If Mariota is sitting at the Jets pick...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CJLang, Feb 12, 2015.

?

If Mariota is sitting there at the Jets pick you'd....

1. Pick him in a heart beat

2. Swap with Philly for their 1st (#20) another pick in top 4 rounds and Foles

3. Swap with any team with a top 20 pick, a 3rd or 4th rounder, and their next year 1st rounder

4. Would swap, but it would take more than the offers in the poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And how it is more likely than not that more and more NFL offenses are going to include more spread type options into their repertoire.

_

#641 JStokes, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

indeed...the script is already written. I can clearly see this scenario unfold.

3. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

If the Jets believe that MM has a chance to become a franchise QB, then they have to pick him. The only way I would trade this pick with MM being available would be if a team offered a Hershel Walker type of deal. If all the Eagles would be giving up is the scenarios listed in the poll, then I would laugh and hang up the phone.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!! You are effing clueless and wouldn't know a good QB prospect if he hit you between the eyes with a football. Keep making up shit and spouting lies. Maybe someone will believe you.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Truth hurts. I think he's a great kid - he's got a chance to make it no doubt, but that chance is very slim. Cam Newton despite his heroics, has won only 1 playoff game and he's breaking down by the year. RG3 was suppose to be the spread qb that broke through, but he can't operate within the pocket either.

#645 101GangGreen101, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  6. JStokes

Too funny and you're the Connor Cook fan.

Holy shit.

The truth must really hurt.

_

7. 101GangGreen101

I don't get what Connor Cook has to do with this conversation. This thread is about Marcus Mariota, stop with the damage control.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Production People!! Mariota had the best production I have ever seen in college football last year.. He scored 2 TDs minimum in every game last year.. He is a better version of Cam Newton coming out of school.

Will he have some growing pains in the nfl? Sure! But he will be a solid if not great nfl QB based on his football iq and athletic ability.

9. JStokes

You know exactly what Connor Cook has to do with this thread.

Stop with the deflection.

Own your bulllshit.

Just like I have.

_

10. 101GangGreen101

I'm not bullshitting - I want the next good QB as much as the next guy, I guess because I don't agree w/ you that I am bullshitting. Truth bomb was just dropped on this thread and now everyone is pissed off.

11. 101GangGreen101

Collegiate production does not carry over to NFL success. Otherwise, Timmy Chang would be the best QB of this generation.

12. JStokes

What "truth bomb"?

Bullshit made up by Bradway? The quarterback shitter? Bullshit you're eating up like a lapdog because it aligns with your agenda that we need to pass on a superior talented Mariota because an inferior talented inaccurate Cook has taken a few snaps from under center. As a player OLDER than Mariota?

Please post the links to where Bruce Arians said Mariota can't play in the NFL. At a high level.

Post them now or STFU.

_

13. JStokes

100% true.

_

14. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Comparing Mariota to Tim Tebow isn't a "truth bomb", it's pure stupidity and drivel .

To say that Mariota hasn't shown ANY traits that transtlates to the NFL is silly... a better arguement would question the consistency of his footwork, accuracy, and etc.

legler82 likes this.
  15. JStokes

So it's NOT a truth bomb?

I thought everything I have ever thought was a lie.

It's like when I finally found out the truth about Santa Claus.

Bradway and 101 killed the Easter Bunny too.

_

16. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

The most "pro ready " Quarterback in this draft threw four interceptions against a medicore Gators defense and he also threw three interceptions against Louisville..

He'll surely dominate the league, because he's "pro ready" right?

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Neither guy is worth the pick.

TO Bways point, Mariota was backpeddling by the third qtr. He hadn't ever faced adversity and when he did, he didn't handle it well.

If this was a team where he was going to sit for three years, (Like say we had lost Penny to injury and merited the 6 overall, but he was coming back...) that would be one thing.

But right now Mariota is not as good as advertised, and starting immediately for a team like this ensures that he never will be.

18. 101GangGreen101

I'm not all that interested in a QB coming from a spread offense - what Arians said is something I've always agreed on. What does age have to do with it? He's not Brandon Weeden. Next year, we may look to draft a QB, so simply we should look towards the QBs coming out next year.

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This very may well be the case, though I would love to have Cam Newton or Kaepernick on the Jets. Honestly, despite their downsides, I would trade the 6th overall pick for either of those Qbs in a heartbeat...especially if it were with a rookie salary.

If we are considering drafting Mariota at the 6, we have to look at his current value and his projected value but we also have to look at the opportunity cost to draft him. If we draft Mariota, we will be giving up 1 possibly blue chip prospect, someone who has a smaller chance of busting and a potentially higher floor... but someone who has much less upside given his position on the field (whether WR or OLB, etc.)

If Mariota busts, we waste a 6th round pick and potentially 2-4 years of poor Qb play (something we already have anyway). What we don't risk is a huge salary, which is a huge advantage compared to early picks a few years ago. Mariota at the 6 is a much better bet than Mark Sanchez in 2009 because he can't singlehandedly set the entire team back for half a decade. He simply won't cost us money if he isn't good, and we can move on quick enough if he busts (though admittedly our team will start him for at least 3 years before doing that, so I do understand your concern).

But that's the worst case scenario. What if he doesn't bust? When we think about drafting him, we just need to consider the opportunity cost. His upside outweighs it, IMO.

Br4d likes this.
  20. JStokes

No QB next year is anywhere near as talented as Mariota. Not even close.

That Cook has taken a few snaps from under center as a guy OLDER than Mariota is simply moronic as something to point to.

By the time Cook is draft ready (hopefully by that time he'll have completed over 59% of his passes in a college season) Mariota will be geometrically better than Cook in taking snaps from under center and drop backs.

Talent trumps a learned skill every time. Mariota can learn everything Cook can do.

Easily.

Cook cannot learn Mariota's talents.

_

NCJetsfan and hwismer like this.