Ryan Fitzpatrick By the Numbers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Give us all a break. I like advanced statistical analysis more than basic, which is YOUR problem, as in understanding the comparable value of one stat over another.

Team won lost percentage is a team stat. Learn the game.

srains likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Hmm doesn't this analogy support the opposing argument? A CEO can not bankrupt an entire company all on his own; what's more likely is that company can go bankrupt under his/her watch and supervision. Not unlike teams being quarterbacked by Fitz failing to win a lot of games. Furthermore, the more accurate analogy would be Fitz is like a CEO that's had several companies go bankrupt under his watch despite meeting and/or exceeding many individual metrics in the process.

3. GuaranteedMemories

Imo, (and I'm pretty sure I will get laughed at for this, but hear me out) I think we should start Geno. Yes I just said that. If you look at him coming out of WVU, he wasn't particulary a great QB prospect to begin with. Then you pair him up with a (No offense Rex) complete moron when it comes to offense in Rex, and an almost equally (might be stretching it) idiot in Marty. The reason our Redzone Offense this year was terrible mostly falls on Marty who led the Eagles in his last year there to 28th in Redzone offense (we were better off with Schottenheimer). They say Geno is worse than Mark, but look at what Mangini gave Mark and Rex to start with. Mangold, Woody, Faneca, Dbrick on the line. One of the best secondaries. Thomas Jones. Braylon Edwards, Dustin Keller. That was a very good team. In come Rex, and all of the offensive talent started to erode. He never pursued great offensive players with the exception of Peyton (which we knew he wasn't coming anyway). Couldn't develop a offensive player for crap. etc.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Excellent except for the tiny fact that TD to INT is not a fantasy stat. I'd be curious to know what the correlation was between the true top 10 fantasy QBs and Super Bowls. Note this is all somewhat moot as Fitz is not top 10 in any meaningful category (TD/INT ratio, fantasy, Super Bowls, Wins…etc.).

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

people weren't actually discussing fantasy football. you and junc started referring to stats as fantasy numbers as if they aren't real performance indicators.

anyway ... according to espn fantasy scoring for qbs 8 of the top 10 above were the same. replace romo and rivers with matt ryan and tannehill. the number of superbowls doesn't change.

Is there an active superbowl winning qb not in that list? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

#105 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I can't believe we're going into 2015 with Fitzpatrick on a bum leg and Geno Smith, I have to believe there will be another move.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is terrible, and now injured. How many teams has this guy played for, been replaced, and released? Is anyone really expecting to be anything but terrible for us?

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, win-loss stats apply to QB's too, which is why the entire football industry discusses QB's in terms of their impact on winning games.

You not only need to learn the game you need to get your head out of your ass and understand how the rest of the world analyzes and applies win-loss to QB's.

I'm not spearheading a revolutionary concept here. Just because you don't like that it is applied in how QBs are evaluated doesn't mean it isn't applied.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Fun thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. JetBlue

let's play a fun game at your expense.

when you google "nfl qb records as starter" what you get is multiple results on NFL QB's records as starters.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl qb records as starter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

now, according to your argument that win-loss isn't a stat that applies to qb's you would get the same types of results for every position.

so, let's google "nfl rb records as starter" and see what we get.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl rb records as starter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

NOTHING! no discussion on running backs in regards to wins and losses.

but I'm sure that's an anomaly. surely we can google "nfl wr records as starter" and we will get similar results as the QB search:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl rb records as starter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=nfl wr records as starter

holy fucking shit, no we don't! what the fuck is going on here. of the major offensive positions in the NFL, only QB is discussed in terms of wins and losses.

but surely we can find wins-losses applied to defensive positions.
    LB:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl rb records as starter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=nfl LB records as starter
    NOTHING. but maybe we need to search the actual word linebacker.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl rb records as starter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=nfl Linebacker records as starter
    no, that doesn't do it either! holy fucking shit!

of all the positions in the NFL, only QB is discussed in terms of wins and losses.

but, sure, win's and losses don't apply to QB's and QB's not evaluated in terms of their impact on wins-losses.

you not only don't know shit about football, you don't even know shit about how football is discussed. what a fucking embarrassment you are.

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

truly.

so yeah, hope Fitz can bring something to the team, I'm sure he'd be perfectly average should he starts which is all we could ask for in this QB market.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

And that's the key point. When they signed him I personally didn't know he was coming off of a broken leg. Which could mean another default to Geno. And a possible Garrard type situation. I guess Mac thinks he'll be ready for camp. I thought it was a good acquisition until I heard about that. We definitely need someone in camp with experience and who can play.

12. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

There must be something up Mac's sleeve for another QB. I just don't see how we build this roster over the offseason and settle for this QB tandem...

13. GuaranteedMemories

Maybe Hundley, Petty, or Grayson in the later rounds? Who knows

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

His career suggests that's exactly what will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

RYAN "PERFECTLY AVERAGE" FITZMAGIC :D

16. GuaranteedMemories

17. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Neither of them will be capable to starting this season

18. JetBlue

Hey, look, ESPN discussing QB win-losses. How is this possible, wins-losses aren't a QB stat. Espn must not know football.

19. GuaranteedMemories

Of c
    of course not but they can be given a chance late in the year if Injuries and more poor play occur

20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I don't think either of those qbs will even make good nfl qbs if I had to pick one it would be petty but he isn't to good