New Regime Tells it like it is

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by One eye, Jan 20, 2015.

1. One eye

One eye Member

I have to say, after watching the interviews on the nyj site (can't post links yet), it seems that Mikey Mac and Bowles tell it how it is. No 'coached' responses or hyperboles. Just straightforward talk.

Kind of refreshing....now hopefully they are good at what they do as well.

What are your pre-press conference Impressions?

2. Sixto

Sixto Member

Yeah, those videos were great. Both spoke well and were real.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Excited for the presser

IDFjet likes this.
  4. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Wasn't it refreshing to see your coach speak intelligently and not act like an ass for the cameras and make stupid jokes for the press in an effort to win their hearts? I certainly did.

5. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Loved Bowles last line: "speaking to the fans won't get them excited, we have to play tough smart football and show them production."

Now, I'm almost certain that wasn't a dig at Rex, but it seems to highlight just how different Bowles is from Rex (and I loved Rex but this change was needed).

74, Pocket Jet and Brook! like this.
  6. Sixto

Sixto Member

Yep, the circus is gone, though I did like Rex mostly.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Whole Quote: "Get ready. We are going to play some smart, tough football. We are going to do everything we can to get a championship here. I don't think speaking to them (Jets Fans) gets me anything or gets them anything. I think its production on the field, I think its work ethic and I think its production." -New York Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles.

Love it!

8. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Loved Bowles' interview, but was really impressed with Mac's. 4 minutes of talk does not a GM make, but there was a certain level of calm, confidence and the feeling that he actually knew what he was talking about when discussing responsibilities that has me excited for the season, more over, free agency and the draft. Brownie points for these two interviews.

almbleamal likes this.
  9. One eye

One eye Member

+1 - big difference, and i agree completely. I loved Rex, but ever since his BUF new conference, I'm kind of refreshed by the change.

10. One eye

One eye Member

Wasn't it refreshing to see him actually think about the question, and then answer it to the best of is ability. Straightforward and you can see the work ethic involved by his responses.

SyracuseJet likes this.
  11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Very impressed. No nonsense guys. Mac seems like he knows exactly where he wants to take the team, personnel wise. I am also convinced Bowles will bite somebody's head off whenever he has to.

12. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Wait until Mehta and Cimini start twisting their words around...you'll start seeing more 'coached' responses. I'm not sure these guys have seen the NY media before.

themorey and The 1985er like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I was impressed with both of them, straight forward, low key, tough but fair, no BS, no bold promises, just facts. I personally think they will be less likely to fall into the typical traps they will be facing when in front of a mic and be less incendiary with the NY asshole media.
    Something tells me the best players will play, and each will be put in the best position to be successful. No more old buddy system, nor change the players to fit the system, and a lot more focus to improve the game play and bring in talent to fit our strengths.
    Having said that, getting along with Metha and to a lesser extent with Cimini should by no means be considered a measure of success, in fact much to the contrary.
    The final measure of success will sustained winning, and the best indicator early on is when the team is well prepared and ready to give it all on any given Sunday.

14. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

where can i see these?

15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Good stuff- just do your job, coach hard, don't pander to media and fans, and win

Fuck stats, fuck hyperbole, fuck false bravado, fuck rankings

Just improve and WIN

16. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Ditto. Please post a link. Tyvm.

17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exactly. Bowles could give a straight response/answer and they'll still find something to twist around or make up speculation smh.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't think they give a shit.

As weird as that sounds, I don't think they do. Both have an attitude that is all business and not about headlines and dumb comments. I think Mehta and Cimini are in for a rude awakening. They will attempt to twist their words, but I think it is only a matter of time before they realize that neither Bowles nor Maccagnan give a shit what they post or say.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What a breath of fresh air.