Ryan Fitzpatrick By the Numbers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

THIS.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

imo you do not understand QB's in the least.
    it's everyone's job to win games, but it takes an entire team to get it done. so the statement 'its a QB's job to win', is nothing but a fluff comment.

in terms of the bolded statement, i believe that is incorrect as well.
    if we are going to be competitive for the long haul, we have to invest in a new QB. But having Fitzpatrick here means we do not have to solely rely on Geno's improvement to be competitive in the short term, or immediately start some rookie who is not ready.
    you said it yourself, Fitz is a good bad team QB.....and now he's on a more talented team for the first time.
    there is a chance he could be a avg starting QB for us this season, like he was doing last season in Houston, and that would be a huge upgrade. We have not even seen avg for some time.

I'd be very surprised to see Geno win a starting job this camp, as he's not shown he can be a starting QB in this league.
    if he does, it means he will have shown vast improvements though, which wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Ben Had and srains like this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Can't wait til Geno runs circles around this clown in TC.

4. JACKSONVILLE JET

If this happens, it will be a cold day in hell.

5. max

max Active Member

I like the fitz signing.

Think he could give us recent alex smith gameplay (game manager).

But, I think this is the best offense he's ever played on . . . could have some short term upside.

My biggest problem is that he's never played in a market like this. A lot more pressure that I don't know he can handle.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Geno isn't capable of "running circles" around anything.

7. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

sure he is, the hash marks roughly 5-10 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

We need a QB...

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Fitz is garbage. I'd bet money he won't be our day 1 starter.

10. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

17-8 in 11 games sounds good but when you consider 6 were against a Titans team laying down for a hopeful no. 1 selection, 11-8 is just bad and no better than a Geno or a Hoyer. I hope Geno wins the job, if only because we need our QB to be better than a Fitzpatrick if we are going to go anywhere, and Geno has a better arm.

Is it true that Geno wasnt allowed to throw except to a designated target? That sounds even worse than the Sanchize's flash cards.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick or Geno? I pick door three.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This thread is pathetic, and now I see a comparison to Alex Smith.

We are desperate to convince ourselves that this bitch ain't ugly because the big mole on her face at least ain't sprouting hair.

legler82 likes this.
  13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I understand QBs better than 99% of people not connected w/ the NFL.

Fitz was on more talented teams than this one before probably including last year in Houston and he has never succeeded other than putting up some decent fantasy #s. That means absolutely nothing. I get it that most fans just want #s, I want wins. a guy throwing TDs in garbage time does nothing for me or for the team but it does confuse most fans into thinking a player is better than he actually is.

He is a decent backup QB in this league, nothing more. He's been on plenty of teams capable of competing.

14. WNYJetster

WNYJetster New Member

This is one of the silliest things I have read. Fitz gets credit for zero TD's against the Titans? No other QB even approached that against that same team. Do we then take away all the TD's for all QB's against inferior teams? Most top QB's beat up on bad teams and that's what makes their statistics so impressive. Oh, and the same terrible team the Fitzpatrick at least made competitive the year before. Yeah. That team. Finally, if you eliminate his best game, it is only fair to take out his worst as well (I think if you get rid of a six TD game, it would be reasonable to toss out his 3 INT game against the Giants, which would put him at 10-5). Toss in that he rushed for 3 more TD's (13-5), completed better than 63 % of his passes - a quite impressive number considering he was 3rd in the league in YPA, and finished 8th out of all QB's in rating....overall, I'd say the guy did pretty darn well.

#54 WNYJetster, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    max and PulseJet like this.
  15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When you're used to dating the fat ugly bitch the skinny ugly bitch seems smoking hot.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh. Smith Fans think the object is to play well in camp, and then shit the bed in real games when the record is on the line. Figures.

17. Big Blocker

You are purposely misreading the sentiment here. I haven't seen anybody "pro-Fitz" if you will who is saying anything other than that he's an upgrade over Smith.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No I'm not; you're ignoring the reason for the excitement that an average QB like Fitz who is at least not as bad as Geno will make this a good and winning team. that is ludicrous. average QB's don't win in this league. there is nothing to be excited about the potential of winning 6-8 games with Fitz rather that 6-8 with Geno.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe I'm missing something ... it sounds like your argument is that upgrading the QB position from bad to average will have no impact on winning games?

20. Big Blocker

Beat me to it. Sometimes with Blue it is rather hard to understand his drift.

Smith has lost games for the Jets. How is an upgrade to someone who will not do that unlikely to affect the overall record? It seems perfectly reasonable to expect the upgrade will improve the record.