CJ Spiller?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I doubt Spiller is going to get over 5 mil per season. On a short term deal. Not sure about Vereen. Belichick is not going to overpay him. He'll just get someone else like even a similar player like Powell. NEP doesn't usually overpay for skill position players.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tom Brady has been on the injury report his entire career. Does that make him injury prone?

Why don't you look at his average per touch instead of per season since he was under used?

3. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I'd rather spiller but ya not for top money
    He complements ivory better but knowshon would be alright probably cheap since he was hurt last season

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  4. nyjetsknicks247

He has also split time with Fred Jackson his whole career who is no bum and been on a shitty team

The one year he got significant touches he put up good numbers

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Never made sense to me that Jackson started over Spiller. But that was Chan Gailey so ...

6. nyjetsknicks247

I don't see spiller as an every down back

And Jackson is pretty good rb also

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Spiller would be a sick addition (great hands out of the backfield), Moreno would be good too. Either one of the those running backs should be acquired.

8. joykilla

joykilla Member

Guys are fooling themselves if they think Rex is gonna give up CJ or let him go to any other team. Dude is enamored with running backs, has never had a talent like him, and has a hard on for Clemson guys since his son plays there.

Next Option.

9. nyjetsknicks247

Fuk Rex

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Got it.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And since when does Rex dictate where Spiller goes?

He's set to be a free agent. He chooses where he goes and he's going wherever the money is. I don't give a shit how much Rex loves the guy. Unless he's willing to beat out another team with money, Spiller will end up where the biggest contract is.

Not to mention both Brandon Spikes and Jerry Hughes will be free agents also. Knowing Rex, he'll want to hang on to those guys more than CJ Spiller. Tough task to keep all 3

12. Falco21

If it were me, it really is a no brainer.

The Bills haven't won a playoff game in 15 years. Do people honestly think Rex Ryan is the savior? So let's think logically. If I'm Spiller, not only am I thinking of going elsewhere, but I am also looking to max out my money.

In come the Jets. A team with a ton of money that needs to be spent, has an entire new front office in place, a smart dedicated coach, and a chance to be reunited under the same guy who gave me my best year of my career.

Personally, it's a no brainer. Obviously all dependent on the Jets giving him the contract he's looking for. I see no reason for him to stay in Buffalo other than money.

13. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Bills have sort of a trend of letting good rbs go to other teams to continue their success. But really Spiller agents will play the Bills and Jets against each other and it's not worth in a draft with so many good backs available for cheap.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Other than that the Bills are a better team than us and are closer to the playoffs than we are.

If he comes to the Jets its because of the money.

_

15. joykilla

joykilla Member

How is Revis the same thing? One strangled the team and GM and had the owner tell him to piss off. Rex im sure had some terms and ideas when he came to buffalo and I just don't see them letting CJ slip away.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

for RB's especially, it has to be about the money. not too many of them get a third contract.

If we could get Spiller for a comparable 4M price we paid CJ, that would be a sound move.
    Spiller might be able to do what we hoped Johnson could do.....contribute on third downs, and provide another passing threat.

17. Falco21

I only believe that to be true right now.

The Bills have very close to the same situation we have. Good to very good defense. Terrible quarterback. And good running game.

I think it all falls on how we use our draft picks and who we spend on in free agency. If we sign a top tier corner and Milliner or McDougle pan out, we suddenly have one of the best defense in the league again. If we add a receiver like Thomas, we easily have the better receiving group.

I think it all falls on money and Gailey. Familiarity with the system and precious success in it.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm sure Rex will have plenty of input on the roster but some things will be out of his control. Retaining a free agent looking to make his last big pay day may be one of them.

19. Falco21

Well that's another interesting point.

How do we know Chris Johnson can't be what Spiller was in Gaileys offense? Similar type back. Quick, agile, and thrives on the perimeter.

It's a tough move. Chris Johnson could thrive under new coaching and has proven success year after year with no injury history at all. Spiller has had one really amazing year and has been average every other year. He has also dealt with a couple injuries.

So the question is, do you let Johnson play out the end of his contract and see what he does, or do you let him walk and sign Spiller?

20. nyjetsknicks247

Let's hope Rex has plenty of input because we no their offense will be horrible theb