Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I'll take the other side of that bet.

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

If anyone here thinks that Belichick threw Brady under the bus, that they didn't talk about this extensively prior to his press conference, and that they aren't hyper-aware of who was going to speak when and say what, you are 100% wrong. This is all going according to the way they want it to - there is nothing about this that is uncoordinated.

rammagen and FlaJet like this.
  3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I'd go so far as to say they might purposely try to drag this out now... to see if it's a distraction to the Seahawks.... or demotivating to them.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

80% of the dudes in Hitler's bunker were with him right up until he shoosted himself.

_

5. SteveGrogan

You said shoosted but you must have been trying to spell....

what were you trying to spell?

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I think Brady is going to take the fall at 4pm. He will get a small fine and the heat goes on. Bb knew about it though and he did throw Brady under the bus to take the fall. The question will remain for how long has Brady been playing with deflated footballs.

It's either that or he claims he had no idea were he will get pounded with questions concerning the fact that he handles the football in every snap; and there will be full scale investigation on why 11 AFC championship balls were flat from the New England side.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Soooooo...a Brady less Superbowl ?????

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

8. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

i would rather have that and still have belicheat coaching. BB is nothing without Brady IMO.

mute likes this.
  9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Shoosted.

It's from Austin Powers: Gold Member.

I am very meticulous with my spelling, syntax, grammar and punctuation.

Unless I've been drinking.

_

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's worse for the Pats if Brady did this or ordered it to be done without input from Belichik. That would suggest the entire Patriots organization fosters an attitude of not caring about or adhering to the rules when a competitive advantage is involved. That's what really tars the franchise moving forward. That coaches and players are willing to cheat to gain the edge and that they've done so on multiple occasions.

Belichik should have stood in front of the bullet on this one. That's what would have given the Pats a little bit of cover if it went wrong. It's just Darth Vader who is the issue, not the Empire.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/22/brady-addressed-deflategate-with-teammates-today/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said on Monday that talk of the team purposely deflating footballs is “ridiculous.” But today Brady felt the matter was serious enough to address it in a team meeting.

NBC News reports that Brady addressed his teammates behind closed doors today, telling his fellow Patriots that he prefers the football “a certain way.” Brady also urged everyone to stay focused on the Super Bowl.

If the “certain way” Brady likes his footballs is to be inflated to less than 12.5 psi, and if Brady either deflated footballs to less than 12.5 psi or asked someone else to deflate footballs to less than 12.5 psi, then he was breaking NFL rules.

If fucking Michael Pineda can get thrown out of a game for Pine Tar then TOM FUCKING BRADY CAN BE SUSPENDED FROM THE SUPER BOWL.

I knew it, the QB has the most knowledge on this...I am very positive this cocksucker deflated those balls against the Ravens in that comeback

Cheaters gon' cheat

12. SteveGrogan

Of course he had the balls deflated. I don't even think anyone disputes that... the question now is if the refs noticed it during their inspection. It sounds like they didn't and although they say they did the league can't prove otherwise.

And that's the avenue for this to all go away by tomorrow forever.

13. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I think bill knows all about balls
    If true the it is time to pay the piper 11 out of 12 balls. I had people at work tell me it was the weather and everyone does it.
    I told them go try tell the cop that gives you a ticket for speeding that. Every one speeds right? So that is the justification now

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

So it might look like its time for the second coming to step up in place of Brady come Superbowl time. Yikes!

If he lights it up against seehawks we could have another decade of BB winning division. But of course this is just me rambling....

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

15. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

This will never go away.

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i hate beli-cheat as much as anyone else, but im inclined to believe that this was something done by brady without the knowledge of billy boy.

think about all of the motivations here. bills legacy is tied to brady sure, but he definitely has a big enough ego to think that he will have success with the next man up at QB not named tom brady.

if you look at it from bradys perspective, he is aging and only has a few years left. he made a championship game but the weather is bad and he cant grip the football like he used to. that extra edge could be enough to ensure he has a solid performance and the weather is not a factor for him and his offense. this could be his last chance to win a superbowl and he wants to go out with that 4th ring badly

of course, theres the chance that they both feel this is their last chance etc, but i think i believe that belli had no knowledge and it was brady that had the balls deflated.

just sayin, theres a lot more riding on it for brady than bill. plus, the pats d has been good this year and bill being a defensive guy probably felt confident going into the game that his d could hold in the poor weather and they could run it down indys throat.

how great would it be if brady was suspended for the superbowl? haha oh man im getting giddy just thinking about it.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How does this thread have 49 pages? What could you guys have talked about for that long? :D:D:D

18. SteveGrogan

I think that represents some seriously wishful thinking.

19. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I know. I started laughing when it was asked and he didn't know what to say.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It was already verified yesterday that the refs verified the PSI prior to the game. So now you're going to throw out what was already reported? All to feed your desire for this to go away? Stick with reality son.

#980 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.