookie year.

20. nyjunc

he did a good job in '12 too considering the healthy talent he had to work with. remember we lost our best O and D players for the year and guys like Chz Schilens were starting.

2011 is the only other year we could say he didn't do a good job but there were a lot of issues w/ that group.