Brandon Marshall to the Je ts, pending physical

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 6, 2015.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Read it and it's not marshalls fault the Bears own coaches point fingers at players. That team is dysfunctional in every respect and it's not because of Marshall. Easy to scapegoat Marshall when your own offensive coordinator shredded your quarterback public ally in unprecedented fashion. But totally, it's all Marshall.

As for this hack saying the jets are stupid. Why gamble on letting Marshall hit the market when he fits a nice price range and we'd of lost a higher pick had we kept harvin anyway.

The Bears lost a quality wide receiver not bc of Marshall but bc their locker room namely coaches were failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TurkJetFan

Really? He had them in the playoff race and was benched for Johnny bc of front office pressure.

3. TurkJetFan

There's really very little risk. This whole personality thing is way overblown.

chris5533 likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Even if the personality thing pans out, his only guaranteed money is this year. We can cut him after the season (or even mid season) and not have any future dead money and having lost nothing but a 5th rounder and $7.7 mil

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. TurkJetFan

Yup. This makes perfect sense and even more sense for us to draft his replacement at 6 should we stand pat there.

almbleamal likes this.
  6. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

He's been fine since he's been on the meds... The fit he threw last year was supposedly cause the bears sucked and no one cared n the team. I think he's gonna be a great deal for the jets, now we just need a qb that can throw the ball to him and decker.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

well thats good. I have real.y only seen him against Revis

8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Takes the receiving position out of the sixth pick.

9. TurkJetFan

Absolute worst cAse if geno starts he'll have weapons. I don't think he will, but just assuming the jets do nothing geno has a shot to succeed.

10. TurkJetFan

Not sure I agree. Marshall is 30. I'd draft his replacement at 6 for about 2 years from now should we stand pat at 6.

Exactly what the Bears did with Alshon.

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  11. chris5533

I thinks were gonna see cutler in a jet uniform also

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

The best part about this deal is that Marshall is a legit #1 WR, and will actually make LESS than the FAs available this year (who are not true #1s, and have lesser track records). Really great deal!

NCJetsfan and TurkJetFan like this.
  13. TurkJetFan

I suggested this months ago and was ridiculed. We may but depends what we have left money wise after addressing defensive side of the ball.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How long has it been since the Jets were in position to get a "sure thing" at QB in the 1st round? I think it's been since the Kenny O'Brien-Dan Marino days. Do you seriously possibly want to wait that long for the next one? I sure as heck don't. Those types don't come along very often. As of right now, there is not one QB who will be in the draft in either 2016 or 2017 that has had the 3 year career that Mariota has had, much less who will be a sure thing. Those types are usually anointed that way by their junior year, if not earlier.

Just because the Jets take Mariota and he has to sit for a year doesn't mean the Jets would be in the same position, either. For starters, Mariota has a MUCH higher football IQ, may be smarter overall, and has already been working hard to address his deficiencies like calling plays, footwork, etc. For another thing the Jets have an OC who is known for getting the best out of his QBs, and who utilizes a spread offense, thus that should greatly reduce the learning curve. When combined with his work ethic, leadership, competitiveness, and athleticism, I think that would greatly enhance Mariota's chances at developing at a MUCH faster pace than Geno.

hwismer and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

if you watch him, hes terribly inaccurate. He misses wide open receivers ALL the time. his completion percentage is garbage. Not trying to be a dick but anyone who wants Hoyer, has never seen him play. Heres something for ya, his career completion % is 2 points WORSE than Geno Smith. Hes hot garbage. He doesnt belong in NFL

16. chris5533

Me too and I know most hate the idea. I love it and it's worth a shot.

17. TurkJetFan

Hoyer is identical to Sanchez. He's good w a running game but not great otherwise. Hoyer is what he is.

Yet and still he was not benched for football reasons. He was benched for off the field reasons related to Manziel who clearly was not ready.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Wr corps looking nice. Marshall can ball, physical, big, mean, crazy.

Need offensive line bad

19. TurkJetFan

Depends what we have to give up. And now with Marshall id be careful of the locker room dynamic. It's certainly worth exploring that's for sure.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

numbers don't lie. Hes a bad QB. Im no Sanchez guy but Mark is wayyyy better than Hoyer. Hoyer had 3 games with a complete % in the 40s last year.