Jets sign Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

You're making an argument against somebody that doesn't ever concede anything, doesn't make rational arguments, and spends most of his time on this forum trying to raise hackles with controversial viewpoints.

Basically a troll. Don't waste your time with that fool.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm convinced you've confused me with someone else because now I don't even know what your idiocy is referring to.

3. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I've called Darrelle Revis a lot of things over the last 12 months

'Malcontent' is not one of those things.

jetsons and NYJalltheway like this.
  4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Are you replying to me? I'm not sure where your animosity could be originating. Possibly you have a paranoia delusion?

5. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Thanks for posting this! I got the t-shirt, and for another ~$4 I also ordered a Revis bobble-head. With the discount code, it's really cheap - I wonder how much higher the price will be in a day or two.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Well, they almost immediately yanked everything else Revis that had been on huge "discontinued" sale. For whatever reason, they left those shirts up - either because they're trying to clear them out, or because they made a mistake.

Every other version of the T-shirt that uses an active player is for full list price of $32.

Examples:
    Mangold - http://www.jetsshop.com/style/NFL-Eligible-Receiver-T-Shirt/20384183
    Geno - http://www.jetsshop.com/style/NFL-Eligible-Receiver-T-Shirt/20556143
    Milliner - http://www.jetsshop.com/style/NFL-Eligible-Receiver-T-Shirt/20556146

All full price. I'm inclined to think they just missed it.

7. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

OK. As a Pats fan it's safe to say Revis is a likely hall of famer, and a good, smart player who stays out of trouble and does his job well. I think the Jets actually got him for less than I would have anticipated, but not by much. New York obviously fits his personal brand well and will allow him marketing opportunities that he would never have gotten in New England. I'm not particularly sad that he's gone, he struck me as somewhat of a loner even though he's a sensational player. And I do like hearing about single players eating up as much cap space as they can.

I actually have a question for Jets fans, do you consider him the best Jets player of the last 10 years? 20 years? I'm curious where he stands in comparison some others for you guys.

Do you think he'll be the best corner in the league for 2015-17?

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Best Jet of our generation....Best Jet of all time if he can be part of a team where we win a ring. But in terms of elite level play and consistency he is the best Jet ever if he plays great again

9. SteveGrogan

He's nowhere near done. The first two years he should be solid. That third year gets iffy but he's only got 6mil guaranteed at that point. I think you guys are safe.

I can't lie I'm sad to see him go, but I understand it.

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I hope you guys realized why we liked Revis so much :)

11. SteveGrogan

Yeah of course, the pickup was ridiculous and honestly we wouldn't have this last ring without him. I firmly believe that. I really didn't expect him to stay though, Pats were probably never going to offer close to what the Jets did, although I'd expect they offered him a competitive number to stick around for 1 more year only.

The one thing that struck me was that he appeared to be somewhat of a loner. Not that he didn't get along with everyone and everything, he clearly did and is a class act. Just didn't appear to be magnetic in the locker room - and worse outside of it. I think that plus the price made BB say "forget it".

We need a hell of a rookie.... without TB, I'd call this year a rebuilding year. Maybe even with him.

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

In the history of the franchise? IMHO ...

First Tier:
    Joe Namath

Second Tier:
    Joe Klecko
    Larry Grantham
    Don Maynard
    Winston Hill
    Marvin Powell

Third Tier:
    Curtis Martin
    Kevin Mawae
    Al Toon
    Nick Mangold
    Mark Gastineau
    Darrelle Revis

Fourth Tier:
    Wesley Walker
    Wayne Chrebet
    Mo Lewis
    George Sauer
    Matt Snell
    Vinny Testeverde

13. Jets4eva9011

He might be one of those deep introverted type people.

14. SteveGrogan

This is a good list, I might bump Chrebet for Keyshawn Johnson. He was ridiculous when he was with the Jets.

15. SteveGrogan

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with him. He does the right things, says the right things, stays out of trouble... leads the defense.

The only bad thing he does is want to get paid. And it's tough to fault anyone for that.

Anyway, good pick up for you guys - congrats. Some people seem to be not so happy with him, but I would have taken Curtis Martin back in a second had we had the chance after he left.

16. Jets4eva9011

There's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but Revis does take it to a different extreme.

I think some aren't happy with him due to the price tag, and/or that he left to go to the Pats, won a ring, and now he's back.

17. SteveGrogan

'eh, I don't think he set it up to go to the Patriots, the situation just was there. Another way to look at it is he has Super Bowl experience under his belt. I didn't think the SB was one of his better games, I doubt that would happen again.

He definitely had no loyalty to the pats. He knew he wasn't going to get paid there, and they never give anyone a long term contract they can't immediately bail from. Patriots are just not the team you go to if you want to be paid.

18. Jets4eva9011

Oh, I don't blame Revis in this that much. I blame Idzik or Woody (or both) for allowing Revis to go to the Pats.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How much will he pay Adams for his number back?

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Might? That is a slam dunk.

Walker, Gastinueau, and Mawae are all at least one tier too low.