Glennon or Mallett

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Who would you rather the Jets bring in this offseason

Poll closed Mar 4, 2015.
  1. Mike Glennon

58.6%
  2. Ryan Mallett

41.4%
  1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Please justify how Glennon is dog shit. And tell me which QBs in this draft outside of maybe Winston and Mariota offer more potential than Geno or Glennon - especially Glennon.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  2. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if there are any Miami Hurricane fans out there that know about Ryan Williams before he tore his ACL? Heard so much about his ability and composure when he did play that it seems like a very good gamble for the Jets to take him in the 7th round. Some how, I would be surprised if he lasts as an UFA.

At 6-6" and 220 and with an excellent arm he made a very good showing at the Medal of Honor Bowl.

01/12/15 - Miami quarterback Ryan Williams threw for 115 yards and a touchdown in his return to action at the Medal of Honor Bowl on Saturday. Williams helped the National team to a 26-14 victory - and gained himself some extra looks from NFL personnel on hand. The 6-foot-6 Williams expected to compete for the Hurricanes' starting job this year, instead tearing a knee ligament in the spring. While he got himself ready to play in September yet spent the season on the sideline behind Miami's Brad Kaaya. Still, Williams was invited to the game for NFL prospects and took full advantage of his opportunity.
    Williams had a perfectly thrown, 11-yard fade pass to South Carolina's Damiere Byrd in the third quarter that put the National team ahead for good. Williams hit passes of 36 yards to Florida State's Christian Green and 46 yards to Duke's Isaac Blakeney. Williams was voted the National team's MVP. "It was definitely fun to get back out there on the field and play again," Williams said. "I've been waiting to get out there. I hoped to get a chance at Miami, but I got a chance today." The National team also got four field goals from Air Force kicker Will Conant and a 52-yard interception return TD from South Carolina safety Brison Williams - meaning both Gamecocks invited to the game left with touchdowns. - AP Sports

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Is that a new bowl game? Never heard of it before. I don't know anything about Williams. I know there are some Canes fans around. Will be interesting to see what they think.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Than, mallet?.. fo show. Mallet might as well be a rookie 42 total completions 2 TDs 3INTs.

I didn't watch a single Tampa game last year. I heard they did pretty good though lol

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What's Brian Hoyer up to nowadays? Wouldn't mind trying to bring Jordan Cameron and Hoyer to the Jets.

7. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm fine with bringing one of these guys in for back up money. I don't want us to give up a draft pick or overpay as they are not long term answers IMO.

FJF likes this.
  9. JH123

JH123 Member

Id bring both of them in purely for competition, although I wouldn't give the bucs more than a 5th for glennon. Lots of unnecessary glennon hate , 58.8% 4,025 YDS 29 TDs 15 INTS 83.7QBR is an above average start to a career I would say.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Have you actually watched Glennon play QB for the Bucs? There's a reason they want to move on despite his seemingly good stat line. He's awkward. How many truly awkward QB's have been great in the NFL? I can't think of anybody offhand.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't really know him all that well. All I really do know is that Tampa Bay doesn't want him. They didn't want him last year and they don't want him now. They can have Geno straight up but that's about it!

13. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Wonder if they would swap a 4th plus Milliner for him.

14. Big Cat

I think just a fourth would do it. The article says a mid rounder and I read that a 3rd would be the highest it would take. Especially since our 4th rounder is so early in the round.

15. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Imma gonna have to pass

16. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

for a 4th rounder? book it. He's not great but he's better than anything available after winston/mariota

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I love when a thread that's irrelavant on so many levels gets bumped to the top.This scenario is dead and over

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Nah....I'm in
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Touche

20. Big Cat

Probably not irrelevant. We need a QB and there's a report of teams calling about Glennon, so it's entirely possible that we are one of them.

I want a hand written apology if we trade for him.