If Mariota is sitting at the Jets pick...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CJLang, Feb 12, 2015.

?

If Mariota is sitting there at the Jets pick you'd....

1. Pick him in a heart beat

2. Swap with Philly for their 1st (#20) another pick in top 4 rounds and Foles

3. Swap with any team with a top 20 pick, a 3rd or 4th rounder, and their next year 1st rounder

4. Would swap, but it would take more than the offers in the poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I am in the do not draft mariota camp. But I do not doubt that he could be capable of becoming a very good QB. We have seen Geno. Geno does not learn from his mistakes. That does not mean Mariota will not learn from his mistakes. And all QBs make mistakes. I have seen Brady and Rodgers throw shit INTs even though they are seasoned vets. I just feel that our pick at the 6 should be as close to a sure thing as possible

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/mariota-must-be-a-jet.82390/page-13#post-3117699

#562 legler82, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. lockgang

lockgang Member

Why, Boomer. He likes Mariota but doesn't want him to fall to us.

4. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

As stated in a previous thread:

@@@@@@@@

I believe this might be a smokescreen. The Bucs new OC has ties to Oregon and the type of system that is run there.

footballfundamentals, Wednesday at 2:46 PM Edit Report
    #29 Reply

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't wait for the tards to start referring to Winston as a running QB because he's black.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Those are picks in the NFL. They weren't picks in college. Same story for Geno who would throw to Steadman Bailey if he had a man sitting in his back pocket and count on him to come down with the ball. Same thing.

Making bad throws will always come back to bite you once you're in the NFL.

It doesn't matter if the bad throw is to a guy who is covered or if it is to the right spot when you can plainly see the receiver is not going to be there.

The first case, Geno's, involves throwing the ball to a spot where you think the catch can be made despite coverage. Bad throw in the NFl but fine in college if your receiver is better than the guy covering him, which Bailey was most of the time.

The second case, Mariota's, is just a terrible throw. If your guy isn't going to be there you shouldn't be throwing the ball in the field of play. That's a pick in the NFL. That's all Frost was saying, and he was saying it in public which suggests strongly that his private messages to Mariota weren't getting through.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Wait, he's black?

_

8. JStokes

What a speculative load of horseshit.

_

legler82, hwismer and lockgang like this.
  9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Koetter was at Oregon in 96-97 which was a decade prior to Chip Kelly coming there in 2007. He's run pro style offenses all the way back to his time at Boise State. He has never run the type of system that Kelly brought to Oregon.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Just another blatant shot at the Jets by Norman...the same vain as his take on Frank Reich possible hiring....Because Boomer was once a QB here twenty years ago....and the Jets are just a horrible franchise....Boomer, the reason yourself, Sanchez, and Geno were/are criticized for your QB play is because you all fucking suck...and btw...your head is the size of a billboard ...holy shit what fivehead on this guy

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks Boomer for that worthless self serving input. I presume by his shallow monologue that after years of changes and a brand new FO/CS Boomer expects the same circus as under Rex's tenure.

Then again..Who is he blaming? The only common denominator over the last 20 years are the fans and the media, so if he is implying that one of those two or both is the problem he might be pointing the finger at himself.

Damned...he might be right after all

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/02/marcus_mariota_can_play_for_any_team_not_just_the.html

With this article's help, I think I've finally figured out why some Jets fans don't like Mariota...they're misanthropes. LOL

13. JStokes

legler82 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would glady take Winston
    How many of those 800 completions were screens / Behind the LOS? There isn't much tape out there in regards to him making those throws and again, if you go back to the NC game - you will see that was fully evident.

Gruden sounds like he's drunk to me.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can't take Gruden's opinion seriously at all. He loves EVERY player. Especially QBs.

about Geno Smith in 2013:

"I think he's as complete, from a versatility standpoint, as there is anyone in this draft," Gruden said. "He can run 4.55. I've seen him drive the ball accurately down the field. I've seen him throw the ball with touch and accuracy, make quick decisions, and I've seen him be dominant at times.

"I credit Geno Smith with not only being productive, but I think his skill set is very versatile. I think he's going to adapt nicely to any system you want to run." ENDORSED AS NO. 1 overall pick in the draft!

sounds ridiculously close to what he said about Mariota. He just repeats the same shit.

There's countless other examples of his ball hugging as well. Watch a MNF game. He loves everyone. his opinion is shit to me

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. JStokes

Most of them--probably like 700.

I can't actually recall him making a throw into a tight window.

Ever.

_

17. JStokes

While that may be true, I didn't make my sarcastic post to agree with Gruden's overall assessment of MM, just pointing out his very specific comment about throwing in to tight windows.

There are folks here who have said he can NOT throw into tight windows even though I've seen him do it in every game I've ever seen him play.

Gruden agrees with me and disagrees with those that say he can't.

Maybe Gruden is bullshitting but I'd put more weight on his word than on someone's word on a message board that doesn't have the volume of tape and ability fully understand what they are watching like Gruden does.

_

18. 101GangGreen101

Smart comments such as these make me believe you are stuck in the quicksand buddy.

My point about him and tight windows has been established a long time ago.

19. 101GangGreen101

And I will put more weight on what Bruce Arians said about spread QBs over someone's word on this message board.

20. JStokes

Nothing has ever been established anywhere other than in your mind because you don't like the player and you'd prefer Cook.

_