Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

who cares?

2. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Quarterback, equipment manager, officials, ball boy, coach.

Who knows.

That's why the findings need to be posted.

Relevant and missing information:

What PSI did the Colts' balls start at and under what conditions were they inflated?
    What PSI did the Patriots' balls start at and under what conditions were they inflated?

The Colts' balls were found "still legal" according to Gerry Austin, not sure where he got that from, he's been retired for 7 seasons.
    The Patriots' balls were found "at 11 PSI", is that the number for all 11 in question? Was it an average? An estimate? Important to know.

If the Patriots's balls were filled under ideal conditions to cause them to pass the minimum requirements they could easily deflate on their own.

The Colts balls are potentially filled similarly to how Rodgers like his, overinflated. (This is 100% speculation, simply a theory)

Does it work that if a ball is filled cold it will maintain its PSI longer under cooler temps? I don't have a clue. I'm throwing ideas out there like everyone else is.

Did both the Colts' and Patriots' balls deflate at similar rates after testing? If one starts out at the legal limit, it is obviously going to be illegal by the time halftime rolls around. One starting at the maximum limit is less like to be so.

Biggest question is how does one not get caught deflating footballs infront of hundreds of cameras, thousands of in stadium individuals, and millions watching on TV? The balls aren't given back to the teams until a few minutes before kickoff.

3. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

My appologies, I scrolled through his timeline earlier and never saw it, but he has a ton going on right now. Simply missed it.

4. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

I heard from manish that bill belichick goes to elementry schools in boston and pays little kids skylanders and pokemon cards to pee in cups, so that gronk can roid up before big games...

5. One eye

One eye Member

Thanks buddy. I have noticed that - soooooooo different. its like jet heaven lol.

6. One eye

One eye Member

You heard that too?

7. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

.... so its not brady its gronk with the deflated balls...................

8. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I fast forwarded through all this talk on Sportcenter because I couldn't care less! Everybody knows Belichick is a cheater, he cheated before and most likely just did so again. The league is not going to take the Pats out of the super bowl and replace them with the Colts, so WHO CARES?! (the only thing this might do is cause the league to dismiss Kraft's tampering charges against us since they just cheated themselves. that would be a good result!)

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No worries, I forgive you

10. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

Former NFL official Gerry Austin said he believes someone purposely let the air of out those footballs.

"My understanding is all 12 balls were under the 13 pounds (per square inch), but 11 of them were more than two pounds under the 13 pounds," he said on the "Mike & Mike" show on ESPN Radio on Wednesday morning. "I take away from that, somebody has let some air out of the balls. Do I have knowledge of whether they did or not? Both teams balls were brought in at halftime to my understanding and all 24 balls were checked. The Colts balls were still up to 13 pounds and the Patriots balls were not."

The Colts balls were still up to 13 pounds and the Patriots balls were not."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...iots-deflated-footballs-in-november-1.9829583

[​IMG]

Axel3419 likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

couple thoughts on this..

1) they've been doing this all year, and maybe for longer. The Colts weren't suspicious for no reason. it didn't make a difference against the Colts in the AFCCG, but how many close games have they won in the elements? did it make a difference there? i think it did, or they would not risk doing it in the playoffs against an inferior team.

2) Brady obviously knew they were doing this, but yet smugly laughed off the accusation as ridiculous. He is Belichicks puppet, and has inherited his trait of thinking he's beyond reproach. it's arrogance, and that fake laugh reeked of it. really can't stand the guy.

3) the refs touch the ball every play. How the fuck do they not notice it?
    The Colts ball boy knew immediately after he got his hands on one, but the refs do not detect it? this point baffles me more than anything. do they just keep their heads in the sand?

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Breaking News!!!

Bill Belichick cheats and Tom Brady likes soft balls.

In depth coverage tonight at 6!

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Bellishit should have the same chance to be elected to HOF that Arod does.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The balls are given back to the team after inspection.
    Give it up, you got caught cheating again.

15. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

There are refs currently laughing about this
    There's another ref going around laughing about it saying these complaints are made all the time but this one is reaching the news only because it's the patriots... and he feels they were probably this way from the beginning.

So we'll see.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

the bold made me chuckle

#maturity

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Link?

_

18. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Ugh... he has a greek name... let me see if I can find it.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

155 pages of justification, rationalization and gnashing of teeth at patsfans.com.

This is very disrespectful to Myra.

Quinnenthebeast likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.