Connor Hughes: Jets Officially Agree to Bring Cro Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Nope. Cromartie came from Bowles' defense in Arizona. He knows the system and has played in it. Vastly different from a rookie coming out of the draft with no nfl experience. Cromartie is an instant upgrade over Milliner and has experience under our head coach. This is a great move. It eliminates our need at corner completely.

You have to understand the whole picture of having Darrelle Revis again. When Revis is on the field, as we all know, he rarely sees a pass his way. The opposing QB attacks the other side and keeps away from Revis. Would you want Milliner there or a guy like Cromartie? Bowles is heavily reliant on corners. With all the blitzing he does, he's gonna need guys who can play man to man and hold their ground. That's where Cromartie and Revis come in.

What this move shows me is that Mac is completely on the same page as Bowles. They are clearly working together. It puts the corner issue at rest and allows Bowles to focus on getting to the QB and not worrying about getting beat deep

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

We are. He hasn't sold his house and has raved about a return to ny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hopefully we've moved on.

4. BroadwayAaron

5. Falco21

He'll choose here. Back to where he loved playing. Loves playing under Bowles. Will play next to Revis again.

He'll be back

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. Falco21

Negotiations not over:

@BrianCostello
    Jets and Cromartie are not done negotiating. A deal still could get done. #nyj

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you can tell he wants to be here the most. it was between the Jets & Cardinals yesterday at 4:01PM and he said he would choose that night. The only reason its lasting to today is because he is trying to work on a deal with us, if he really was going to go to Arizona, he'd chose them already

Falco21 likes this.
  8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I hope this deal gets done. I'm happy with Cromartie having just come out of this system successfully, and the reunion with Revis would be fairly nifty.

9. Jason05

Jason05 Member

Let's do this

10. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Wonder how much he wants considering skrine got 6 mil per year and he's obviously better that's alot of money to tie into 3 cb

#130 nyjetsknicks247, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  11. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Cro is a nice player and an old fan favorite but I wouldn't mind it if he didnt come back. You figure Williams/Milliner have to be able to compete to be a competent #2.

Money on could be spent elsewhere, there isnt much left.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I wonder what the ramifications are if we just cut Milliner? Maybe they will try and move him to free up space and be done with him. This regime has no ties to him and no loyalty to him. Injury or not he's been an absolute bust and major disappointment outside of December 2013.

13. Falco21

Feeling on both sides is Cro really wants to be here. Expect a signing by this afternoon

14. BroadwayAaron

Boy I hope it's a small cap number. So many holes to fill and we've filled one after $25 mil spent.

15. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The major holes were defensive backfield and QB..half is finished and QB will be somehow before the season starts..there are no other glaring holes.

17. Falco21

Oh boy. I really hope so

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We could be in 2009 all over again. Draft Mariota on the 6 and throw him on the field. Play erratic ball all year and hope to get lucky at the end. Then in 2017 Mangold and D'Brick fall out of the picture, Revis declines, Ivory is ready for a rocking chair and the Jets are 6-10 and headed for 2014 all over again.

Life is a wheel if you let it be that way.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

such is the life of the NFL, players get old, players retire, etc...

Snatch Catch likes this.
  20. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

I feel like this is too shortsighted.

Dumping a young guy with potential, who showed flashes after learning a difficult position in a difficult system- then got injured. We would get chump change for him which we would then turn around and invest into an old (but good) CB after having already brought in two- one of which is getting paid the equivalent contract of a high level starting QB.

I just dont like the concept of pouring tons of money into one position as if we are ready to compete for a Superbowl right away, especially when considering we dont even have a future QB in place. Its unrealistic to expect us to fill all of our remaining holes in the draft- money needs to be spread around the team. CB is a pressing need, but not a signing 3 new starters need IMO.

I understand the cap is going to rise again next year, but we cant soak up tons of resources signing older players to positions we've already addressed sufficiently. If we continue with this it could effect our ability to sign young talented guy due for a payday (Wilk, Sheldon) and we'll end up EXACTLY where we were two years ago- missing our championship window with no cap space and waiting to shed bloated contracts of old declining players..

That said, I'm not complaining or trying to be negative, I think the Jets have done well so far in this FA period but overpaying Cro (which is at this point somewhat of a luxury signing) and giving up on Milliner who's had very little time to show his worth could prove to be a mistake in the future.

stinkyB likes this.