CJ Spiller?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Found this article by Mehta about CJ Spiller,CJ Spiller put up his best carrer numbers under Gailey so if he is to be our OC that would be a good match even CJ said so himself.Ivory and Spiller ?That could put our running game over the top he's only 27 still has some good years left and he's a free agent.I feel like we need to make this happen cut Chris Johnson and bring in Spiller..behind this o line that could be one of the best RB tandems in the league.It also seems like he really likes Chain Gailey and sounds like he wants to be a Jet

[​IMG]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-spiller-good-jets-gailey-article-1.2080522

Axel3419 likes this.
  2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

It's a good idea, but I think CJ stays with the Bills.

He's already made it clear how much he loves Rex Ryan and Rex loves his RB committees. The front office will pay up the money for Spiller to stay there.

I'm all in on Ivory as well. And while Chris Johnson had a disappointing year, I think he could be better utilized in this new regime with Chan Gailey. Chan has a specialty for getting the ball to guys in the open field..

RB was not the problem last year. I'd even go so far as to say that the WR position wasn't either. It all comes down to QB play. Geno isn't the answer and I think this new regime will be looking for another QB. I've heard a rumor going around (by IBN) that the Jets want to trade for Mike Glennon. I really hope this isn't true since it would be a more than underwhelming addition.

I would settle for Jack Locker or Ryan Mallet. I would love for them to draft either Mariota or Winston if they can get their hands on either of those guys.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Robert Woods, yes. CJ, no.

4. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

legler82 and Red Menace like this.
  5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Apparently CJ has interest in coming to the Jets per Manish. Count me wrong.

Like I said...I like the idea if they can make it happen. Problem is still QB, but if they can build a good RB corp like Ivory and Spiller, that would help.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For cheap? Absolutely. Guy is a playmaker when healthy and used correctly. You can never have enough of those. But Buffalo is gonna pony up the dough and he loves Rex. Not happening.

Funny, Rex going to the Bills may have cost us Spiller. Guys love playing for him I guess.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I always thought Spiller was one of the best RB's in the league and that he was underused in Buffalo. I'd love to see us nab him to replace the other CJ.

pdxdrew, NYJalltheway, YOYOYO and 4 others like this.
  9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

always depends on price but when healthy he's a playmaker and we need playmakers. Buf has been loading up on RBs so I don't think CJ returns to Buffalo.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Buffalo hiring Rex will have no bearing whatsoever on Spiller staying or not staying. He's never played for him and therefore wouldn't even know if he would love playing for him.

Spiller is definitely going to hit the market. He's probably going to chase the biggest contract he can get - like 98% of free agents that usually do. If the biggest contract comes from Buffalo than he will sign back there but I doubt that it will and either way it won't be because Rex is in town.

I like Spiller as a player, he is fast and this team needs speed but RBs are so disposable in this league I wouldn't sign him unless he came cheap. It is an intriguing prospect though for free agency.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Wasn't Chris Johnson just arrested during a traffic stop for open carrying a fire arm?

I would not count on him...

#11 GQMartin, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/12/bills-running-backs-ecstatic-rex-ryan-hire/

I would say he's a Rex fan. But it hardly matters because Buffalo is going to pay him more than Id be willing to match.

13. BrowningNagle

ah, yes... the typical "fluff" piece on a team website that comes with a new coach hiring. Surely that means a lot.

Buffalo has set in motion the plan to replace Spiller for quite some time. Signing Dixon, trading for Bryce Brown, spending resources elsewhere. It's not a priority of theirs to resign Spiller.

-- I actually HOPE they give him a big contract and let a Jerry Hughes walk and/or take themselves out of the FA frenzy over him

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think he'd stay in Buffalo and I don't think he'd come especially cheap. Wouldn't be opposed to it because he seems like a good fit for Gailey, but I'd prefer if they took advantage of the phenomenal talent at RB on Day 2 & early Day 3 of the draft

15. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

No reason to sign an aging RB coming off an injury with the crop of RBs in the draft this year.

All Spiller is, is a name. Plenty of rookies could give us his type of production (possibly more) without the contract.

legler82 and JetBlue like this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Spiller will go to the highest bidder regardless of who the coach is.

17. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Only non rookie rb I would want to throw money at is AP, and who knows if the vikes are going to release him.

GreenfiendNYJ and BrowningNagle like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

now that is an interesting thought

19. LongIslandBlitz

20. LongIslandBlitz

I don't get this notion from Jet fans that every free agent must come cheap ,Spillers only 27 he isn't gonna get a massive contract but he will land in the middle somewhere