Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko I hope you are wrong,,,,,,and FJF stay on top of things because it looks as if you are getting extra playing time with Jay on the shelf although I wish one of us would hear from him !
    I hope we get 3 more storms but I will gladly take 1 ,,,,,I think I might take your advice and take the kids tubing,,just in case we are done with snow !

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

GG is probably right. Temps start climbing, Monday's snow might turn to rain. Wednesday's looking like all rain and we will be above freezing most of next week. If course its only feb 27 and we could get one more big storm, its just not on the horizon yet

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Paging the gang green wether guys you have a call on line 1,,,,,,,ok so I just saw the local Rockland weather and they say 2 to 6 Sunday and moderate snow,,,,,,,,hmmmm ? They also day storm tuesday to Thursday needs to be watched,,,,,double hmmmmmmmm

4. FJF

Just saw they are calling 3-6 overnite sunday to monday. Surprised its that high but i will take it. As for the midweek storm. Really think its all to mostly rain. Just seems to warm

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjf,,,ever been to Thomas bull park for tubing ?we are thinking thinking of heading there,,,,,ps for those who want to know still zero word from Jay

6. FJF

is that the one on i84 around Middletown? If so, my daughter was out there last winter with her cousins. Said its a good time

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes,,,,,it was a lot of fun,,not crowded at all today kids had a blast,,,,,,that said the local weather up here says 3 to 6 for Sunday with 8 in some spots,,,,,we shall see

FJF likes this.
  8. FJF

might go next week if we are not in Binghamton.
    As for the storm. I just don't thinknits starting as early as they been saying. Probably totally off but its what i see.
    I will be watching the radar, post whdn the snow starts by you.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF,,stay on top of this Sunday as I really hope we get more than advertised and that I can get one more 3 day weekend out of this ,,,lol
    As for the tubing tomorrow is the last day of the season for them, they shut own ,,,better call and check that out but that is what we were told ,,,,,,,,,,

10. FJF

Damn, thanks C, thought they stayed open as long as they can,
    there's always next year.
    This storm needs to wrap around and fill in a dry spot around 9pm tonite. If it does we get the high numbers. Last storm didn't do that, so lets see

11. FJF

Snow started an hour and a half ago. roads are frozen so they are covering quickly. Radar showing its going to be a while. I might have underestimated this one

12. Marshall76

Marshall76 Member

Everything ok w/Jay?

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF,,,,,FYI not doing anything here, been flurrying off and on all morning but zilch here,,,,,,let us know what you think, kids want to go sledding at the local school and you know I am looking for a Monday home from work...lol

Marshall no word from Jay

14. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Light snow on the North shore of Long Island for the last hour. Like FJF, cold ground so it's sticking. No accumulation to speak of yet. I have a statistics midterm tomorrow that I'm dreading so I'm hoping for lots of snow. Spring break is next week, so I'll have lots of time to study because this is a Monday only class.

15. FJF

Just came back from the big hill in Rhinebeck. About 1/2 fell so far. Cbg, you have to be seeing snow now.
    F.M. i think you better study. Even If we hit the high numbers, and you could see 6" its not going to come down fast and its going to clear out very early in the a.m. road crews should have no problem keeping the roads clear

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF,,,,been crawling around my attic for the last hour or so and yes coming down,,,,not sure when it started but sticking everywhere ,kids were already outside playing on the lawn on snow boards and tubes,,,,,,,,,,keep me posted snow guys,,,,,Jay we miss you buddy

#8936 CBG, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Been coming down here in Northern Bergen County since about 2:00. Probably about 1 inch of fresh snow. Flakes getting bigger.

WTF is with Jay?

_

18. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

I've been studying, but I can wish can't I? I'm sure if anything we'll have a delayed opening that doesn't help me at all since my class is later...
    C'mon snow!

FJF likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We have 2 plus inches here,,,,coming down at a decent clip,,,,,,

20. FJF

Hole in the storm coming in 2 hours. If it fills in we go above the predictions, otherwise 2 hours of no precipitation and we end up on the lower end