Give it up for... Big Mac!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 10, 2015.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO if they do not win the SB end of this season, or next season or the season after that all those terrific grade means NOTHING :mad:

Diabolical_Jet_Fan likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The moves the Jets have made this year so far are all pointed at one result: sell tickets. They need to make several more very good moves or we are totally screwed (again.)

Revis is 30. Marshall is 31. They fit just fine with Mangold who is 31 and D'Brick who is 31. Those guys all fit into win this year or next. They don't fit into good roster long-term.

Geno Smith or a rookie QB don't fit with those guys. They're not ready to go yet. By the time they are ready to go it will be all over for 3 of the 4 guys above.

Put another way: we're watching the Jets be the Jets again. It's a wheel.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I know it's crazy to think but maybe you were dead wrong all along on the importance of the CB position and the new regime really values it. Thus grabbing the best player at the position was geared towards an attempt at winning football games and not selling tickets..

Big Blocker likes this.
  4. Br4d

Name the team that has won a Super Bowl recently with great CB's and a mediocre QB.

BTW, good job drinking the kool-aid. Glug, glug.

5. BrowningNagle

oh my god not this game again.
    interesting how before it was solely about the CB position before but now you add the "mediocre QB" qualifier...

nobody wins SBs with mediocre QBs, this team needs a QB. no SHIT.

Big Blocker likes this.
  6. Br4d

Without getting a QB the Revis move meant nothing at all. Other than selling tickets next year.

7. BrowningNagle

so they shouldn't make ANY moves to better the football team until they get the elusive franchise QB. Otherwise they are just trying to sell tickets

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mac is making a statement people.

First - He takes care of his own players (Mo has to be next though, I am sure they will look at his deal)
    Second - He trades for a elite WR
    Third - He reels the free agents in with the first two things...People are noticing it
    Fourth - He simply likes to get shit done Jets fans! It's in his gene

9. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Dude are you serious? There's no one available to get that's any good. The FA list sucks and we won meaningless games last year that probably will prevent us from getting Winston or Mariota. I don't know what you think the Jets are supposed to have done up to this point

10. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He's done an amazing job. Literally has brought in 4 new starters on the first day of free agency (and one is the best CB in the NFL and the other is one of the top 10 WR's in the NFL). If he can nail the draft (hopefully with Mariota) this team is going to be set up to win a lot of games this year...

NJBeliever likes this.
  11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

So incredibly wrong.

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Marshall I can't argue with. He's exactly what we needed and comes at a saving compared to Harvin. That's an A+ move all day. Revis is clearly the best out there and we offered him more money than anyone else. I can't call any GM a genius for doing that. Its a good move that undeniably makes us much better, but A+? Pats getting Revis last year for 12m, now that was an A+ signing, much as it pains me to say it.

I tend to think he's overpaid a bit for each of Harris, Skrine and Carpenter. They are all individually reasonable signings, but collectively great? I'm going to reserve judgement on this at the moment.

Mac's done well undeniably, perhaps even very well. I'm largely pretty happy with his moves. But largely pretty happy doesn't get an A+ from me least. If all go on to make a serious impact for us this season and beyond, proving they are worth their contracts then I'd be happy to revise the grade up.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I bet Mac and Bowles told Revis to speak with Cro

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

THIS is the next move he needs to make while they have cap space........ a SOLID guard or RT would be nice too :D

15. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Based on the money Peterson and Sherman got (BC that's all that matters), what would you have offered Revis?

16. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

The both got 14 and revis is better then both so he got to be paid as such

NJBeliever likes this.
  17. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

The only player I think you can make an overpay argument for is carpenter. Skrine is good and young and eliminates leaks in the slot. We need an elite secondary to play Bowles' scheme. And Mac is securing one. Without a back end our D means nothing (see the last 2 years).

You also have to factor in the TV deal. Every FA this offseason is getting more loot.

18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Thank you.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't think the Jets were #1 on any free agent's list (except maybe Revis) so that would force us to overpay a bit but now that Revis is here I think it will be easier in the future (not this year we are out of money) to attract people.

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Personally I thought yesterday around 14m each year was tops - think I actually said 13.5. With a stretch to 15 my limit. If he sees out 4/5 years then it is a good deal providing he doesn't lose too much. I don't think he will lose much, but I'm not sure if this is the case he'll be happy either. Its a good move, I've no problem with it. I just don't think it is an A+ one, considering what we're paying him. I guess I'm just a hard marker.