Are we better off now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Jan 14, 2015.

?

Are we better off now?

1. Yes, Maccagnan, Bowles, and Gailey are the dream team we need to succeed

84.1%
  2. No, Idzick, Rex, and Marty had a plan and we should have been patient

15.9%
  1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I guess the most positive thing that comes out of these two hirings is that both guys are from New Jersey. It's one thing to go half way across the country and screw up, but if you screw up in your back yard it's something else entirely.

For those nostalgic for Rex (and Idzik), I can only say that the Buffalo game in Detroit sealed the deal for me. For a team coming off a big upset, a bye week, playing a team that had to give up home field advantage and then give a performance like the one we witnessed, is inexcusable and can only be laid at the feet of the coaching staff.

NYJetsO12, VaBchJet and TonyMaC like this.
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Rex was horrible after the bye week. Add in his awful head to head record against Miami. These were big problems.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Love the direction we're heading with a lifetime personnel guy like Mac cleaning house and forcing Woody to allocate more resources into the scouting department, Bowles will be a good HC in my opinion, a little disappointed about Chan Gailey but I'll give him a fair chance to prove me wrong.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Where is the third option:

"This will not be any different from the four previously failed inexperienced DCs we hired"

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Don't know the GM but him being personnel guyis a plus I think.

I also think Bowles was a nice choice.

I think the Jets took steps in the right direction.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I think it was a necessary move if we are going to improve the team and we sure need to. Bowles seems like a good hire and I am looking forward to some moves in the off season.

7. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

The GM being a personnel guy makes him an upgrade over Idzik, and Bowles appears to be the right hire based on what I've seen.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Run any poll you want but this "Dream Team" talk is a steaming pile of horseshit. Where does that come from?

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I-D-I-O-T

10. Ralebird

Unless on February 5, 2017 Ryan stands on one sideline and Carroll is on the other.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I honestly think our plan will be the same as the one I perceived Idzik to have. I guess Woody is hoping having the FO/HC on the same page and timeline and that this new crew will execute better. I don't see us going out and being the winners of FA. I see us following a conservative type plan still. It's the smart one, in my opinion, when you don't have a QB

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

After the miserable season we just went through, what is wrong with trying to be positive?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. James Hasty

Mangold gets it.

Here is a quote from CBS News:

New York Jets Nick Mangold on Rex Ryan's firing: "We're in the business of winning, 4 and 12 is not winning...changes had to be made."

14. Ralebird

Positive is fine; trite and pretentious, not so much.

15. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

About the last point- the Falcons probably looked like the best spot for him; he could turn them into a legit contender, but I don't see that happening with the Bills.

I could still see him being reasonably successful in Buffalo, though. Rex had lots of initial success with the Jets as a defense and run oriented team, and it sounds like that's his plan with the Bills. He seems horrible at developing QBs, and that should worry Bills fans in the longer term.

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

While I am sure they all loved Rex, Mangold has got to be fed up with the pathetic offenses on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

And playing next to 2 shitty guards

18. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Mangold is a great player, no doubt, but talk about "politically correct" bullshit....if Rex was still his coach, Mangold would be talking about how 4-12 is not a good indication of the talent on this team, and that the team is headed in the right direction despite our record....now that Rex is gone, he's just trying to say the right thing with a new coach, careful not to say anything that would suggest that Rex should not have been fired (even though, reading between the lines, what Mangold didn't say says it all, he's saying the bare minimum, not wanting to say anything bad about Rex directly.

...in other words, nothing to see here, just PC nonsense.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

personally i do NOT like the chan gailey OC bullshit......woody has been thru hackett, schottenheimer, sparano, and marty - and got an earful about every one of them from the fans and media. is he really stupid enough to rubber stamp this hire of a retread....did he not learn that perception is also very important and even 1 blemish this offseason will get the fans on edge. i can definitely see him getting replaced this time next year.

20. James Hasty

Maybe, just maybe he is calling it like he sees it.

If I played on the Jets offense I would be pissed off that Rex used his last sic consecutive first round picks on defensive players.

Most former first rounders like Mangold did not lose all that much before coming to the NFL.

I could see why he got tired of Rex.