Rex Ryan Press Conference

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Jan 14, 2015.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He won 8 games with a team that was equivalent to 4 wins. Enough said.

The only year I truly feel he underachieved was 2011. 2012 had we had Revis (Missed 14 games), Keller (Missed 8 games but was unhealthy in the other 8), and Holmes(Missed 12 games) the whole season I bet we make the playoffs, we were in contention until week 15 but when you lose your best defensive player, best two offensive weapons, of course its a lot more difficult.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is going to become junc's new Mark Sanchez. Speaking of which, if the Bills somehow sign Sanchez this offseason, I don't see how junc won't become a Bills fan. There is no reason to debate with Rex people anymore because they are not going to change their views. Like Sox saying:
    I don't get how that is a good thing. Everyone knows that team was terrible and played terrible. Barely winning against bad teams is not really a compliment to Rex. Out of the 8 wins, only 2 impressed me. Beating the Patriots at home, and beating a Saints team who is terrible on the road and clearly fell apart in 2014. Still, pat Rex on the back for going .500!

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have an appreciation for what he did here, sorry you don't and you are exactly why Jet fans do not deserve a winner.

I think this was the year he underachieved, 2011 was a tough ending but we had issues on that team including 3 of the top 5 weapons entering that season on O being out of football after that season.

4. The Dark Knight

I hold people accountable, unlike Rex Ryan. I will always appreciate 2009 and 2010. 2011 too. You know that. Don't act like you haven't seen me post before. After 2011 though: Rex was a joke. I don't know how you can't see that. He refused to take blame on himself, proving it yesterday at the Bills presser. Who do you think mishandled Mark Sanchez? Tannenbaum? Idzik? Schottenheimer? Sparano? Lord knows you won't say Rex. That is your problem. He deserves just as much blame for 2011-14 as he does credit for 2009 and 2010.

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

this guy is a goddamn used car salesman

6. nyjunc

He always took the blame and he deserves some but how can you win as the talent gets worse and worse each year?

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You were hired to make department successfull, even if it meant not agreeing with me, your boss. You didn't tell me I was wrong = it's on you, and I WILL blame you because YOU messed up by not talking when you could.

"bad game" is when your opponent made better plays, when they had a little bit of luck.
    When your guys are not prepared to play, it's YOUR failure as a leader.
    25% failure = you are NOT a leader.

8. nyjunc

I made it successful, if I wasn't given power to bring in my guys how can I expected to maintain success?

bad games happen to all teams. The best coaches usually have top QBs something Rex never had.

9. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

why do people bother arguing with this NYJunc

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The big thing with me is, yes I know the Jets did not have much talent 2012-14, but that does not excuse how Rex coached. There is a difference. No one was holding Rex to a Super Bowl or bust situation the past 3 years. Still, the team looked awful and poorly coached/prepared most of the time. Rex did not know how to adjust. Many have pointed out Bowles DID KNOW how to adjust in Arizona. Big difference. We will see if it translates in 2015 with the Bills and Jets though. Time will tell.

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Bullshit, you were riding on my team for the first 2 years.
    LEADERS are not "given" power. They demand and take it. Thus, you're not a leader = fired.
    25% failure = BAD LEADER = fired

12. nyjunc

outside of this year Rex did an outstanding job and let's be honest- he was sabotaged by Idzik this year. Idzik thought he had years to build this team and he wanted to bring his own coach in.

13. nyjunc

Riding? I made the team BETTER- MUCH better, nearly the best in the history of the company.

good luck, go back to losing w/o me.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Maybe, but you did it riding on MY team.

Luck is good (e.g. Colts sitting out Manning), but I'd rather have a LEADER.

15. nyjunc

I made your team better than it had ever been under your leadership.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

But did this using MY guys!
    YOUR guys are unruly, unorganized and poorly trained.

Conclusion: you have some skills, but not those of a LEADER = fired.

.... let me put it this way, Junc. Rex Ryan you describe is a pretty good process improvement guy (e.g. a good coordinator), but he is not a good manager (e.g. not an HC).

17. The Dark Knight

Final question in this debate then: So you would have retained Rex after 4 straight seasons of missing the playoffs and going (4-12) this season? Idzik too?

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

And before you go there...
    Yes, hiring YOU into leadership position was failure on my part. However, I'm the owner, and you can't fire me :cool:

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Of course he would've!!! Junc's main character trait is mortal fear of change. If it was up to him, Namath would still be at QB

20. nyjunc

I wouldn't have fired Tannebaum but the way we were structured wasn't working and change needed to be made. I have no issue w/ firing Rex I just didn't want to see it. I don't think we could have brought another GM to work with him.

No, I would have gotten rid of most overrated player in NFL history much sooner.

other teams want me, You're welcome for finally making your franchise relevant and delivering success never seen before. we'll see you on the field.