Jets 2015 Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This isn't true. He's looking for the most money and the two teams giving it to him will be New England or New York. You put too much thought into this.

Revis just came off a Superbowl win. He isn't spending his time "trolling" another team.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Just hold onnnnnnnnn I'm coming home.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Luckily New England is home for him now.

4. Jay Bizniss

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

6. Falco21

7. Jay Bizniss

His page is there though hidden... Im grabbing straws here man.. Play along.

8. Falco21

Lol

Some stupid intern getting excited haha

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

His "slights" are what fuels him. It bothers the shit out of him that the Jets could possibly pass on him, Revis Island. Nobody respects the legend of Darrelle Revis more than Darrelle Revis does. The Jets offended that legend and nothing will make him happier than to continue making the Jets miserable for years. All he wants is to be the highest paid CB in the NFL by $1. If NE offers that, anything the Jets offer won't matter.

People who believe Revis is only motivated by money don't truly understand him. He's not a mercenary. Revis is committed to the cause of Revis in all things.

10. Falco21

Lmao

Dude, you are making some big claims about something you know nothing about. None of us do.

Last season when Revis signed with New England, he wanted to return here. He openly said that he would have loved a reunion but signed with New England for the money and because of our moron ex GM. You're making these comments as if Revis has publicly admitted to what you are saying.

Revis is 1000000000% in it for the money. It has nothing to do with vengeance or wanting to consistently hurt the Jets. It has everything to do with money and who offers the most.

11. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Guy you think about this stuff way too much, there's no way you could know what his motivations are just like there's no way the other guy could either

12. BroadwayAaron

He didn't openly say anything. His agents floated that story and anyone who isnt in total denial knows his agents are scumbags.

13. xxedge72x

You just said I made a claim based on something I know nothing about, then immediately proceeded to make a claim about what his motivations are. I suppose you do know then?

14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Source: The Jets have expressed interest in safety Marcus Gilchrist. #NYJ looking for upgrades in the secondary. http://t.co/F8IyCyEhaD
    According to Mehta

15. xxedge72x

I'm stating my opinion, not claiming to know facts. I may very well be wrong about this, but I need to see something to believe it.

The way I'm expecting this to play out is that we get up to a full day about how the Jets are serious contenders for Revis, then out of nowhere he will have a deal finalized with NE. Then this board will erupt with people being upset with Maccagnan because of our cap space, and our need at the position, and all the things he could have and should have done, and then some extrapolations that were dealing with Idzik v2. This will be highly annoying because in my opinion, Revis is using the Jets for his purpose and there was never a chance to begin with.

If I'm wrong then so be it.

16. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

This could very well be, but the Jets, Mac and co have no choice but to play the game.....a game Idzik was unwilling to play. And yes, there will be people blaming the FO for it (same people that say don't even talk to Revis.)

It as least appears that Mac is at least getting involved in talks and doing what it takes to land the needed pieces. If he doesn't, it won't be for lack of trying or effort like Idzik.

My thing is at this point, if we DON'T land Revis where do we spend this money? After locking up Mo, bringing in Cro possibly, Spiller, back up QB and maybe a guard we still will have quite a bit left to spend. And thats assuming we get all those guys.

17. xxedge72x

Iupati would be a great signing for the Jets. Also if they really get into the situation where they need to spend more and have no one to spend it on, they could rework some contracts to be front loaded to provide more flexibility in the future. Locking up Mo should be a priority.

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

20. BroadwayAaron

Said it in the Ryan Mallet thread, but good let Hoyer go to Houston. That means we won't end up with the worst free agent quarterback on the market. Hopefully they cut Fitz and we bring him in. He would definitely beat out Geno, especially when you factor in the familiarity with the system.

NCJetsfan likes this.