Rex Ryan Press Conference

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Jan 14, 2015.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Rex whether you liked him or not (I don't and so happy he's taken his bragging ass to Buffalo and is not in NY-Bills fans will soon find out he's all bluff in Buff) is his own man and was never castrated by anyone. OK so maybe he was following organizational policy and Idzik did try (unsuccessfully) to close down the circus. What's wrong with shutting up a little and letting your players (on the field) do the talking. Because if you let the "I've gotta be me" guy do everything his own way you know what you'll get. You can double the Ls (as in laughs and losses).

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Huge fucking bingo.

It's going to be so nice to not have to pretend that delusional, bold proclamations from my team's head coach don't annoy me. It's going to be so nice to not feel like cringing every time my team's head coach holds a press conference. His presser today was a reminder of those realities. I'm smiling.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You will be feeling the same way in 4 years when they fire everyone but rex and you hear the same pep rally speech about how the team is still not backing down to anyone.

slimjasi likes this.
  4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

My two favorite examples of this were:

1) Rex proclaiming before the start of this past season (coming off of three straight non-winning, non-playoff years) that the Pats should be "worried" about us. (And that the rest of the league should "Watch out for the Jets.")

2) After we upset Pittsburgh, Rex (then the coach of a 2-8 football team) warning the rest of the league to: "overlook us at your own peril"

Again, I'm just so glad this nonsense is a thing of the past.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

First: the Bills aren't going to be no. 1 in Defense (what Rex wants the most). And they're not going to win the AFC East. Belichick is. PS it was insane for the Bills to let Schwartz walk when he was still under contract. If Rex wants to be the head coach he can't call D plays or be overly involved on that side of the ball. So if the Bills really want to win and believe Rex is a good head coach then they should have kept Schwartz and his scheme (which was a lot better than Rex's scheme).

6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Rex said buffalo was going to the playoffs soooooooo..... Enjoy being one game short on making the playoffs every year.

TNJet likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that's going to drive the Bills fans crazy is when their young QB makes the SAME mistake over and over again and they suddenly realize that he's not afraid to go to the sidelines after those repeated errors because Rex doesn't have a mean bone in his body and he just wants to give the guy a hug. Then when the game plan changes start they'll understand what that creates over time.

alleycat9, Red Menace and slimjasi like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets be honest here for a sec. The real reason why the Bills hired Rex was because their HC quit on them and that was an embarrassment to the new ownership. This forced their hand and they had to make a splashy hire just to try and recoup some respect. Rex happened along at a very fortuitous moment as it gave the Bills Organization something to crow about, but also gave the new Ownership some credibility after the Marrone fiasco. That it was the Jet's ex-HC just made more headlines. You can never have enough headlines Buffalo. Get used to it.

The best thing that could have happened to both Rex and the New Buffalo Ownership is that the circus now stops in Buffalo. It gives the Bills instant relevancy in the AFCE as well. As Rex never once referred to his offense during his presser, its also a given that he's a Ryan thru and thru. Dfence, Dfence with a side of Dfence

As the Buffalo fans gave us insight into Gailey's penchant for being a bit of a kamikaze on short yardage situations, We can return the favor by giving the Bill Fans insight into the clock management fiascos, the GnP, the lack of any adjustments at halftime and lest we forget, the endless cheerleading and faux confidence Rex will bring with him.

I won't miss "The Circus". I doubt if anyone will on this end of the Empire State.

Axel3419, Br4d and slimjasi like this.
  9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the AFC East stinks outside of NE and they only need mediocre QB play to make it.

The mistake was firing Tannenbaum in 2012. That was where Woody messed up.

NE has Brady
    Pitt Ben
    Baltimore was missing the playoffs every year until they got Flacco
    GB has Rodgers

The D was good in 2012 when Revis went down
    the last 2 years not as good but the NE D's have struggled forever and even when they were "great" they blew or tried to blow almost every SB.

He wasn't a good coach here- he was a GREAT coach here. Brought us closer to a SB than any coach since Weeb, ONLY coach to give us 2 chances at SB, made the franchise relevant for the first time since Parcells.

If he gets Mark it will be to start and they will be legit SB contenders. No I won't root for them but when they do win it will be what Jet fans deserve to see for running them out of town.

the man you saw today was not the man from the last 2 years here. He was not allowed to be himself and that cost this franchise. he was forced Geno who he didn't want to play and it cost us 2 years.

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

You can say this about any coach

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

the man you saw today was not the man from the last 2 years here. He was not allowed to be himself and that cost this franchise. he was forced Geno who he didn't want to play and it cost us 2 years.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't say much for Rex then. I thought he was a man's man. But what's so wrong in following an organizational policy esp in terms of communicating team news, etc. btw love to see your boy, Mark in Buffalo with Rex. In his presser he wouldn't deny it. Be interested to see if he gets along with Doug Whaley (assuming Whaley is still there). Manuel was Whaley's pick and it could be a situation similar to Geno. If things don't go Rex's way in terms of personnel I can see the media on Rex's side over Whaley. You know, the same "unnamed sources" (ie. Rex).

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Hey, give Rex some credit. He did bench guys, like Milliner and Pryor and even Geno. His big non-benching was Mark.

14. nyjunc

yes b/c benching mark in 2012 would have turned around the season, any QB could succeed w/ Schilens, Hill, Gates, Reuland as their main weapons.

The stupidity on this board astounds me.

15. LiterateStylish

LiterateStylish Active Member

You think Schwartz is a better defensive mind than Rex?

Wow man.

Lost a lot of respect for your football knowledge.

16. LiterateStylish

LiterateStylish Active Member

pclfan is that guy who simply has to say the Jets make all the right decisions and other teams make all the wrong ones.

he cant give credit where its due.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

its not so much that as who the hell did people want him to bench Mark for? Would that be for Tim Tebow or Greg McElroy?

It is so frustrating when people keep complaining about RR playing Sanchez when the FO gave him no viable alternatives (but yeah, I am sure that is exactly what RR wanted *SMH*)

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Weren't you the guy who said Schwartz was responsible for the Bills success all of last year not Marrone.

19. nyjunc

a lot of folks will bash when they realize a player/coach is leaving. The lack of appreciation for what rex did here is embarrassing. It's why we deserve to have seasons like 2014.

we had no choices, when we put in McElroy we saw what he did against SD. Joe Montana wouldn't have succeeded w/ the talent the Jets had on O.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

My stupidity is even replying to a nut like you. Sanchez not being benched in 2011 and 2012-two seasons down the toilet. Rex should have been fired in 2012.

TNJet likes this.